Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 10509 times. | Locked by: leesester Reason: see last post
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:08 PM
Default Future of the Extended Game Core
Some of you still remember December 2009, when I first introduced the so far unknown core mod ďExtended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behaviorĒ. Since then it steadily grew in complexity and in November 2010 it finally became too large to maintain in only my free time. I tried to find ways around this problem, but all failed. For example I invited further programmers to the project. The opposite happened: BaXiM, who cared for the more adult features, left the scene in early 2011. I reduced the download bundle by not necessary components (single feature tuners and documentation) in order to gain more time for coding. As configuring the core became too complicated for people, who are totally new to game modifications, I stored the discussion thread about EGC in a section, which mostly experienced users visit (Creator Feedback). The MTS moderators did not like this and wanted me to burry EGC somewhere nobody would find the software (any Social Group) or put it into the raw-recruits-zone (Downloads) where it presumably would cause more confusion than benefit. I explained them why I could not agree to any of these options, but they closed the thread anyway. This rude treatment will of course result in removing all my creations from this site, including the still compatible ones. But this is not the end of the world, as I enjoy total freedom on my funpic account (you should bookmark it, if you havenít already), plus there are several other sims 3 modding sites online where we can open discussion threads.
The main issue is not the distribution of and feedback on EGC, itís the creation of the software itself. My life is approaching a junction: In a few months Iíll finally graduate university. Basically I will gain the freedom to work fulltime on this mod then. But, as Iím not a rich inheritor, I have to do earn a sufficient amount of money by the work I do. Therefore I have to ask you how much you would donate to keep the EGC project alive. Answer the question via this poll. Keep following points in mind:
1. Fulltime modding would greatly increase the number of features and my first task would be creating an in-game configuration.
2. Ä (Euro) is the currency unit of the European Union (except Sweden, Denmark and Great Britain). Consider the exchange rate with your local currency.
3. Taking another employment might reduce the EGC-related service quality compared with the current.
4. Please give honest answers and only one per person.
5. Make sure, youíre eligible to make transactions (minimum age in most countries 18 years) or your parents support your intention, before voting.
6. I would currently prefer modding over other jobs, therefore you donít have to outbid the other options I have as physicist.

Yours sincerely AD85.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:21 PM
You're ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:22 PM
The opposite happened: BaXiM, who cared for the more adult features, left the scene in early 2011.

Damn.. i suspected this..

my first task would be creating an in-game configuration.

like in twallans mods?

I cant answer the poll atm as im in a rather unpleasant financial situation and dont know what the future holds for me.
I however have a question: will u return the same sex pregnancy in the way it worked? I know it was baxim's part, but as he resigned now..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibce
like in twallans mods?
Probably even better. If I make it, you can also access the configuration from the main menu, i.e. before entering any household.

Quote:
I cant answer the poll atm as im in a rather unpleasant financial situation and dont know what the future holds for me.
This reminds me of following: Iíve planned to leave the software free for download as before. But the donations will decide on, how fast the further development will be. Keep in mind that my maximum effort will be 40h/week, paying more than this is useless.

Quote:
I however have a question: will u return the same sex pregnancy in the way it worked? I know it was baxim's part, but as he resigned now..
Sure, but not before the in-game configuration, which might be a huge bunch of work.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:58 PM
Pssh. Get AwesomeMod: Accept no Kewian-based substitutes! We promise an absolute lack of souping and personal-life-related drama interfering with development. Because the undead always pay their bills in full. And paysites must be destroyed!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:04 PM
I haven't yet understood why people would pay real money for user made game content.
Slow is my MO
staff: administrator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:06 PM
AD85, MTS is not the place for you to conduct a user survey on whether or not you can gather enough donations to support your modding activities.

If you would like to discuss with us in Creator Issues why a non-approved download can not be allowed in Creator Feedback then you are welcome to do so.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Closed Thread

Section jump