Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 760 (Who?), Viewed: 169114 times.
Page 31 of 31
Scholar
#751 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:34 PM
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any change. Thanks for the work though!
Instructor
#752 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any change. Thanks for the work though!

That's really quite bothersome...it must be stored someone in the verts, but I have no idea how it is stored in there.

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#753 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 4:59 AM
There is something to complain about the lighthouse, I really don't like how it looks neither the previous version. How can I do some change of it? It is like I cannot do it in game because the lighthouse itself is a decoration in world tool. And if I delete the lighthouse and replace it with some version I had there will be a huge light stuck in the mid air and I cannot move it in games neither. It must be done in CAW, right?

BTW, very impressive with a huge changes of police station interior, looks incredibly amazing.
Scholar
#754 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLTY90
There is something to complain about the lighthouse, I really don't like how it looks neither the previous version. How can I do some change of it? It is like I cannot do it in game because the lighthouse itself is a decoration in world tool. And if I delete the lighthouse and replace it with some version I had there will be a huge light stuck in the mid air and I cannot move it in games neither. It must be done in CAW, right?

BTW, very impressive with a huge changes of police station interior, looks incredibly amazing.

The problem was that the previous lighthouse didn't allow the light effect to shine if the lot unloaded to the low-definition version- which kind of defeats the point of a lighthouse!

IMO the better solution would be to try a custom recolor of the lighthouse to something you'd like instead.
Test Subject
#755 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
The problem was that the previous lighthouse didn't allow the light effect to shine if the lot unloaded to the low-definition version- which kind of defeats the point of a lighthouse!

IMO the better solution would be to try a custom recolor of the lighthouse to something you'd like instead.

The lighthouse itself is a decoration in edit town, there is no way I can recolor or modify it.

Somehow, I try to modify the police station and I have problem with the roof. It seems like I cannot build any types of the roof but "hipped roof" and its like all the roof tools are locked. It doesn't allowed me to change the pattern and the angle of the roof. This happen only with the police station lot, I don't know why.
Scholar
#756 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 3:44 PM
You can alter the lighthouse by importing new textures:

I.e. this one: http://modthesims.info/d/510038

You need to to enter in "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" in the cheat bar to gain access to certain lots.
Test Subject
#757 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote:
You can alter the lighthouse by importing new textures:

I.e. this one: http://modthesims.info/d/510038

You need to to enter in "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" in the cheat bar to gain access to certain lots.

Thanks about the cheat code, you start to make me wonder why you use so many lock codes.
Lab Assistant
#758 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 6:30 PM
Fantastic world. Absolutely amazing for a seaside holiday story and gameplay. Huge congrats on finally getting it done as well
Scholar
#759 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLTY90
Thanks about the cheat code, you start to make me wonder why you use so many lock codes.

They're not locked, this is what happens when you place the Skiplevel or Hiddenroom objects.
Lab Assistant
#760 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote:
They're not locked, this is what happens when you place the Skiplevel or Hiddenroom objects.

Pretty much, same when building apartment buildings, it's just how the game is coded.
Test Subject
#761 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:41 AM Last edited by LLTY90 : 11th Jun 2015 at 5:34 AM.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerwil
Pretty much, same when building apartment buildings, it's just how the game is coded.

Okay, I think I understand how things work now, thanks.
I just try to learn how buildings and lots were created so I can adapt to use the technique on my own CAW project.
Page 31 of 31