Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 671 (Who?), Viewed: 155019 times. | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: OP can request to have thread re-opened
Page 13 of 27
Theorist
#301 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:50 PM
I agree with jje1000 about that barn, better with the house. I like the interior of the bar, but I'm not sure about that table with the chairs. The table doesn't seem to fit there perhaps. I don't know ... perhaps it's kind of a "That farmer gave us this table, and I it kind of fits this style of ours, most importantly, it's free". It doesn't really look like just run down style if you know what I mean. More like "a little bit of this and a little bit of that".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#302 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 18th Mar 2012 at 8:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
It doesn't really look like just run down style if you know what I mean. More like "a little bit of this and a little bit of that".

Yeh , this is how it felt to me . It lacked a consistent design , and just seemed random.

Does this look better? I'm just going for modern now. The instruments will be placed after I decide on whether to keep this layout or rebuild it another way.

a house

Is the color okay? When I built this house I was thinking about spearmint gum.

Instructor
#303 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:26 PM
I like this layout a lot, it looks a whole lot better and it all really fits.
Field Researcher
#304 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:01 PM
Yeah-the layout is much better and consistent then before!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Top Secret Researcher
#305 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:05 PM
I love the layout, also, is it just me or are the balconies on the house missing pillars?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#306 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
I love the layout, also, is it just me or are the balconies on the house missing pillars?

I was just trying to make sure the color was okay in that first pic. Here's a picture with plants and posts.

Inventor
#307 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:06 PM
IMO there's a little too much room behind the bar. Have you tried a bar parallel to the stage?

Anyways, everything else looks great! Also, are there going to be any other modern/mid-century buildings in the map? Maybe the elementary school, radio station or starter homes?
Top Secret Researcher
#308 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:21 PM
Wow, the house looks great. I see you haven't done the interior yet, but from your earlier posts, I know greatness is to come

GTA V
Mad Poster
#309 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:24 PM
If you don't mind the insanity, there is a way to give exterior stairs walls, so you don't have to hide them with flowers.

Anyway, I'm loving the lot as a whole *takes notes*

For the bar, it's going to be hard trying to find out where the stage should be, so it doesn't take up too much space, but has enough room for the instruments and such. If you want, you could put the stage where the giant windows are, and that would make for an interesting back drop for the stage, even though it'd take away from the design itself. You would have to do more interior design, and shift focal points away from that open area, but you wont have to worry about cramming. The space you have it very hard to utilize, but doable. Also, the decor of the lot it quite nice - a cool fusion of rustic charm and an aged retro, yet modern feel. ^_^

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#310 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:26 PM
The only thing about the bar is those tables. They just seem like outdoor tables to me. Not to mention, setting a martini glass on one is sure to leave you with a wet lap. =)

Your houses still blow me away, every freaking time.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
(Also looking for feedback on my world in progress; Mayfair Isles)
Theorist
#311 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:04 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 19th Mar 2012 at 10:35 AM.
I'm with Redhead on those tables, it reminds me too much of some cheap wobbly tables I would never buy LOL.

You want to mix'n match do you? What about a matching 70's plastic table and some fluffy floffy chairs? ... but you probably don't like such chairs

... and the framing you have for those windows, not the roofs they are kind of cute, but the wallpaper's? ...hm. Those little roofs just need a softer color me thinks, they look to sharp at the moment. The long flattish roof over the balconies looks ok when you have an attic with windows, on their own not so much.

The framing actually works for the corner windows because the framing is wider then the window. On the other wall the window is wider. The color could probably blend more in for it to work.

The bar is good there me thinks, kind of a modern twist ... but the lines are good.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#312 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
IMO there's a little too much room behind the bar. Have you tried a bar parallel to the stage?

Anyways, everything else looks great! Also, are there going to be any other modern/mid-century buildings in the map? Maybe the elementary school, radio station or starter homes?

I haven't tried this yet, but once the farmhouse is done I'll give it a shot. I'm never really sure about what I'll build next, but there might be a few modern, not necessarily mid center, houses built over in the unfinished corner of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
If you don't mind the insanity, there is a way to give exterior stairs walls, so you don't have to hide them with flowers.

Anyway, I'm loving the lot as a whole *takes notes*

For the bar, it's going to be hard trying to find out where the stage should be, so it doesn't take up too much space, but has enough room for the instruments and such. If you want, you could put the stage where the giant windows are, and that would make for an interesting back drop for the stage, even though it'd take away from the design itself. You would have to do more interior design, and shift focal points away from that open area, but you wont have to worry about cramming. The space you have it very hard to utilize, but doable. Also, the decor of the lot it quite nice - a cool fusion of rustic charm and an aged retro, yet modern feel. ^_^

If jje's layout doesn't work, I'll try yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Creations
The only thing about the bar is those tables. They just seem like outdoor tables to me. Not to mention, setting a martini glass on one is sure to leave you with a wet lap. =)

Your houses still blow me away, every freaking time.

