Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 5:37 AM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 31st Oct 2011 at 1:49 AM.
Default Grim's CAS Part cloner(Experimental/For Testing)
I add this thread for testing this program, but also to help people figure out how to mesh, and texture, and eventually add new objects for Medieval.

This is a Windows program that allows copying of CASP files. This will track down files listed in CASP and linked files, export them, and change the file references to the new files. All file names are created to import without issue into S3PE.

For objects that you wish to make a new clone just rename the CAS Part, otherwise, if you wish to overwrite the original file keep the same name and click clone.

The cloner should create a new directory with the name of the cloned object. Inside the directory are a CASP file which controls which files TSM loads. It also creates different directories for extracted files. To truely clone a CAS Parts all of these files seem to be needed.

The most important files lie within the Geometry, Images, and Thumbnails directories. Meshes are within geometry, Textures are within Images, and, well, you probably get this one.

Note: The options.cfg file must be renamed to reflect your actual Sims Medieval install directory.

I've been working with geometry, and these files should load fine in MilkShape. Textures can be edited in any image editor, but currently I'm using Photoshop 7 (old but works).

This program is very experimental. I know there are bugs within this program. I could list the one's I've found, but I really need to have people work with this tool and let me know their results.

Any questions or feedback are welcome.

Also adding a simple new CASP object. It is for male monarchs, and edits one of the existing Cape and Sword clothing objects to have a longer cape. This simple edit is meant only for demonstration.

This edit creates a new file based off of this,

that creates this,

The difference is sleight, but the cape is longer. Also updated to change the Stencil A and Overlay textures. The stencil changes the lion to a yinyang symbol, and the overlay makes the medallion green.

This demo changes Thumbnails, textures (including updating CASP Presets), and Geometry (including creating BGEO files).

Updates
10-23-11
Added thumbnails to the cloner to make it easier to find the objects you wish to clone.
Major rewrite to how the program loads packages. New version will now also work with Pirates and Nobles CAS Parts.

10-23-11
Fixed crashing on some CAS Parts.
Cloner now correctly referencing the delta build package before defaulting to the full build package.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  amBodyKingCapeSwordGrim.zip (3.23 MB, 157 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Cloned clothing object demonstration.
File Type: zip  GrimsTSMCASPCloner.zip (107.5 KB, 409 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  GrimsTSMCASPClonerPreview.zip (72.4 KB, 186 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Upcoming, non-official test package.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 10:07 AM
You are awesome! this is certainly going to help someone!
#3 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 12:31 PM
what
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:02 PM
Compared to 40 years ago, I learn much more slowly now. But I downloaded this and will see what I can do with it. I have milkshape and may end up buying a license for it, but I also have GIMP and will see how well it works with that.

To be honest, I have no clue what I am doing, but will happily peck around in the dark anyhow.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:09 PM
The GEOM files can only be loaded into a registered 1.85 MilkShape. Other programs will depend entirely on if plugins are available. I will mention that it does not seem like Blender will allow as advanced edits as MilkShape will.

I am happy to answer any questions I can, but I would suggest looking into some of the TS3 tutorials.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
The GEOM files can only be loaded into a registered 1.85 MilkShape. Other programs will depend entirely on if plugins are available. I will mention that it does not seem like Blender will allow as advanced edits as MilkShape will.

I am happy to answer any questions I can, but I would suggest looking into some of the TS3 tutorials.

Then I will have to put some money on my card and pay for the license. If I have questions, I will try to state them clearly and remain drama free with them. Thank you. I will do as you suggest with TS3 tutorials.

This may take quite a while, but other than bowling and work, I do relatively little that is productive with my time except sleep.

Thank you again.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:06 AM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 8th Oct 2011 at 7:27 PM.
Added a new simple edit for male monarchs as a demo.

Edit: Updated the demo to change a couple of textures.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 2:35 AM
I've been working all day on a tutorial for this. What I've come up with contains a lot of information about CAS Parts for TSM, but it is a long tutorial. I have decided to release it in sections. Some sections can be ignored for those who don't want to make those edits.

