Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:47 PM
A lot of this stuff is really neat! I'm going to start experimenting with adding to those unused areas! Thanks to all for the ideas.

I haven't played nearly as long as most here, but one thing I can suggest; everyone keeps talking about "motherlode" and using it a bunch of times.... well, all you have to do is type "money [amount]" in for whatever Sim is active if you have testing cheats enabled. So rather than typing in ctrl-shift-c motherlode three or four times, just ctrl-shift-c money 200000. (No commas)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info.
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 12:14 PM
I don't have buydebug on my list. Is this an update or a mod that I need to look into?
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 7:38 PM
@Kalar Norween
I had this problem just now too and looked around. I found the solution by downloading Grim's Medieval Core Mode (here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...94#post3589194). I have the latest game patch and downloaded "GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_beta.zip" which works great but different versions might work differently.

To install it, you need to follow the instructions at Rockerduck's tutorial (here:http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...855#post3484855) and put in the "Resource.cfg" and "d3dx9_31.dll" files (you need both) if you haven't already. The downloads and specific directories where these files go are in the tutorial.

After successfully installing the mod you can now enter the "buydebug on" command in the console (ctrl+shift-c). In the Furniture Mode of the game there now will be a "?" question mark icon which is where you can buy the shiny new stuff. Some are valued at ยง0 while some will have prices. The buydebug menu and buy menu in combination with the "moveobjects on" and "motherlode" or "money [amount]" cheats will grant you decorating powers you've never known before. I am currently going crazy with it myself.

Lastly, be careful of the things you can't delete. You'll know which if you select one item from the menu hover it in the game and press "Delete" on your keyboard. Sometimes there also be a message in the "Sell" area saying you cannot delete that item.

Hope this helps!

@ladyskye

Another thing I'm going crazy over is how to recreate the carpet you put in the Watcher's Pavilion. I bought the big circular one but am having trouble getting the star patterns to work. Which swatch did you use in the Create-A-Style menu? I've experimented with most of the swatches available but can't seem to find the specific pattern you used.

Also, safe to say I'm stealing some ideas from here! I can feel the creative juices flowing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~aureza
@Kalar Norween
@ladyskye

Another thing I'm going crazy over is how to recreate the carpet you put in the Watcher's Pavilion. I bought the big circular one but am having trouble getting the star patterns to work. Which swatch did you use in the Create-A-Style menu? I've experimented with most of the swatches available but can't seem to find the specific pattern you used.

Also, safe to say I'm stealing some ideas from here! I can feel the creative juices flowing.

You can get the star pattern from Mod The Sims 3. Many of the patterns will interchange with Sims Medieval. But they must be for a category the is in both games. Such as fabric, stone, and Misc. There are several categories available in the Sims 3 that are not available in the Sims Medieval, so only choose pattern styles that are listed in TSM categories. I haven't played the game in so very long that I have forgotten if I needed to do anything to modify them, but I think they will exchange if you just put them in your package file. (Seriously, I don't remember how I did it or if I had to do anything special to get them to show up.) I think the star pattern is listed as a fabric. I don't remember the name of the creator. Also, I picked up a set of international camo patterns there that I used quite a lot as the background for rugs and some of the tapestries. Sorry I don't remember more, but it's been quite a while since I played the game.

Hope this helps.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
You can get the star pattern from Mod The Sims 3. Many of the patterns will interchange with Sims Medieval. But they must be for a category the is in both games. Such as fabric, stone, and Misc. There are several categories available in the Sims 3 that are not available in the Sims Medieval, so only choose pattern styles that are listed in TSM categories. I haven't played the game in so very long that I have forgotten if I needed to do anything to modify them, but I think they will exchange if you just put them in your package file. (Seriously, I don't remember how I did it or if I had to do anything special to get them to show up.) I think the star pattern is listed as a fabric. I don't remember the name of the creator. Also, I picked up a set of international camo patterns there that I used quite a lot as the background for rugs and some of the tapestries. Sorry I don't remember more, but it's been quite a while since I played the game.

Hope this helps.

