Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Investable Fire Station, Salon, Junkyards, Small Parks, Pet Store & Misc Lots (Updated for Into the Future/1.63)

by gesimz Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:07 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 1:14 PM by gesimz : Added 4th .package for Arboretum

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:38 AM
I will love you forever.

My business power-obsessed CEO Sim sends his regards.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:23 PM
I'm not sure it wise to say that people with the non-limited edition can't use this mod. You defeniately need to make a mod that doesn't require the limited edition.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:55 PM Last edited by gesimz : 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JohnBigOz
I'm not sure it wise to say that people with the non-limited edition can't use this mod. You defeniately need to make a mod that doesn't require the limited edition.

Explains the low download amount probably, although, you don't actually need the Pet Store for it to work, the code just enables you to purchase the Pet Store if you've got it. But, I have, to avoid any further confusion, uploaded a version that removes the Pet Store code for those that don't have Pets and only want the ability to Purchase Ambitions Fire Stations, Salons, Junkyards and/or Small Parks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:58 AM
Love it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:04 PM
Combo School/Stadium can now be invested into as well in Apaloosa Plains (Pets Expansion) if you download the optional extra .package attached!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 3:56 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:22 AM.
Thanks for this gesimz. I have been using it for a while now and noticed something odd, that may or may not be related to this mod, but I thought I'd better ask. It's to do with the junkyard spawners. During a session they will spawn collectable/fixable junk as normal. But after rebooting the computer and starting a new session of the game, all the junk is converted into normal, intact furnishings which the sims cannot collect. Whether the junkyard is owned by one of my sims or remains property of the town, the junkyard eventually fills up with normal furnishing after a few sessions which I have to use cheats to get rid of. So now I just get rid of the spawners to prevent the unwanted hassle. Has anyone else noticed this? The spawners were fine at first. It might be that the spawners are working perfectly fine, but "buyable community property" does not recognize junk as part of the lot's furnishing elements so instantly fixes broken stuff during game reload. Perhaps that is why EA never set the junkyards as buyable property. Just a guess.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks for this gesimz. I have been using it for a while now and noticed something odd, that may or may not be related to this mod, but I thought I'd better ask. It's to do with the junkyard spawners. During a session they will spawn collectable/fixable junk as normal. But after rebooting the computer and starting a new session of the game, all the junk is converted into normal, intact furnishings which the sims cannot collect. Whether the junkyard is owned by one of my sims or remains property of the town, the junkyard eventually fills up with normal furnishing after a few sessions which I have to use cheats to get rid of. So now I just get rid of the spawners to prevent the unwanted hassle. Has anyone else noticed this? The spawners were fine at first. It might be that the spawners are working perfectly fine, but "buyable community property" does not recognize junk as part of the lot's furnishing elements so instantly fixes broken stuff during game reload. Perhaps that is why EA never set the junkyards as buyable property. Just a guess.

Odd... When I next boot up my game, i'll look into the issue and see if the same issue occurs in my game.
Smeg Head
#9 Old 20th May 2012 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
Odd... When I next boot up my game, i'll look into the issue and see if the same issue occurs in my game.

Hello again. I can say the junk issue seems to have nothing to do with your mod. I played a test hood without it and the junk still converted into intact furnishing during the start of a new session. Can't think what else is causing it, all the mods I use are popular ones, and no-one else has reported the junk conversion thing. Ah, well... I'm going to stop talking junk now. All the best, gesimz.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2012 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hello again. I can say the junk issue seems to have nothing to do with your mod. I played a test hood without it and the junk still converted into intact furnishing during the start of a new session. Can't think what else is causing it, all the mods I use are popular ones, and no-one else has reported the junk conversion thing. Ah, well... I'm going to stop talking junk now. All the best, gesimz.

Thanks for the follow up. Perhaps it's an idea for someone to attempt to fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:43 PM
I have been looking everywhere for a mod like this.
I love you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 2:30 PM
is there any chance you could add a mod that will allow investing/buying the city hall, police department, military, schools, and subways?? I'm playing a "nothing is free" challenge, building a town, and it would be VERY helpful to be able to do that. there is one http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=433202 there that does it, but it doesn't seem to work for any of the buildings released after late night. It allows a mausoleum buy too, which seems silly since you can already buy graveyards and upgrade them..

My Sims 3 Profile (IllusoryThrall) - My Sims 3 Blogsite
"Spectres of the Past" - a Nothing is Free/Apocalypse (modified) Challenge
"Castaway Shores" - a Nothing is Free Challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wyldhawke
is there any chance you could add a mod that will allow investing/buying the city hall, police department, military, schools, and subways?? I'm playing a "nothing is free" challenge, building a town, and it would be VERY helpful to be able to do that. there is one http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=433202 there that does it, but it doesn't seem to work for any of the buildings released after late night. It allows a mausoleum buy too, which seems silly since you can already buy graveyards and upgrade them..

The mod you linked to still works fine for me. Every single rabbithole except for the School/Stadium in Appaloosa Plains I can invest into. That sole one you can't, I have a file in this thread to deal with that.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 9:42 PM
I've been using this mod for ages and I've noticed a...quirk...that I'm not sure anything can be done about but I'm asking anyways. If you've got a rabbithole on an investable lot, you can't invest in the lot as a whole - only the rabbithole. Easiest example to give right now is the Library in Moonlight Falls that has the Arboretum on it. If I've got the new file to allow investing in the Arboretum, the library lot doesn't show up on the list of investable properties and there's no option to purchase the property when clicking the library map tag or the library itself.

It's actually the same for any lot that has a rabbithole on it. You can invest only in the rabbithole, not the lot as a whole - the only way to invest in a whole lot is to remove the rabbithole.

