Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Nectar Making and/or More Bottles

by gesimz Posted 8th Nov 2011 at 7:20 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 1:40 PM by gesimz : Updated for Seasons/1.42 Patch

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:12 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 3:57 PM
oh, my nectar makers will LOVE this. thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:41 PM
Yes, this is just what I have needed. I always thought they took too long on those silly machines and for all that work so little nectar.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 5:06 PM
I know someone who does home wines and ales - and it's not the fiddling, it's how long the stuff has to sit doing it's fermentation trick that takes the time. So it's always bothered me that it takes so long to turn a knob on a machine when all you really had to do was dump it all in and walk away.... (ok, there's SOME fiddling involved, but not as much as the big machine would have it)

So I guess I'd like the only combination I don't see up there... Faster Button pressing with More bottles. I'll leave the running time alone for realism.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:10 PM
That's really great! This really makes my nectarists's job really much more effective!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 8:21 PM Last edited by gesimz : 8th Nov 2011 at 11:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I'd like the only combination I don't see up there... Faster Button pressing with More bottles

I'll have it up shortly.

EDIT 2: Uploaded and now available for download!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:47 AM
Wow, that was fast! Thank you, I thought I'd just have to make do. ^_^
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:55 PM
Wow this is great, but there are so many to choose from and my eyes were hurting me from reading to much and I'm lazy so which one is the fastest of all like I want the one that will give me everything the fastest and most so which file name is that?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 4:20 PM
This is a great mod! I've always wondered what they were doing that took them so long lol.
Does anyone know if it conflicts with awesomemod yet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:02 PM Last edited by gesimz : 9th Nov 2011 at 9:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Y2kRobie
Wow this is great, but there are so many to choose from and my eyes were hurting me from reading to much and I'm lazy so which one is the fastest of all like I want the one that will give me everything the fastest and most so which file name is that?

The x10 version with the most downloads to its name (i.e. FasterNectarSquish+PushButton+RunTime+MoreBottles(x10)) is the one you're after (if you haven't discovered so already).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:55 PM Last edited by gesimz : 16th Nov 2011 at 5:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kirasan
Does anyone know if it conflicts with awesomemod yet?

I'm not 100% sure myself as I don't have Awesomemod installed into my game but I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem considering this isn't a core mod and it's not one that I think's going to conflict with the XMLs pre-packaged in Awesomemod such as the ones that affect Careers, Socializing, Traits and so forth. But i'd wait for confirmation from someone that may have downloaded and installed this mod and also has Awesomemod installed in their game, just to be safe.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:44 AM
I can't get this mod to work, I have all the packs i am up to date it just will not work. I even took all the mods out and just had this one and it still did not work. What am I doing wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:47 AM Last edited by gesimz : 10th Nov 2011 at 7:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by timberhawk777
I can't get this mod to work, I have all the packs i am up to date it just will not work. I even took all the mods out and just had this one and it still did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Are you only using one .package file for this mod?

Also, tell me which version of the mod you've downloaded so we can diagnose the problem from there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:19 PM
yes I am only using one package mod for this mod, am I suppose to use two? and I'm using gesimzMoreNectarBottles(x10).rar
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timberhawk777
yes I am only using one package mod for this mod, am I suppose to use two? and I'm using gesimzMoreNectarBottles(x10).rar

Testing the file in my game now.

EDIT: The mod works fine as intended in my game. All running times remain at EA defaults, you just get around 30 bottles or so, rather than the 3 bottles you'd normally get by the default.

Is your mods/packages folder set up correctly to run .package files?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:53 PM
I think it's me because some mods work and some do not, it's just stinks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:24 PM
Nothing seems to work other mods do but not this one, I like the mods you make just wish this one worked
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:43 PM
It's really strange, because it definitely works as intended. If there was a more widespread issue, more people would've reported a problem. Did you ever end up getting the Gardener NPC to work in your game?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:51 PM
no I did'nt and I do not understand all the other mods work but just these few
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 5:37 PM
could this be the problem the version on the sims launcher is 10.0.96.013001 to why I can't get this to work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:06 PM
ok i just got the new patch and it still will not work. for the life of me I don't understand, I have taken all the mods out except for your mods and they will not show up. I would love to use the mods you have made
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:35 PM
Things seemingly have largely remained the same for patch 1.29 in terms of game mods outside of core mods, so whatever the issue is in your game, it's likely to have carried over. Have you tried deleting your cache files?

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:34 PM
I have and sadly it didn't work. Would this have something to do with it, ver 10.0.96.014001 thats the ver that comes up on the launcher.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:47 PM
The game launcher version for my fully patched game is 10.0.96.014017 , somewhat different to the launcher version for your game.
Page 1 of 3