Following the complete tutorial will give you my demo clothing package. The full tutorial is written, and only needs some clean up before I upload it. I intend at least a partial upload this weekend.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 3:31 AM
Looking forward to it. Thanks for all you've done
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:06 PM
Added a minor update that fixes a crash on certain CASPs. Also it now uses both the full and delta build packages.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:11 PM
New update rewrites the package loader to include Pirates and Nobles if installed. Also added as CAS thumbnail image to the UI to make it easier to find different CAS Parts.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 2:58 PM
Thumbnail previews! Thanks for the update Grim!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 1:56 AM
Added a change which include new things I've been working on. This program should behave as the original program as far as cloning is concerned, but will allow extra viewing of CAS Presets. This is in an effort to make CAS Presets editable with this tool. The regular version is the most stable, but any input on the new additions will be helpfull.

For those who wish to help with the most recent verrsion please try the preview download.
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:14 PM
Added a change which include new things I've been working on. This program should behave as the original program as far as cloning is concerned, but will allow extra viewing of CAS Presets. This is in an effort to make CAS Presets editable with this tool. The regular version is the most stable, but any input on the new additions will be helpfull.

For those who wish to help with the most recent verrsion please try the preview download.

Hi Grim

Thought you might like to know that the newest version crashes consistently when trying to clone 'ambodyTredonyJacketSword' which is one of the outfits that came with P&N.
Love that you now get a preview of the item selected
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info. Some items have slieght differences in their files, so some things I coded to work for most items. Knowing an item that causes a crash helps me figure out what stuff is really important in the files. I probably could have avoided some of this using the Sims 3 C# libraries, but I'm much better with C++, and I kind of like figuring out stuff anyway.

At the moment I'm still installing stuff on my new computer build (best PC I've ever used). When I get my Visual Studios loaded again I'll look into it.
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Some items have slieght differences in their files, so some things I coded to work for most items. Knowing an item that causes a crash helps me figure out what stuff is really important in the files. I probably could have avoided some of this using the Sims 3 C# libraries, but I'm much better with C++, and I kind of like figuring out stuff anyway.

At the moment I'm still installing stuff on my new computer build (best PC I've ever used). When I get my Visual Studios loaded again I'll look into it.

Probably better to use what you're most comfortable with, and if it helps you to figure out other things along the way then it's probably the better one to use anyway. The program is great.

My computer is about 4 years old now (built myself) and is still ahead of the majority of pre-builts available in stores, the only thing I've upgraded in it is the graphics card. I am wanting to build another one soon though. Hope you enjoy your new computer...a little jealous LOL

Oh I'm glad you found somewhere to host your female file btw....and the male file. Don't think my ISP would have been too happy with me hosting that one LOL. I was in the process of building a new website for your female file, but like I said on another thread I've been incredibly ill for the last month. I'm so glad it all worked out, I felt bad for not getting the site finished.
Scholar
#17 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:09 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 20th Nov 2011 at 2:42 PM.
Getting this error in the caspart file for afbodycorsetsexytattoo.
I've tried cloning it a few times and the error for this file is always the same.
It works fine with the older version of the cloner.

*Update*
This error in the caspart file is the same for quite alot of the clothing, but are all fine using the older version.

Error reading resource 034AEECB:00000000:20D7CBBEEE1C84D3
Front-end Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Library Distribution: 11-0402-0951

Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
----
Stack trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e)
----

Source: s3pi.CASPartResource
Assembly: s3pi.CASPartResource, Version=1104.10.22.39188, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Position of TGIBlock read: 0x000082FB, actual: 0x000082F7
----
Stack trace:
at CASPartResource.CASPartResource.Parse(Stream s)
at CASPartResource.CASPartResource..ctor(Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
Instructor
#18 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:49 PM
This is brilliant! Thank you ever so much for your dedication and work! *sends prized German chocolate*!
#19 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 6:49 PM
has anybody made assassin outfit yet?
Instructor
#20 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:21 AM
I love the super long cape grim did on the monarch's outfit. any chance I could get one with the original symbol on it? the yin and yang doesn't fit with any of my themes. . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:07 PM
The yin yang symbol is in the stencil texture. If you edit that texture you can put any image you want on it. You don't even need to change any IDs, references, or anything.
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:23 PM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 6th Dec 2011 at 8:10 PM.
coolness, I guess I'll go figure out how to do that :D