Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1687 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:27 PM
Default How do I create Slider mods?
I just installed The Sims 3 Pets and now my slider hack don't work, so I'd like at least a link to a tutorial on how to create slider mods because I can't find any THanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:40 PM
"Slider Hack" as in a mod that increases the maximum allowable sliders ?

If you want to create a Core-Mod that does so, and don't know how, you should consult the tutorials regarding Core modding.

Or you could simply use a mod that has been updated for Pets, such as MasterController + Integration, available via the link in my signature.

----

On the other hand, if you meant a mod that creates a brand new slider : Since existing sliders still work properly, I presume the instructions for doing so have not changed. You should consult the Tutorials section for instructions : http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=619

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:36 AM Last edited by loginphp-jw : 20th Oct 2011 at 7:47 AM.
Very nice website in your signature twallan. Are you the admin there? Anyway, I'm sure that link will be very helpful, but can you direct me to a specific thread on that website? Because I'm not sure even what to search for. You said "MasterController + Integration" and I found only one thread on your forum that says "The MasterController - Phase Five (Version 65 - Updated 2011-OCT-19)", is that what you're talking about? What do you mean by "Integration" with the MasterController? Thanks Twallan :gjob

EDIT: Nevermind so far, I think I understand what you're directing me too now. The thread I just mentioned is just the MasterController, but I also found the "MC Integration" and I believe I add those two together right? Just making sure, thanks! oh wait!...Do these slider hacks also work for the pets? Now THAT would be nice.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loginphp-jw
Do these slider hacks also work for the pets? Now THAT would be nice.

Not at the moment. It should be possible to extend MasterController to handle more Pets sliders in the same manner as the human ones though.

However such changes will be considered for the future, when there is time to implement such.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twallan
Not at the moment. It should be possible to extend MasterController to handle more Pets sliders in the same manner as the human ones though.

However such changes will be considered for the future, when there is time to implement such.

Thanks again Twallan I will register an account on your forum and keep myself updated. I've done some software development for Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix before and enjoy making "proof of concepts" (aka "hacks" for those that miss the point of POC heh)for MMORPG's through ASM and Packet Injection, but I know nothing about the Sims 3 engine as I just started messing with it. That being said, I like your forum and this one because it helps me learn about Sims 3

One thing I enjoy is working with ASM and making hacks for offline games that way. With ASM I had one idea in mind, and that is to make a stand alone tool that changes the memory to break the limit of the sliders. I've tested it and Sims 3 is easy to mod with ASM but I'd have to make a separate tool that attaches to the game while it's opened or make a dll injection. I think it's easier your way, using .packages to make the changes instead of hacking into the memory xD I'll keep updated on your forum. I appreciate your help!

Section jump