I'll replace those table with the glass ones. They'll probably look okay.

Which of these looks better - the beige one is very unfinished - I 'm only going to use one of these.

the unspearminted spearmint house

or the basic beige -very very unfinished

barn to go with one of the houses

Instructor
#313 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
I think the un-spearminted spearmint house looks like it has more character and has my vote!

Such a cute barn. ♥

Top Secret Researcher
#314 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:37 PM
I vote for the un-spearminted spearmint house re-spearminted! (I loved the first color scheme.) You could have a family there whose names are all mint-related.

Agreed about the barn--so cute!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#315 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:05 PM
I absolutely love this world and cannot wait until it is finished! It's the first custom world I've gotten super excited about, and I love coming back to this thread and seeing new updates

I have a suggestion/request that I thought might go well with the world. Usually, in my towns, I like to add a building where I can put all my old people so they don't clog up available housing for families, and I feel like a sort of "old folks home" or whatever would be lovely in Reyes because it seems like the exact sort of sunny place retirees would love to live. Just throwing it out there incase you're interested!
Instructor
#316 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 12:41 AM
I'm going with unspearminted, it looks nicer
Field Researcher
#317 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:14 AM
I simply have to say:

UNSPEARMINTED!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Scholar
#318 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:07 AM
As usual, the dissenting vote: BEIGE! lol! But, maybe a light rose trim instead of the white...or maybe the un-minted spearmint. The white is too white.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#319 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:16 AM
I prefer the beige too, I like the simple design.
Top Secret Researcher
#320 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:22 AM
DO you happen to have the lot info for this world? like number of lots types sizes and so forth.

GTA V
Instructor
#321 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbliss
I have a suggestion/request that I thought might go well with the world. Usually, in my towns, I like to add a building where I can put all my old people so they don't clog up available housing for families, and I feel like a sort of "old folks home" or whatever would be lovely in Reyes because it seems like the exact sort of sunny place retirees would love to live. Just throwing it out there incase you're interested!

What a funny concept! I had never thought about doing that before. But it's a pretty good one!

I'm sure a Reyes Retirement Center would be so adorable.

[EDIT] What's even cuter is that this world got you so excited that you came out of lurkdom just to post this! Happy first post! =)

Top Secret Researcher
#322 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:57 AM
Commenting on above ^

It should have a golf course and be in an isolated location on one of the peninsulas to give it a nice secluded feeling. It would also be a good utilization of the apartment options in LN.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#323 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:07 AM
I Completely agree with riptide on the golf course idea!

Top Secret Researcher
#324 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
The beauty of it all is that a golf course is now possible due to the SHT expansion which gives us golf ranges

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#325 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:27 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 20th Mar 2012 at 9:05 AM.
Well, most people seem to be going for the unspearminted house. Guess I'll use that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbliss
I absolutely love this world and cannot wait until it is finished! It's the first custom world I've gotten super excited about, and I love coming back to this thread and seeing new updates

That's actually a good little idea. I'll put it right across from the vineyard that I've put off building for a week or two. Would something kinda like this work? My version of that house would probably not look much like the picture, but would still retain the assisted living/nursing home concept.

http://www.villagernh.com/home.nxg

If that shape isn't used I'll probably build something similar to one of these.

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/...eStyleHouse.jpg

http://www.victorianhomes4u.com/bri...rian_Home_S.jpg ------very buildable

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozfan22/6805213168/

http://www.you-are-here.com/victorian/weller.html

http://data.whicdn.com/images/10294078/stick1_thumb.jpg ----nice shape

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252..._f81e9a76df.jpg

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/28...ags/waxahachie/ --- lots of houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepaws
I vote for the un-spearminted spearmint house re-spearminted! (I loved the first color scheme.) You could have a family there whose names are all mint-related.

Agreed about the barn--so cute!

Though I'm going for the bland color on that house ,I will l try to use the spearmint color on something else .

Quote:
Commenting on above ^

It should have a golf course and be in an isolated location on one of the peninsulas to give it a nice secluded feeling. It would also be a good utilization of the apartment options in LN.

I just don't feel a golf course would suite the terrain style of Reyes too well. Everything's rather uneven. If I was building a placed based around Monterey CA , with it's somewhat level terrain, I would have already added the idea to my list of things to build . There's also a matter of space. Reyes is really beginning to run out of unfinished terrain that isn't involved with some other plan.

Quote:
DO you happen to have the lot info for this world? like number of lots types sizes and so forth.

Reyes currently has about 46 or 47 lots of all sizes. Almost all of the residential lots are on normal lots, 50-50,40-40,30-20,..., while most of the community lots are on off size lots.

The next few days I'm going to be quiet on these forums and try to get that section with the barns done.
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 27

Section jump