Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set Community Lot Book Type

by Sims MX Posted 28th Sep 2011 at 7:06 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:55 AM by Sims MX

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 7:15 AM
This is gonna help me a lot! Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 7:54 AM
Beautiful work done
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:00 AM
BRILLIANT :D

The whole library bookcase issue was a never-ending source of frustration. Such a simple and elegant fix too
The other one
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:25 AM
What a great idea, love this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 9:46 AM
Perfect - thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:12 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 28th Sep 2011 at 6:34 PM.
THANK YOU!!!
This will be soooo much easier than the faff of using the debug commands available with AM. More accurate too.
YAY!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 1:30 PM
One of those things you don't realize can be fixed until someone provides the fix - thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 3:22 PM
Awesome, thank you! This has burned my hide for so long!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 5:25 PM Last edited by ViolettaVie : 11th Jul 2012 at 2:07 AM.
I was hoping someone would come up with a mod like this. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 7:49 PM
I love you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:41 PM
Thanks so much! I just finished my personal library/bookstore only to find that there were no skill books. Then this comes out 4 days later. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 11:25 PM
Wow! Thanks so much :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 11:57 PM
Finally, a solution for the library problem that I like. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 2:30 AM
This is great. Only thing is...I would prefer to not have to be in build/buy mode to do this. I mean, if I'm in build/buy mode anyway, it seems easier to just plop down a skill bookcase. I'm thinking of Twinbrook, primarily, where every single time I start a new game there I find myself having to plunk down a skillbook shelf so my sims can actually learn stuff at the library. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:38 AM
So this won't work in residential settings? Because I'd love for my sims to have separate bookshelves for each book type at home.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 8:15 AM
I don't like add mods on my game but this one, I take ! It is very useful ! Thank you so much !
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:20 AM
I think I'll start using libraries more often now! Thanks for another great mod Sims MX!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:50 PM
I have been on the official forums begging for this quite a long time. Since EA will not do it, I will definitely give this a try. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 6:44 PM
Thanks for giving my sims a reason to go back to the library!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
are restaurants next?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:58 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Only thing is...I would prefer to not have to be in build/buy mode to do this. I mean, if I'm in build/buy mode anyway, it seems easier to just plop down a skill bookcase. I'm thinking of Twinbrook, primarily, where every single time I start a new game there I find myself having to plunk down a skillbook shelf so my sims can actually learn stuff at the library. :/

I made it a Buy/Build Mode interaction because I wanted to be able to set the type of bookshelf when building the library, otherwise I would have to build it and then send a Sim to interact with and change the type of community lot book.

Also, this mod's purpose is to expand the skill and kids bookshelf variety, not to fix the lack of skillbookshelves in libraries.

Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
So this won't work in residential settings? Because I'd love for my sims to have separate bookshelves for each book type at home.

This is for community lots only. You can already manage your books and separate them by yourself, so I don't see why would this be needed for residential lots. Say no to free books!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
This is for community lots only. You can already manage your books and separate them by yourself, so I don't see why would this be needed for residential lots. Say no to free books!

It'd be nice if sims would only put certain books in certain bookcases, instead of having to control it myself. lol.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 3:40 AM
Default I second this.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
It'd be nice if sims would only put certain books in certain bookcases, instead of having to control it myself. lol.

I second this. I have a children's bookcase in the kid's room and the parents always go and read gross romantic novels in there and then move the children's books downstairs to the study. It's a pain to have to chase my sim around every time I see them carrying a book. Maybe you could make a second version enabled for residential too? Pretty please? <3
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 11:09 PM
Update:

I've added three new options and a new feature. Now you can choose to add books of a specific genre, time period, location, or career.

Sim-written books are also added to bookshelves. This can be turned off.

Tuning:
Before tuning this mod to your liking, make sure to introduce yourself to the fine art of XML modding by reading this tutorial: Tutorial:Sims_3_XML_Tuning_Moddingwiki.

These are the settings that can be tuned.
  • kAllowForeignBooks - Whether bookshelves can spawn foreign books. Default: false.
  • kAllowWrittenBooks - Whether bookshelves can spawn Sim-written books. Default: true.
  • kMinMaxWrittenBooksForLibraryBookshelves - The minimum and maximum number of Sim-written books a libary bookshelf can hold. Default: 0, 2.
Page 1 of 3