Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 1902 times. | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:22 AM
Default No Journal
So yeah, I can't make Journal posts or whatever. Why is this? I don't want to pollute the forums with my personal Sim stuff, but I may have to unless a more appropriate avenue presents itself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:40 AM
You need to have one upload to the site before you can make a journal.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:43 AM
agh
that's problematic.
any particular reason that policy was adopted?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:49 AM
I think the journals were made for creators to talk about upcoming items or problems with uploads or take notes for them self. You could make yourself a Live Journal/Tumblre/Dream Width to show case/talk about sims stuff. Or upload something.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:55 AM
What you say is true, however, an external thing would mean less integration with this site which would probably mean less traffic. I've tried creation, but I kinda doubt it's for me. My computer is really too slow to run Blender and coding gives me a headache. I've tried Career modding, but I eventually ran out of ideas/patience.

EDIT: Wow I sound whiny.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:11 AM
Maybe try building? You can always link to a blog in your siggy. I don't know that peoples journals get that much traffic.

~Call me Jo~
Delphinius The Great
site owner
#7 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:14 AM
Journals where originally created for, well, creators only, and given the multitude of other blogging possibilities for normal users, it's currently not in my plans to do anything more on them. I've been toying with the idea of doing a deeper tumblr integration though.

Tumblr - Yes, I have a blog. :)

<Corsix> Why 'mod the sims 2' when you can mod 'mod the sims 2'?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Site Helper
#8 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 7:05 PM
If you can't upload a lot or a sim, and you don't use tumblr, you could always create your own social group. (Which might get more traffic than a journal anyway.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Closed Thread

Section jump