Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less or No Laundry on the Floor

by gesimz Posted 4th Nov 2011 at 11:19 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 1:39 PM by gesimz : Confirm 1.38 Compatibility

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:17 PM Last edited by haricots : 7th Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM.
Simply great!!! So I can expect less laundry task. Wonder if someone make a mod like this for Real Life?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Simply great!!! So I can expect less laundry task.

Indeed you can. The amount of laundry that appears on the floor in a single day, will vary depending on how many Sims you've got on your residential lot. If you opt for the 50% version of the mod and have 8 Sims on your residential lot, and all 8 Sims do a workout at home, make a potion, crush fruit in the Nectar maker or perform any task that involves changing of clothes within a 24 hour period (1 day), then you'll have a maximum of 8 piles of laundry appear on the floor rather than the default that would normally appear in 16. The figure would go up by an extra pile for any Sim that has the Slob trait, so if all Sims on this lot were also slobs, you'd have 16 piles of laundry for washing instead of 32, 2 for the price of 1!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:55 PM
Wow, thanks. I had dubbed Generations as the Moar Laundry EP because of the laundry piles constantly appearing from using the chemistry set and kids changing to joy ride on couches and preside over court on chairs. It was driving me nuts.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:47 PM
This is great! I really hope that it works for my game. Thank you so much for making these:-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:10 PM
This is a great idea. To combat this I've been putting a laundry hamper in every single room. Pain the butt I tell you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 10:07 AM
This is great! The laundry piles annoyed me so much I stopped putting washing machines in homes (piles don't spawn without laundry machines). When I looked into another home, I was horrified to learn that even townies spawn dirty-laundry piles so I had to remove all of those as well and avoid the laundry-room interior decorator job. Thanks for giving washing machines back to my game, without the hassle of actually having to do laundry. I barely do my laundry in real life, I really don't want to do it in a game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:08 AM
Thanks. I've been waiting for a mod like this for some time. I don't mind doing a little laundry, but Sims are apparently unable to simply change back into their initial outfit rather than spawning an identical new one.

Seriously, Generations ended up adding to many dirty-laundry piles it was driving me absolutely nuts. Save for a complete clean freak, who changes into new clothes that much throughout one day? Even our house of two produces less laundry than one Sim...
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:18 AM
Sounds very helpful. Yet another EA venture into repetative silliness vanquished. I tell you, if EA sell six million expansion packs, they think that's six million happy ten year olds playing the game. Just a quick couple of questions. Does this effect the same file as the hamper capacity? I've been using a mod to increase the amount they hold to help combat this same annoyance. And if a hamper is in the room, will it still fill with spent clothing, or is the clothing obliterated completey? I should really test myself, but what with having a good clear out of mods for the latest patch leaving my head spinning, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:19 PM Last edited by gesimz : 5th Nov 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Does this effect the same file as the hamper capacity?

This mod should not conflict with any increased hamper capacity mod. For example, the increased hamper capacity mod hosted here, alters the Hamper XML file, while this mod, edits the LaundryManager XML, they're two different files, so they don't conflict.

Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
If a hamper is in the room, will it still fill with spent clothing, or is the clothing obliterated completey?

Generated 16 items of clothing in a 24 hour period with 8 slob Sims, so i'll I'll confirm now.

EDIT: Confirmed. If you are using the 50% reduction version of this mod and if a hamper is in the same room, it does fill with spent clothing still. In my test, I used the increase to 15 capacity version of the hamper mod and found it to fit that amount before you couldn't drag excess piles from the floor into the hamper. If you're using the no laundry piles EVER version, then it obviously obliterates laundry entirely, making the washing machine and hamper essentially, showpieces, but still retaining their functionality if you placed dirty clothes from buydebug.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I fancy the 50% reduction version. A healthy balacne between keeping the functionality of the washing machines and accutrements, while vastly reducing the spent clothing insanity. Cheers gesimz.
Sim Princess in Pink
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:59 PM
This is brilliant! I have one question though, would it be compatible if you don't have Ambitions but have TheSims3.com Store Laundry set?

EDIT - Oh hang on, I should try reading the whole post first, sorry not feeling too well today and not with it haha. Thanks again .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:37 PM
Oh that goodness! I was getting tired of seeing my sim guy throwing his dirty laundry on the floor and hamper back and forth. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:19 PM
Thank you so much! i like the idea of doing laundry, but not THAT much laundry!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:59 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 7:21 AM
Thanks! this is great!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:10 AM
My butler never picks up dirty clothes... :/
Thank you so much =D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:21 PM
Thanks for the update info!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th May 2012 at 3:30 PM
I don't know if u know (probably you do) but if you don't buy a dryer or washer you don't get any laundry whatso-ever, so I don't see the point of the no laundry mod(or am I missing something ?)
The fewer laundry seems cool though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GiovanniNys
I don't know if u know (probably you do) but if you don't buy a dryer or washer you don't get any laundry whatso-ever, so I don't see the point of the no laundry mod(or am I missing something ?)

Laundry only spawns if you purchase a washing machine. But an issue arises if you are changing clothes constantly in a single 24 hour period where piles of laundry will continually spawn. The no laundry mod is useful for those that have their Sims perform activities where a Sims spins into another outfit on many occasions and has a washing machine on their lot, in a single 24 hour period and I mentioned specific examples in the description of laundry excessively spawning when making nectar and making nectar on multiple occasions in a single 24 hour period.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:54 AM
OMG.... I am so sick of the laundry in the game xD My butler refuses to clean it up, so I am always having to use the "clean all" command from Master Controller to keep it from getting out of hand. Thanks!

~Leviathan
-------------------------
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM
Oh man, I need this. For the first time EVER I used a lot that happened to have a washing machine on it. Was having one of my Sims try to discover potions - had laundry spawning all around him and I had no idea why. It's not like he's a Slob (he's only a child), so I couldn't figure it out.

Didn't realize MC could delete the laundry, but you can't delete it in Buy mode. Going to use this mod - that way I won't have to bother with it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:25 PM
Great mod! Got sick and tired of having my sim pick up the laundry off the floor if she changed in a room without a hamper.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thank you so much for this, I hate how many piles there were to clean up at the end of every night simple because my sims changed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 5:21 PM
Is this compatible with patch 1.57?
Page 1 of 2