Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:06 AM
Default Rabbithole Lot type issue
Weird issue, and could not find anything on this. Haven't been able to access the CAW in MONTHS, but that is foxed (TYTYTY!!), thanks to Kinitra's wonderful tips. However, a weird issue has cropped up. I have the world all loaded, and went into the live mode to build on lots. Just to refresh my memory on the world, I was checking out what all of the rabbitholes are, and what was where, as that has a bit to do with how I am placing other things. Well, many of the lots do NOT have the lot names attached any longer. The fire station, for example, states that it is a fire station, but other lots (spa, hospital, stadium, and some others) are simply listed as "market". No idea why. They are listed properly in the main CAW screen (not live mode), but in live mode, they are all reset to market. Worse, I can't even change them to the right type, as the options for those types of lots are not in the drop down menu for changing lot type. They were, to the best of my memory, correct before. Ideas? I want to be sure they are listed as the right type, so they function properly in game. Really hope I don't have to delete all of those, and redo them! Any help most appreciated!
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:23 AM
Did you use lot type "Small/big shop" for those that claim to be markets now? That lot type is meant for making those WA market areas with shops with the registers (book, food, souvenier etc.).

For spa, there is a lot type "spa" in caw. For hospital, stadium, etc. the lot type should be marked "community - visitors allowed".
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 1:42 PM
LadyGreenEyes649, you don't need to delete anything! You can rezone them in EIG or in CAW.

I would personally just mark the rabbithole lots as 'no visitors allowed', unless you specifically have a reasons to want sims to go there to hang out. The reason I do this is because sims will still autonomously visit the lot to use the rabbithole (for work, or to buy groceries etc.,) but instead of seeing a car load of sims turn up at Doo Peas to stand in the car park, those sims will instead go to the parks or clubs- or places that you really want to see other sims! 'No Visitors allowed' just means that non playable sims will not turn up there unless using the rabbithole. If you use 'visitors allowed' then sims will go there just for the heck of it, which is good if you have a grocery store with a picnic area, perhaps.

Armi, I think the 'spa' lot type is one of those archaic ones, that was there from when we couldn't zone lots in-game (except for to define community or residential). If you remember, the lots would auto-zone, so if you put a beach umbrella in a park it would turn into a beach! So I don't think it's necessary to use those to zone the rabbithole lots.

One zone type I do like though is the 'hidden tomb' zoning- that is only available in CAW (not in game). If you zone a lot with that type then it will behave just like a 'no visitors allowed' but with the added advantage that the map tag is not visible either. So the only way to get your sim to that lot is to actually click on the lot and choose 'go here' or 'visit lot'. Non playable sims will just ignore these lots. I like to use them for my subways, as the subway rabbitholes have their own map tags. Using 'Hidden Tomb', when I go to town view I can click on the subway map tag just fine, without the view being cluttered by the lot map tag too. An added bonus is that you cannot edit these lots in-game unless you turn on 'enablelotlocking true', so you can hide lots (such as tomb lots) from players so that they can't peep inside and cheat!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
LadyGreenEyes649, you don't need to delete anything! You can rezone them in EIG or in CAW.

I would personally just mark the rabbithole lots as 'no visitors allowed', unless you specifically have a reasons to want sims to go there to hang out. The reason I do this is because sims will still autonomously visit the lot to use the rabbithole (for work, or to buy groceries etc.,) but instead of seeing a car load of sims turn up at Doo Peas to stand in the car park, those sims will instead go to the parks or clubs- or places that you really want to see other sims! 'No Visitors allowed' just means that non playable sims will not turn up there unless using the rabbithole. If you use 'visitors allowed' then sims will go there just for the heck of it, which is good if you have a grocery store with a picnic area, perhaps.

Armi, I think the 'spa' lot type is one of those archaic ones, that was there from when we couldn't zone lots in-game (except for to define community or residential). If you remember, the lots would auto-zone, so if you put a beach umbrella in a park it would turn into a beach! So I don't think it's necessary to use those to zone the rabbithole lots.

One zone type I do like though is the 'hidden tomb' zoning- that is only available in CAW (not in game). If you zone a lot with that type then it will behave just like a 'no visitors allowed' but with the added advantage that the map tag is not visible either. So the only way to get your sim to that lot is to actually click on the lot and choose 'go here' or 'visit lot'. Non playable sims will just ignore these lots. I like to use them for my subways, as the subway rabbitholes have their own map tags. Using 'Hidden Tomb', when I go to town view I can click on the subway map tag just fine, without the view being cluttered by the lot map tag too. An added bonus is that you cannot edit these lots in-game unless you turn on 'enablelotlocking true', so you can hide lots (such as tomb lots) from players so that they can't peep inside and cheat!

Good to know! The lots used were not, i don't think, the shop type, unless FOR a shop, and even those aren't showing the right names/zoning in CAW. "No visitors allowed" for the rest sounds like a good plan, and hopefully, the rest will work. Thanks for the help! Will remember that subway trick, too! Much appreciated; will be back if I test and things don't work.

Out of curiosity, do you find it simpler to build most of the houses in CAW, or after the world is loaded? That's about all I have left at this stage, and I can't decide how I want to do it.

Thanks a ton!