Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Relationships slowly degrading for no reason...
There is something strange going on, and normally I'd blame the moodlets - but there's nothing there. For some reason my family of Sims now hate each other for no apparent reason and even worse, they can't rekindle their relationships because their relationships seem to slowly degrade.

They will slowly begin to hate each other even after I make them friends again. No matter what I do, they become enemies in 15-20 minutes.

The highest level celebrity is three stars and the lowest is one star. This isn't happening because of the "Publicly Disgraced" moodlet either; only one of the 4 sims in conflict was recently publicly disgraced.

I have wasted about an hour into this - restarted the game twice, no luck.

Any ideas guys?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:48 AM
Have you worked through the game problem guide- that is, determined that this is not due to CC or user files, but a problem with either the savegame or the game install?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Have you worked through the game problem guide- that is, determined that this is not due to CC or user files, but a problem with either the savegame or the game install?

I think it's something in game causing this that I overlooked...

Not sure how there could be a game install issue - haven't had a single crash.
No Custom Content at all.
Can't verify much on the save-game, although the save should be fine... it's fairly new.

Spent the past day or two on this family, I'd hate to throw it away.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:54 AM
Suggestions I can think of to try are:
Delete your game caches (including World Caches)
Reset the affected sims
First backup your game, and then move the sims to a new lot (this will tell us if the problem is with the lot itself)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:06 AM
Suggestions I can think of to try are:
Delete your game caches (including World Caches)
Reset the affected sims
First backup your game, and then move the sims to a new lot (this will tell us if the problem is with the lot itself)

Where are the caches stored?
I just reset the Sims, saved, and copied save folder.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:30 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:Try each of the steps listed to either solve the problem or rule out Custom Content as the cause.

Full instructions on deleting caches and troubleshooting in that article. :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:41 AM Last edited by fredericwb : 8th Oct 2011 at 4:36 AM.
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:Try each of the steps listed to either solve the problem or rule out Custom Content as the cause.

Full instructions on deleting caches and troubleshooting in that article.

Thanks, didn't know where that would be. I'd hate to delete the wrong folder or something...
Getting it done.

Edit: Done, checking result of lot change.

2nd Edit:
Nope, it didn't change anything.

Any other ideas?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fredericwb
No Custom Content at all.
I suspect that's your root cause.
EA's code is extremely buggy without mods that have corrective & preventive actions in place.

Most of the ones recommended are in the Wiki Articles that are linked in the Stickies.
Even if you had never encountered those issues in the Stickies before now, without a replacement StoryProgression mod, it would only be a matter of time. Perhaps this is the trickle that starts the avalanche rolling.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
I suspect that's your root cause.
EA's code is extremely buggy without mods that have corrective & preventive actions in place.

Most of the ones recommended are in the Wiki Articles that are linked in the Stickies.
Even if you had never encountered those issues in the Stickies before now, without a replacement StoryProgression mod, it would only be a matter of time. Perhaps this is the trickle that starts the avalanche rolling.

That's a lot of stuff to install for a possible solution...

If it helps, I see the little arrows gleaming red on the other sims portraits every few seconds.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#10 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 9:44 AM
Known factors which degrade relationships:
1. The Celebrity disgrace spam, which you mentioned experiencing at least once. AwesomeMod mitigates the impacts of this.
2. The Emperor of Evil's "Aura of Evil" negatively affects relationships with "nice" traited sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.