Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Poodles - Four original pooches with personalities.

by kiwi_tea Posted 24th Oct 2011 at 9:36 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2011 at 6:24 AM by kiwi_tea

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:54 PM
This is really cute, kiwi!

I also found the breeds a bit lacking in this new expansion pack and I'm glad people are expanding on them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:57 PM
Miles better than the default poodles, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:24 PM
Great job-- I've bookmarked to download later, too lazy now. I'd love to see a westie made by you, you're amazing at this.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:37 PM
A few additional images of the dogs that couldn't legally fit in the original post. These show the dogs animated, and in context:

Screenshots

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:59 AM
Beautiful poodles! ♥
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:30 AM
ROFL. Love the idea of poodle as topiary :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:15 AM
Like others I was disappointed by the standard breeds that were shipped with the expansion. It's like they never even *saw* one of these dogs before!

I love your poodles... a vast improvement!!! Now if I could only find a corgi that actually looks like a corgi. Curse EA and their discrimination of short legs! Like poodles, I fear we will never get a decent corgi, basset hound or dachshund out of them, either :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:20 AM
Wow, this looks much better than EA's poodles!

Now, let's hope i can get cuter yorkshire terriers...
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:29 AM
I imagine it won't be too long until we have a custom leg slider for dogs. It bothers me too!

What I really way are custom fur sliders, the options are so limited!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:17 AM
Thank you sooo much for making this they look amazing I was so disappointed by how they looked before but now they are beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to make this and for sharing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:17 PM
I love these pooches! Can't wait until I get my own copy of Pets (might beg my mom to get me one for Halloween) so I can play them, when I saw the large poodles in the Pets Demo I literally facepalmed. Adore yours, and also the little stories you wrote!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:18 PM
silly question but where do i put them? lol

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:27 PM
Awesome! The EA poodles are horrible! I worked on better ones myself (being a poodle crazy person and all), but these are adorable. Thanks!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:45 PM
@carlydunham

They go in the SavedSims folder just like regular Sims, and are found in the premade Sims in Create-a-Sim.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:25 PM
Nice poodles. What is your graphics card? The water is amazing. I can't wait to get Sims 3 Pets. I have already thanked these, as I know I will download them . ROLF Poodle Topiary .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:01 PM
So cute,i love dogs!
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:45 PM
Wow! This is amazing! Well done you! I have not yet bought PETS EP because I downloaded the demo and was massively disappointed by the breeds. I have a Dachshund at home and I can't believe how badly EA have designed the game!!! Why didn't they add sliders for body length and leg length? This would have allowed breeds like Corgis and Dachshunds to be made easily!!!

[COLOR=DarkRed]When there's no more room in Hell... the dead shall walk the Earth.[/COLOR]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:06 PM
These look BRILLIANT! Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:14 PM
Great job! But I think you should add 'Pets' to the expansion requirements
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 6:25 AM
Thanks for the reminder aidagarcia, when I uploaded them there didn't appear to be a checkbox for 'Pets' yet. There is now.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:11 AM
I really love poodles. This is way more gorgeous version than the EA's original . Thank you very much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th May 2012 at 1:51 PM
Awww cute! reminds me of our standard, I'm downloading!