Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:51 AM
Default PLastic surgery at local hospital
Maybe I'm late to found this thing about. but anyone here tried the plastic surgery at the local hospital? I just have saw this today while playing. I don't know which EP added this. since I got all.

[/IMG]

Any opinion 'bout this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:07 AM
It came with Pets and its kinda cool think of it this way if your kid comes out fugly and grows up and wants a new face or body you can send them to the hospital to get plastic surgery.

Here is an excert from a pets guide online to give you an idea:

Plastic Surgery is a new type of option available to Sims with this expansion. If you have some spare money and don’t mind the occasional surgeon mess up, then go right ahead to the Hospital and get it done! :P

This function serves as an Edit in CAS type, however only for the Face & Body Sliders. Nothing very drastic can be done when you are directed into CAS to make your own changes. Usually the surgery goes well and your Sim comes out happy

found at http://simsvip.com/?page_id=2101
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:32 AM
ooowww. this is interesting. thnak you for the link. hahaha. I wonder if the surgeon can solicit job to make plastic surgery for other sims. (to eradicate bad looking sim) xD
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:48 PM
Does anyone know if the changes are genetic, as per Sims 3 hairdye style, or if they act like the plastic surgery machine in the Sims 2, where the sim's appearance will change, but their genetics will still pass the fug down to their kids.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 1:23 PM
I have not yet tried it yet. and my sim have no ideas of having children yet. but I hope someone will post if the surgery alters the genes
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:48 AM
My oldest sim-child recently had plastic surgery...sadly, her first attempt wasn't great since she "snuck" out in the middle of the night with a measley 900 bucks and got it done on the sly. LOL Her face came out all smooshed in the middle....kinda resembled Paris Hilton. Teehee. Anyway, her parents took pity and sold the family car in order to pay for the reconstruction. Thankfully it worked. She's the "picture of perfection" according to her doctor. I love this new option since we all know that the Fugly curse is quite rampant in Sim-ville.

She recently aged to YA and got married, so I should know tomorrow night if her child comes out with her previous honker or the beautifully sculpted new nose.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:42 AM
I sent my female Sim to have plastic surgery at the local hospital after installing Sims 3 Pets. I chose the expensive option and the only modifications I could make were the ones for muscles, weight, muscle tone and breast size. This was nothing new because I could make the same modifications for free using the testingcheatsneabled true cheat. LAME! I don't know what the cheap options do but this new feature is nothing special.

I wish they would go ahead and make a business and an apartment expansion...that would be more interesting.

Something that was pretty interesting though is that I was able to use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to age the Grim Reaper. He turned into a child the first time and the 2nd time he turned into a guy that resembled John Quincy Adams (wardrobe and all) lol. He was still black like the original Grim though. Now every time the Grim Reaper shows up he looks like John Quincy Adams. Hilarious!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
My oldest sim-child recently had plastic surgery...sadly, her first attempt wasn't great since she "snuck" out in the middle of the night with a measley 900 bucks and got it done on the sly. LOL Her face came out all smooshed in the middle....kinda resembled Paris Hilton. Teehee. Anyway, her parents took pity and sold the family car in order to pay for the reconstruction. Thankfully it worked. She's the "picture of perfection" according to her doctor. I love this new option since we all know that the Fugly curse is quite rampant in Sim-ville.

She recently aged to YA and got married, so I should know tomorrow night if her child comes out with her previous honker or the beautifully sculpted new nose.

What did the child look like? Is the baby aged up already?
Inventor
#9 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:57 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 4th Nov 2011 at 6:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by awarren30650
I sent my female Sim to have plastic surgery at the local hospital after installing Sims 3 Pets. I chose the expensive option and the only modifications I could make were the ones for muscles, weight, muscle tone and breast size. This was nothing new because I could make the same modifications for free using the testingcheatsneabled true cheat. LAME! I don't know what the cheap options do but this new feature is nothing special.

I wish they would go ahead and make a business and an apartment expansion...that would be more interesting.

Something that was pretty interesting though is that I was able to use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to age the Grim Reaper. He turned into a child the first time and the 2nd time he turned into a guy that resembled John Quincy Adams (wardrobe and all) lol. He was still black like the original Grim though. Now every time the Grim Reaper shows up he looks like John Quincy Adams. Hilarious!

They did. It's called Ambitions and Late Night. I'm not saying either one of those expansions did it perfectly, but I doubt EA is going to make new expansions devoted to either businesses or apartments solely as they were covered in both of those EP's (sort of). Just sayin'.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
What did the child look like? Is the baby aged up already?

Her child looked a little off until she aged up to a teen. Once that happened she was quite lovely! Sadly, there was a glitch with my game and I lost them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
Her child looked a little off until she aged up to a teen. Once that happened she was quite lovely! Sadly, there was a glitch with my game and I lost them.

wHICH means, the surgery alters sims' DNA? sorry for the lost. I haven't tried it yet.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
wHICH means, the surgery alters sims' DNA? sorry for the lost. I haven't tried it yet.

It didn't look exactly like her mothers after surgery nose, but it didnt look like the before nose either. So, Im not entirely sure. It could be from the fathers side of the family, but since I had the mom shag him, move him in and take his money before he died suspiciously I don't really recall what he looked like. LoL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:54 AM
hahaha... ok. i'll see it myself then...

I think it is fun if you post before and after surgery of your sim. haha.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:19 PM
I haven't been brave enough to try this yet! :o
Is Claeric
#15 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:51 PM
This is so cool!!! I always need things to spend money on. A makeover is a good one. Especially one for each kid so they can look how I want.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM
I tried this yesterday, but some of my sliders werent(default and custom) working! I guess slider hacks don't work there?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desco
I tried this yesterday, but some of my sliders werent(default and custom) working! I guess slider hacks don't work there?

Only limited sliders are available for plastic surgery
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:22 PM
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:13 AM
This thread has screenshots, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:07 AM
After I done some reading about sims 3 genetics. I think, Plastic surgery would alter the genetics. But I'm not quite sure about it.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 7:27 PM
I did an experiment using two hideous sims (maxed-out awesomemodded sliders). I gave them plastic surgery to make them look decent and the baby turned out decent. So yes, plastic surgery is in fact genetic.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
They did. It's called Ambitions and Late Night. I'm not saying either one of those expansions did it perfectly, but I doubt EA is going to make new expansions devoted to either businesses or apartments solely as they were covered in both of those EP's (sort of). Just sayin'.

I thought the same thing, but then Showtime was announced. If they can revisit the fame/celebrity theme, why not businesses and apartment systems?
Locked thread