Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 729 (Who?), Viewed: 162511 times.
Page 30 of 30
Lab Assistant
#726 Old Yesterday at 9:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
This one's a bit trickier to fix- I think it's partially due to the fact that the water is really just a flat distant terrain object, and that the haze affects it. I tried darkening the object, but it doesn't really have an effect.

I can think of a few ways to fix it, but none are ideal:

- Change the way the distant terrain object is rendered. I have no working knowledge on how this would be possible.
- Create a custom distant terrain. I have no working knowledge on how this.
- Lighten water to match the surroundings, but it creates a lighter shade of water. I don't really like it, but others do (considering the popularity of sky blue water in weather mods). Another problem is that the distant terrain, being affected by the haze, changes color depending on how close you are to it. A 100% match is impossible.
- Darken skies. Haven't tried it yet, but there are certain limits as to how dark the sky can get and remain looking realistic.

Here is an image below. Your opinions?
The water color comes fairly close, but changes depending on your location. Lighter than original. Doesn't match up when you zoom in.

However, during sunsets and sunrises, the color of the water is dramatically different. I could change the colors to match, but you would essentially get orange water.

Maybe the best way is to find some middle ground and explain away the rest as "lore?"

Haha love the last sentence. "Come to Point Ouerbacker, famous for it's orange water!" But yes, I can see how it's tricky. I know Nilxis uses a lot of custom distant terrain, for instance in his latest version of his Greenland world, so maybe confer with him? But if it's a huge bother, then do what's easiest for you. I had hoped it was just a question of tweaking the ini's
Top Secret Researcher
#727 Old Yesterday at 12:18 PM
I'm realy wondering right now.
jje1000=Ouerbaker? or did you take the project over?

I'm interrupted by a phone ring, sometimes I wish I never got that motherfucking thing
Lighthouse on tha hiiill
"Well I can't speak for you but I know I've never smashed my tits between my legs before." ~BL00
Lab Assistant
#728 Old Yesterday at 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo

He was given permission to continue the project
Top Secret Researcher
#729 Old Yesterday at 4:48 PM
Alrighty then.

I'm interrupted by a phone ring, sometimes I wish I never got that motherfucking thing
Lighthouse on tha hiiill
"Well I can't speak for you but I know I've never smashed my tits between my legs before." ~BL00
Scholar
#730 Old Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerwil
Haha love the last sentence. "Come to Point Ouerbacker, famous for it's orange water!" But yes, I can see how it's tricky. I know Nilxis uses a lot of custom distant terrain, for instance in his latest version of his Greenland world, so maybe confer with him? But if it's a huge bother, then do what's easiest for you. I had hoped it was just a question of tweaking the ini's

Nilxis uses a recolor of an EA distant terrain, same as I did. Unforunately, I had to work backwards, and this meant that the distant terrains went were tilted and going underwater. Normally, I would just paint over the portions with the color of water and be done with it, but unfortunately, the University distant terrain repeated its texture, meaning that it was impossible. Hence the need for a screen to hide all of that junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo

I think this earlier post explains it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Yup, the majority of the sculpting and lot building was done by Ouerbacker. I added in a distant terrain and did a whole lot of bugtesting, and also completely redid most of the Community lot interiors + a few new lots here and there. There are some issues like routing (borked by Island Paradise) and the like that are still problematic, and will need to be addressed in the future*.

The way I see it, it was kind of like finding a beautiful old car in a dusty garage, and fixing it up so that it could finally shine

* Which have have fixed now!
Page 30 of 30

Section jump