Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:11 AM
Default How long do you play?
Just a random question here: When you play sims, how long do you play for?

During the work week I can sneak in a hour or two of sim-playing every few days. During the weekend, I can play for 8-9 hours - however, I press pause and tab out A LOT. For example, today I went out to lunch with a friend. Then later went grocery shopping. Then later ate supper with bf. Took the dogs out for a walk. Etc. In fact, I think Sims is running for pretty much the whole weekend and I just play when I'm not doing anything.

What's typical for you?

Annie
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:21 AM
I like this question!

I usually can play at least 1-4hrs at least 3x a week. Usually its when I dont have to get up early the next day. However, I dont even get to start until late in the evening.. so when 4hrs comes around, and I have accomplished next to nothing in my sims game... I am already too tired and I go to bed. lol

Once in while... maybe 1 weekend day out of a month, or possibly 2 I get to play a straight 8-10hrs.

When there are new expansions I increase my average by at least 2 hrs and possibly 2 straight days out of a month of just constant simmage ;p
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:23 AM
I usually put in about 1-3 Hour(s) every 4 days typically. I can't spend a whole day playing the game, despite being an addictive game, it does get boring and rather dull after a certain period of time.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#4 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:30 AM
It really depends on my mood. When I'mdecorating a house, I tend to make two rooms and leave, because decorating is pretty exhausting. When I'm in simulation mode, I tend to play two sim days, or so.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:37 AM
oh god, i feel ashamed writing this. i play between 6-14 hour sittings. *facedesk* but after each long play, i go to bed, then wake up, do all my housework and then start playing again.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:45 AM
I used to be able to play for ridiculous lengths of time at once, but lately I just play for a couple of hours every few days or so. I've actually found that I enjoy the game more this way. Playing for a long time gets monotonous.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:30 AM
HarVee - I understand what you mean. I take breaks where I don't play for weeks at a time.

Kombucha - haha, don't be embarrassed. I've played for that long maaaaaany times.

Annie
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:43 AM
I have a bad habit of going through long streaks where I'll play for 8 hours at a time, driving toward a goal, then burn myself out and don't touch the game for MONTHS. I just reinstalled Sims 3 and started playing again today--I had a goal I was driving towards, so I played about 3 sim weeks before saving and quitting (although I took a few breaks, one of which to go out for dinner with my folks). I'm starting to regret it, my shoulder's pretty sore from being hunched over my computer.
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 9:24 AM
I've been playing the Sims series for the last 10 years D: So to answer this question in the long-term, I play for anywhere from a couple of days to a few months, and then stop for a few months.

Now, on a day-by-day kind of thing, I don't get to play a lot during the week but I will try to play for an hour or two. On the weekends, I'll play for as long as I can get away with it! Yesterday my game was probably open for 10-12 hours.. Of course, I wasn't at the computer the whole time (as much as I wanted to be). I had to leave to go grocery shopping and socialize with real-life friends in order to keep the relationship score high enough :/

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:06 AM Last edited by clay4kelly : 16th Oct 2011 at 1:16 PM.
I played TS1/TS2 for ridiculous timeframes (like 10 hours a day on weekends) when I was younger. But now that I've grown up, and coincidentally since TS3 came out, I can't play for more than 3 hours once every few weeks. Too many commitments: job + college + friends....Sims is only a treat now
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:01 AM
I can't play the Sims 3 for any length of time before I start missing Sim 1 or 2.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#12 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:30 PM
Everyday, at least 3 hrs. WOW! (realize how many times I've had...)

Hey there! :)
Scholar
#13 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:11 PM
Well, if we are talking about years, I'm playing Sims for ten years now. I used to go crazy with Sims 1, and play for six or more hours, but that's because I was a kid and had nothing to do lol. As with Sims 2, I barely played it, because my PC couldn't handle it, but when I did, I spent ridiculous time in it, since it was such a great change from Sims 1. So I played it for two months or so, taking a few breaks to eat, sleep and tell my parents I was okay LOL before Sims 3 came out and I upgraded my PC.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:46 PM
I play for 6 hours every saturday.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:44 PM
I used to play almost every day, but now I don't play at all during the week- though sometimes I put in a hour or two on Friday. Saturday's my main playing day- about 4 or 5 hours?? Sunday, not so much- sometimes not at all. The thing with sims 3, is that I find it much easier just to switch it off.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 4:18 PM
I used to play every day, but now I only get to play it properly on the weekends. That's usually 1-3 hours on Sat/Sun and a bit on Friday if I'm lucky.
Scholar
#17 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM
my game is on all day long everyday....i pause to eat...sleep...feed dogs/kids/hubby...and a few other things but
thats it....my spare time is spent playing my favorite game!
Theorist
#18 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
oh god, i feel ashamed writing this. i play between 6-14 hour sittings. *facedesk* but after each long play, i go to bed, then wake up, do all my housework and then start playing again.