Oh, it helps very much! Thank you! I looked around and found out how to make patterns in Create-A-Pattern before you posted and how to port them to TSM but it's good to know I can use some of the TS3 ones after porting them. Thanks very much!
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 3:57 AM
I've seen several people mention a mod that adds 4x guards and staff, but I can't find it anywhere. Where is this mod?
Scholar
#58 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassial
I've seen several people mention a mod that adds 4x guards and staff, but I can't find it anywhere. Where is this mod?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446037

Check out his other mods too, if you haven't seen the thread before, there's a lot of nice stuff here.
Also there's 2 populous mods, the first one adds the extra staff, the second one does everything the first one does but also changes the creepy squires and a couple of other things. You can't load both at the same time.
Test Subject
#59 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446037

Check out his other mods too, if you haven't seen the thread before, there's a lot of nice stuff here.
Also there's 2 populous mods, the first one adds the extra staff, the second one does everything the first one does but also changes the creepy squires and a couple of other things. You can't load both at the same time.

Thank you! One quick question. Do I HAVE to create a new knight or monarch for the mod to take effect, or does Populous 2 work automatically?
Scholar
#60 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassial
Thank you! One quick question. Do I HAVE to create a new knight or monarch for the mod to take effect, or does Populous 2 work automatically?

Do you mean you already have a knight and a monarch?
I know the castle staff are created when you first drop your monarch in and the squires appear with the knight. It worked automatically for me, but I really don't recall if I added this mod during a kingdom or if I waited till I started a new one till I added it. I can go back to one of my earlier kingdoms and see if any get generated for you.
If it needs it to be shiny and new I don't think replacing an existing monarch or knight will generate the extras as I think they spawn with the building. I don't know though.

Actually....I added the updated version during a kingdom and had to wait till a new kingdom for the changes to take effect, but that wasn't adding extras that was randomizing the creepy squires and the extra squires were already there from the first version.

I'm going to go before I confuse myself lol. I'll check an early kingdom for you, be back later.
Scholar
#61 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:35 AM
Nah, they're generated when the buildings are placed. I even tried killing the royal advisor to see if it would create the extras when the advisor got respawned...it doesn't. So you can't force your kingdom to recognize the mod is there.
If you already have the required buildings in place, you'll just have to wait till you start a new kingdom to use this brilliant mod. It's well worth starting another kingdom for IMO.
Test Subject
#62 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 9:45 PM
Nah, they're generated when the buildings are placed. I even tried killing the royal advisor to see if it would create the extras when the advisor got respawned...it doesn't. So you can't force your kingdom to recognize the mod is there.
If you already have the required buildings in place, you'll just have to wait till you start a new kingdom to use this brilliant mod. It's well worth starting another kingdom for IMO.

Thank you for testing that for me. I'll have to start another kingdom but it's not that big a deal.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 7:29 PM
Wait, I only find about neat decorating ideas from by buydebug now? How old is this thread? Man, I'm a slacker. Good stuff.
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:47 PM
Since this seems to be the decorating ideas thread, I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask but... how do you rotate the floor patterns? So the floorboards go horizontally instead of vertically,corner pieces are angled right, that sort of thing. The pre-decorated buildings have it, but I haven't figured out how to do it myself.
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cuniculosa
Since this seems to be the decorating ideas thread, I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask but... how do you rotate the floor patterns? So the floorboards go horizontally instead of vertically,corner pieces are angled right, that sort of thing. The pre-decorated buildings have it, but I haven't figured out how to do it myself.

The horizontal/vertical floor patterns can be rotated using the < and > keys, that you normally rotate the camera with (if you use the keyboard to do so). When you press these keys while holding a floor pattern in your hand tool, a horizontal floor pattern will rotate to be a vertical one and vice versa. It's the same with the corner floor patterns, just use the < and > keys to change the angle.
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~aureza
The horizontal/vertical floor patterns can be rotated using the < and > keys, that you normally rotate the camera with (if you use the keyboard to do so). When you press these keys while holding a floor pattern in your hand tool, a horizontal floor pattern will rotate to be a vertical one and vice versa. It's the same with the corner floor patterns, just use the < and > keys to change the angle.

