Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 10th Feb 2012 at 7:52 PM.
Default Reyes County
Since all of the terrain in both Seacrest and Disko is almost done I decided that I should make another world. The inspiration for this world came from my 2 week vacation to California. It is very loosely based on point reyes national park. Here are a few pics . Any feedback is appreciated.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
You truly are a VERY talented person! The only thing a newbie like me can say is that in the last picture it dosent look very natural because it goes from dense to nothing. What are your plans?
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:16 AM
Nice start! Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:38 PM
It's only a bit, I know, but it's looking GREAT so far. Oooh cluttering plants together seems to be your specialty, and its working amazingly
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 4:51 PM
If only California looked like this in real life!!! Well, maybe it does but not where I live!

It is looking lovely. I like the terrain painting and the middle picture is absolutely gorgeous and realistic. Can't wait to see what this one comes to.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Theorist
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 9:04 PM
Wow, another one already?
I wouldn't normally comment on such an incomplete work, but I can see where this is going.
Definately impressive so far.

Any details like world size, or is it mainland, etc?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 12:54 AM
Yes! I love your worlds. They are beautiful and realistic. I like your terrin paint in this one (not including the greeny bit behing )

My Simblr: Here
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Wow, another one already?
I wouldn't normally comment on such an incomplete work, but I can see where this is going.
Definately impressive so far.

Any details like world size, or is it mainland, etc?

The world size will be large with one side connected to the mainland.

Scholar
#9 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:05 AM
Ooh, a California-based world! I love the terrain down there, especially the views along Highway 1 and Monterey. Your first two shots look spot-on, I must say, and I can't wait to see where you're going with this.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Gabrymato : 20th Oct 2011 at 2:37 PM.
I like it so far (how could I not like one of your worlds?)!
The second pic of the first post is just WOW. Reminds me of the dry wilderness around Hidden Hills, CA.
May I ask you how you plan to develop an (eventual) urban area? I mean, Seacrest looks a lot like Vancouver or Seattle, will this neighborhood look like San Diego, LA, Santa Barbara or something?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:10 PM
Unlike Seacrest, this town will be very small. It will probably come out looking somewhat like this picture.

and one picture of progress

enjoy
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:36 AM
Although i do love your terrain, I really think it would benifit from your bushes not stopping so suddenly at the edge of the cliffs. I think it makes it look odd and unnatural. Maybe just continue the grasses and bushes on some of the flatter areas of the cliff face. It would help spread it out a bit more.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:56 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
Although i do love your terrain, I really think it would benifit from your bushes not stopping so suddenly at the edge of the cliffs. I think it makes it look odd and unnatural. Maybe just continue the grasses and bushes on some of the flatter areas of the cliff face. It would help spread it out a bit more.

I think this is a good idea. This will take away that hard edge between the vegetation and rock. Now I just need to go execute this idea.

edit

Is this what you meant TVR ? I added a little grass around the edges.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:03 AM
Pretty much. I did mean .. well. You see that singular bush thats sitting right near the sea on the complete right side of the picture? how its lower and its kind of helping with the transition from land to ocean? I meant like that. But I do also like what you did with the cliffs now, how it sorta goes further, rather than just stopping. Very nice.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:59 PM
The transition is much better now, but to me it still looks strange. As it is, to my eyes it looks like the cliff... has herpes. You know cold sores? And they're spreading!

Maybe using terrain paint for the vegetation with only a few shrubs would look better? I'm reluctant to say it can't work as it is, though. You have a great "intuition" when it comes to landscapping, Ouerbacker, so maybe after you work more on it it'll start looking more natural.

Edit: By the way, the darker terrain paint where the cliff meets the water is looking great!

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticNeutral
The transition is much better now, but to me it still looks strange. As it is, to my eyes it looks like the cliff... has herpes. You know cold sores? And they're spreading!

Maybe using terrain paint for the vegetation with only a few shrubs would look better? I'm reluctant to say it can't work as it is, though. You have a great "intuition" when it comes to landscapping, Ouerbacker, so maybe after you work more on it it'll start looking more natural.

Edit: By the way, the darker terrain paint where the cliff meets the water is looking great!

Does this look a little less like herpes ?

Field Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 1:58 PM
OOOOOOOOH. thats fantastic! GREAT. I do love this. I do have 1 quick thing.. I think that the white terrain paint, right at the base of the cliffs, is a bit too.. white. :P

dodgy builder
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:57 PM
Oh yes, herpes is gone! but I'm still not happy about your color palette, sorry. The green on that hill is just rubbing me the wrong way. Hopefully it's only me :p
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:10 PM
Much better, I really can't wait to see how this turns out. Please keep it going!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:15 PM
I actually miss some of the bushes and the tree. Maybe not as many but some. Although, I guess you can't please everyone.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I actually miss some of the bushes and the tree. Maybe not as many but some. Although, I guess you can't please everyone.

I plan to add a few bushes back in once I've graded the path.
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:33 PM
Looks terrific now, as long as some of the plants make a comeback.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 1:54 PM
i much prefer the new look, esp. once you add back some of the bushes!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:44 PM
That is looking wonderful. If I'm not being too nosy, what terrain textures are you using?

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM
Looks great! But like heaven, I liked the vast amount of vegetation... but I guess she's right, you can't please everyone. It still looks fabulous though! :D

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Page 1 of 31