You are not alone my dear I cannot play for 1 - 2 hours, congratulations if you're one of those people that do that. My play habits depend on my husband's work schedule (he's a Sims player too and plays for roughly 2 hours a session when he can) - if he's on midnight shift, I play from the time he goes to work to the end of his shift.

If my husband is on day shift then my typical day is get up, fire up my game, do my chores and check in between time what's going on in my game and save. I let the game run specially for my legacy game so I don't have to sit thru the tedium of everyday sims life. In my regular game where I am allowed to cheat and change and control simmies lives, I have to pay more attention just in case I need to intervene or kill off an offending sim... well... or break ties with it. I don't play EA canned sims - NPC/townies just mine and they're allowed to be friends to those EA sims but never, ever marry them or bring them into the family in any way shape or form.

If I'm building or decorating, I am definitely sitting down for at least 4 hours if not longer. And the longest I've played sims is 18 hours when hubby had a double shift. Most of the time, I play at least 3 days a week for roughly 8 - 10 hours. The other days, we play MMORPG's like LoTRO, EQ2 and RIFT where we have guilds and other commitments. So to us The Sims is almost like a casual game

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:38 PM
Lisfire, we're kindred spirits! ^_^ lol

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Instructor
#20 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:58 PM
It's going to be fricken' sweet in about a month or so, because for a while I'll have no grown-up responsibilities or life, so that means uninterrupted simming! >:D

..That is, until I burn myself out again, and slowly integrate back into the real world out of boredom. *Sigh*. I guess its for the better.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#21 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM
I play for long hours at a time, like about 6-7 hours, and then I dont play for several weeks. The funny part is that I download tons of CC and find all this neat stuff about the game but I never actually try anything out until weeks later.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:36 PM
Oh well, hard to say...
The thing is, I just got the game pretty recently so I'm still in the "wow-this-game-is-the-best-thing-ever"-phase where I play like everyday. In the very beginning I was playing like ten hours a day, now since a week or so I've been playing like 3-4 hours everyday.
But regarding this decreasing play time, I think I will soon be playing just three days a week or something like that.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 9:25 PM
i honestly can't see why anyone would be ashamed to say they've played for 10+ hrs in a day. since sims 1, no cheats no mods when i played it, due to the fact 10 years ago i was 10 >_>;
I wasn't allowed to play it all the time and my brother said i wasnt allowed to buy the heart bed. I never questioned him when i was a kid haha.
sims 2? it started being 2-4hrs i played a MMORPG so i didnt have time for it, when that came out i was like .. 13? 14? i cant remember. once i turned 17/18 it was cheats and mods gallore.. so it became i had no job and played 10+ hrs a day.
Turned 18 and had a job.. my days off. i do my housework, feed my husband.. and he'd sit and play his call of duty and i played sims for 23hrs a handful of times.

sims3 ive had for 2 weeks and ive already played a record of about 18hrs in one day. and thats pretty normal... >_> ive fallen asleep with the labtop on my lap and me snoring on my couch. having no job ftw thank you american economy for letting me play more sims.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 9:34 PM
As long as I can although when I shut my laptop (often) I can only play for about 30 mins before it doesn't respond :'( Whenever I get bored I read about things you can do on the Sims 3, miss the game, get up in the middle of the night, and start playing again

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 9:57 PM
I tend to have it opened on computer a lot, but I alt tab to do other things or pause to do housework/go out/ ....
Lately I am mostly free, but when I am working then... I cannot get to play a lot, but I still enjoy it :p
Page 1 of 2