So question: is it possible to make it so that any lot type NOT set to Visitors Allowed/No Visitors Allowed can be invested in even if there's a rabbithole on it? Even if you have to invest in both the lot and the rabbithole to get everything?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunyKimberly
I've been using this mod for ages and I've noticed a...quirk...that I'm not sure anything can be done about but I'm asking anyways. If you've got a rabbithole on an investable lot, you can't invest in the lot as a whole - only the rabbithole. Easiest example to give right now is the Library in Moonlight Falls that has the Arboretum on it. If I've got the new file to allow investing in the Arboretum, the library lot doesn't show up on the list of investable properties and there's no option to purchase the property when clicking the library map tag or the library itself.

It's actually the same for any lot that has a rabbithole on it. You can invest only in the rabbithole, not the lot as a whole - the only way to invest in a whole lot is to remove the rabbithole.

So question: is it possible to make it so that any lot type NOT set to Visitors Allowed/No Visitors Allowed can be invested in even if there's a rabbithole on it? Even if you have to invest in both the lot and the rabbithole to get everything?

Testing it out, I see what you mean about the quirk. If you have an investable non-rabbithole building AND a rabbithole building on the same lot (like the example you've given with the Library and the VAULT in Moonlight Falls) that isn't set Vistors/No Visitors Allowed, you CANNOT invest into the investable lot (in this case, the library) nor does a map tag appear for the rabbit hole you CAN invest into (although the Vault doesn't have a map tag of its own, even when put on a lot on its own) and the library can only be invested into to, as you say, when the Vault is deleted off the lot. I also put one of those small rabbitholes from Lunar Lakes (store world) on top of the flat root of the Ambitions consignment store and the same result occured, the consignment store could NOT be invested into and the rabbithole had to be clicked on to get the option to invest in it because the map tag doesn't appear.

Based on the testing, I can confirm that you have definitely a noticed quirk with the game where you can't have an investable and enterable community building and a rabbithole on the same lot, but this is NOT related to this tuning mod (as the same issues occur even without the mod) given that all this mod really does is add a few lines of additional code to get the game to recognize additional lots as investable. Rather, it's an actual problem with EAs script that governs purchasing community lots and rabbitholes.
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:51 PM
Default Mod is great but doesn't come up in mts search engine
I was searching for this mod under Investable, Buyable, Salon, Fire Station and it never came up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:38 AM
Thanks for giving us a status, gesimz. I'll check back periodically for an update after the IP EP. I appreciate knowing that it's on the table.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM
So will this not work at all until you update it?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mukora

I just spent four hours tracking down the cc that was making it impossible for me to play my recently installed Island Paradise expansion, specifically in regard to resorts. I was having an issue with the game thinking I was in town edit mode when I wasn't. Every time I tried to upgrade a resort, a message would appear stating that because I'd entered town edit mode, my resort had been sold!

At first I thought the error had to do with the NRaas suite of mods (sorry, Twallan!). I found them not to be the culprit. So I continued using the 50/50 method of tracking down the offending cc. I have a LOT of cc....

I confirmed that it was indeed this mod that was causing my issues. So I would not use it until it is updated. Apparently, EA changed some important pieces of its code for IP.

It's a wonderful mod, and I hope Gesimz does update it...I've been playing with it for a long time, and hate to see it go, but darn, I want a working resort.

"Curiouser and curiouser! cried Alice...Now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!..." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Stop by my Facebook page or visit my website, kithri's curious kreations, for more unexpected Sims 2 and 3 things. Remember to click Like. ^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 3:37 PM
How is this mod running for people who don't have IP yet? I think this mod may be causing some crashing issues for me as well and I don't have IP.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:27 PM Last edited by gesimz : 18th Aug 2013 at 3:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mukora

Quote: Originally posted by kithri
I just spent four hours tracking down the cc that was making it impossible for me to play my recently installed Island Paradise expansion, specifically in regard to resorts. I was having an issue with the game thinking I was in town edit mode when I wasn't. Every time I tried to upgrade a resort, a message would appear stating that because I'd entered town edit mode, my resort had been sold!

At first I thought the error had to do with the NRaas suite of mods (sorry, Twallan!). I found them not to be the culprit. So I continued using the 50/50 method of tracking down the offending cc. I have a LOT of cc....

I confirmed that it was indeed this mod that was causing my issues. So I would not use it until it is updated. Apparently, EA changed some important pieces of its code for IP.

It's a wonderful mod, and I hope Gesimz does update it...I've been playing with it for a long time, and hate to see it go, but darn, I want a working resort.

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
How is this mod running for people who don't have IP yet? I think this mod may be causing some crashing issues for me as well and I don't have IP.

Re-download the main mod. It should now work with Resorts in Island Paradise.
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:53 PM
Default buyable arboretum no longer downloadable
I can't download the arboretum mod here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:53 PM Last edited by gesimz : 19th Oct 2013 at 1:42 PM.
UPDATE 19/10/13 - Both versions of the main mod have been updated for Into The Future/Patch 1.63 which should allow the following 10 venues:

INTO THE FUTURE (EP11)

Bot Emporium
Cafeteria
Gallery Shop
Recreation Park
Future Bar

UNIVERSITY LIFE (EP9)

Rebel Hangout
University Hangout
Nerd Shop
Arcade
Coffee Shop

to be purchasable and owned by active Sims. No update is required for the extra mods that make the Combo School/Stadium in Appaloosa Plains and the Arboreturm in Moonlight Falls investable.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:32 PM
Thanks for the updates Gesimz!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:02 AM
Thanks - Been wanting something like this.
Page 1 of 2