Ah, it works perfectly! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 11:16 AM
ladyskye, hi. You have some really fancy pics from your game. I see that in the first two pics I looked at of yours, the chess garden, and one with a sim in a room that you placed a chair rather close to the fountain, in the chess garden, and an object also close to another thing in pic 2, my question is have you had any difficulty with any of the sims being unable to get around these areas when furniture is placed closely to anything else, even a wall? I do all the time, and sometimes excessively, an example is when I try and place a cask in my physician's upstairs bedroom, the game wants way more room than seems logical for the end of the cask to the wall, there is a large unused area in-between the cask and the wall which is wasted space, completely ridiculous that any object would need to take up space that it isn't even using. Can you understand what I mean, its as if the cask needs a gigantic space beyond what it would fill in real life. I think it is an error in my game, have always thought so, but when I noticed your pics, I figured it was a perfect time to ask another. It seems my buildings are just a hair off their default positions, like sometimes I notice the castle, its especially noticeable in the Reception Hall, is not online as if the building is about a 1/2 a foot in game time, not a foot in real time over placed, or in the grass off the setting line. Its easily seen when I want to place a standing lamp or other object in the entrance path into the castle, if I look down exactly right to the right as a sim is entering the castle through the large front doors, the item I want to place will go halfway into the brick, and on the left side of the entrance just the opposite side when I place another of the same item, lets say the same lamp, the lamp on that side will not go close enough to the upper brick. So the whole placement of the castle building is off by just a hair, and trying to reset it, or place it right, does nothing, as the game in the moveobjects on mode makes it so buildings can only be replaced in a way that is controlled, I don't know the words to explain, but surely you know when needing to move the building in furnish mode, it is like placed an object, it snaps to areas and snaps out, no completely free placement of any opject. Does anyone who might read this response have such an issue with their game? Or might I be the only one? I have seen a lot of other people's pics of their kingdoms but have yet to notice any that appear to have an offset castle, or what appear to be rips in the walls or the floor that are otherwise natural, in my game, but in truth look like a ripped screen image, more than a natural defective wall or floor which may have been intentionally added to the game in design very much like the moss on the outside of the buildings, or holes, which I know a mod has been made to remove those. I am not supposing that anything can be done about what I mention above, but truly I am curious to know if anyone else has the castle trouble I do. Man has it ever played a role in some of my frustration in furnishing! LOL Thanks for any responses if there are any beforehand.

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:57 PM
I found this beautiful blue chandelier in buydebug mode. :lovestruc But after putting it down I try to go to live mode and the game goes to a continuous loading loop and I have to ctrl+alt+delete it.

And I really really want this chandelier. Is there anything I can do to get past this?

Image of the chandelier attached below.
Screenshots
Scholar
#69 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetDalilah
I found this beautiful blue chandelier in buydebug mode. :lovestruc But after putting it down I try to go to live mode and the game goes to a continuous loading loop and I have to ctrl+alt+delete it.

And I really really want this chandelier. Is there anything I can do to get past this?

Image of the chandelier attached below.

I first tested out the debug one and it puts my game in a never ending loop when returning to live mode as well.
I made a buyable version of this for you, it's in the Forsaken Mods thread. It's working ok for me, let me know if it works for you.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 3:02 PM
I first tested out the debug one and it puts my game in a never ending loop when returning to live mode as well.
I made a buyable version of this for you, it's in the Forsaken Mods thread. It's working ok for me, let me know if it works for you.

I really thought no one knew how to fix this (since no one was replying) so I haven't visited the forums for a few days. And here I come and Chickie has made a converted version in buy mode It's working great, thank you again, dear.

Now there is the same problem with the plant inventory objects in the debug mode (not the plant spawners, they are working fine). I wonder if they could be transferred to the buy mode as well, because I was planning to add some flowers to the bushes and make it look like this.

Screenshots
Scholar
#71 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetDalilah
I really thought no one knew how to fix this (since no one was replying) so I haven't visited the forums for a few days. And here I come and Chickie has made a converted version in buy mode It's working great, thank you again, dear.

Now there is the same problem with the plant inventory objects in the debug mode (not the plant spawners, they are working fine). I wonder if they could be transferred to the buy mode as well, because I was planning to add some flowers to the bushes and make it look like this.

They actually look ok in the bushes.
I recall someone recently had a problem after placing the Angelweed flower.
Do they all have a problem?
I'll add it to the list of things to try and make time for.
Test Subject
#72 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 12:16 PM
I've turned the room on the right side (our left side) of the Throne room into a kind of Hallway of mirrors. The freakish master builder has vain trait so doing this stops him from going up to the Royal Bath. Also, I added extra betting tables and a chess table to keep the sims busy. You'll find that if you use a music box in his majesty's private chamber, people, especially the freak build master would go there and use it. I stopped that too, by placing a music box in that same room.

I did a few other general decorating. I did the throne room like this, with pillars laid with gilded leaves and a fancy sitting arrangement. People really find it difficult to sit in the castle.

I have two monarchs, twins. One boy n one girl, so I kept it simple so that it would fit both their taste. It's not too strong and not too girly.
Page 3 of 3