Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:48 PM
Default Possibly found solution for OFB face change
So I think most of us are aware of the problem where the sims face changes after you set a uniform for them on a business lot. Well I may or may not have stumbled across a fix..

I was playing the Landgraab electronics store. He recently hired a manager. I set the managers uniform which of course changed his face(he actually looked better lol) I noticed he didn't have eyebrows. I wanted to fix this so I clicked the sim and chose Gussy Up(I have this mod.) So when I gave him new eyebrows he instantly changed into his original clothes. So then I clicked Management...Set Uniform. He changed into his uniform and kept his original face...

I don't want to get too excited because I'm not sure if this actually fixed things or not but so far so good. I haven't tried the non-playable associates yet, though. I'm about to try it out on them and just use InSim to make them selectable.

Any thoughts?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:52 PM
from the link, which one should we download? the first or second? and what does this mod exactly do?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:57 PM
You download the second one and it allows you to change the clothes, face, give plastic surgery etc to ANY sim without having to go through the process of making them selectable and such. You just click on them and the screen pops up to change their hairstyle and select clothes depending on which option you choose from the pie menu.

Okay so I just tried it on a non-playable associate using InSim to make them selectable and it worked again...

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
Simblr
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:43 AM
Im going by memory for this, but I remember when my self sim & my selfsims's bf ran a business, my self sim had a uniform for work. They went almost every sim day and I noticed the face will change on some days, and on some days its normal (I hold my breathe everytime wishing it was normal). I really don't why its so random, I thought I had a theory it was only for having 2 employees/uniform of the same age group, but recently saw it happen, throwing my theory out.

Have you tried this on one day? Do you mind if you keep track on if it stays like that continuously? I will download it later and try it out too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Im going by memory for this, but I remember when my self sim & my selfsims's bf ran a business, my self sim had a uniform for work. They went almost every sim day and I noticed the face will change on some days, and on some days its normal (I hold my breathe everytime wishing it was normal). I really don't why its so random, I thought I had a theory it was only for having 2 employees/uniform of the same age group, but recently saw it happen, throwing my theory out.

Have you tried this on one day? Do you mind if you keep track on if it stays like that continuously? I will download it later and try it out too.

I don't mind trying it out. I'll have to try again probably tomorrow since I've been simming now for about 3 hours lol

I'm sort of holding my breath on this theory as well because I have only tried this out with these three associates. I'm going to try it on different locations and on multiple days.

-----
Check out my journal.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:15 PM
Interesting. Please keep us posted. It'd be nice if there was finally a fix!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:52 PM
Yeah it may be a while before I try it out because I play rotations and I'm not on a household that owns a business yet. I tried it on the Landgraab business and it worked so I think I'll also try it on Delarosa's home business as well.

-----
Check out my journal.
Simblr
Theorist
#8 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:25 PM
Resurrecting the thread.

Has it been tried out more yet? I'm a little afraid of doing it myself, although I will eventually if nobody else is trying it out. But that will only happen when I get around to play a family that is planned to start a new business.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:24 PM
I have a vampire bar employee I would love to try this on, but the link in the original post gives me a redirect, making it impossible for me to identify which of Christianlov's mods I should download. Does anyone have an updated link or even just the filename on the zip?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:45 AM
Okay, I've only tried this once so far but I tested it tonight and it works!!! Thank you, Bwinney!
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:53 AM
@mangaroo
It was some kind of mirror, a Copy Mirror if I remember correctly. What a shame that the links are gone. It probably works with any hack that allows access to appearance. When I tried that with "normal" mirrors before, it didn't work for the manager, there was no option to change appearance.

It looks like his files are gone from the sim2graveyard, too.

@Macaroodle, wow that's great to hear, what hack did you use?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:48 PM
I used the Gussy Up link Bwinney referred to in his/her original post. I don't understand why when people are done with simming they don't post their files somewhere else so people can still get them....
Theorist
#13 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM
Finally I found that mod in my downloaded files. If anybody needs it I can upload it and post a link, except that I don't know if that's permitted. Can you share links to files on mediafire or somewhere else?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:53 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to respond. I just got a new job and life is pretty hectic. Glad to hear this is working for simmers. Maybe we finally found a work around for that stupid OFB bug. The families coming up in rotation have businesses with uniforms so I'll try it on them when the time comes.

-----
Check out my journal.
Simblr
Scholar
#15 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 1:01 AM
I didn't get a chance to download and try it out, as I mentioned. Sorry! Glad this works. But this won't work for hired employees right? Just the sims you can control to interact with the mirror? The hired employees are usually the ones that need the uniforms in my game.
Site Helper
#16 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:06 AM
If you download the Gussy Up mod from that site, it will add the Gussy Up option to all sims, including the unplayable ones.
Theorist
#17 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:29 AM
Ok now I can confirm that this method works, too. My cashier's face just morphed into a default face, and the Gussy Up changed him back. Finally sims can wear uniforms without fear!

You can probably use any other hack that allows you to change other sims' appearance without making them selectable.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Ok now I can confirm that this method works, too. My cashier's face just morphed into a default face, and the Gussy Up changed him back. Finally sims can wear uniforms without fear!

You can probably use any other hack that allows you to change other sims' appearance without making them selectable.

I'm so glad this is working for everyone so far.

-----
Check out my journal.
Simblr
Theorist
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:53 AM
I noticed one thing: the face of the employee who was "guity" of reverting to a default face will always revert to it again when you call in employees. You have to do it each time anew. I wonder if maybe firing him and rehiring would work.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
So I think most of us are aware of the problem where the sims face changes after you set a uniform for them on a business lot. Well I may or may not have stumbled across a fix..

I was playing the Landgraab electronics store. He recently hired a manager. I set the managers uniform which of course changed his face(he actually looked better lol) I noticed he didn't have eyebrows. I wanted to fix this so I clicked the sim and chose Gussy Up(I have this mod.) So when I gave him new eyebrows he instantly changed into his original clothes. So then I clicked Management...Set Uniform. He changed into his uniform and kept his original face...

I don't want to get too excited because I'm not sure if this actually fixed things or not but so far so good. I haven't tried the non-playable associates yet, though. I'm about to try it out on them and just use InSim to make them selectable.

Any thoughts?

The blog is down. Any similar mods to this?
Inventor
#21 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:39 AM
Maybe PM Babahara and see if they can upload it again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:28 AM
It's not the sim cloner is it? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572 I've often wondered about that (as I have the skin changer from the same thread) but I don't really want clones of sims and would that even be safe?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:44 AM
Looks like the Gussy Up plugin. It will allow you to click on pretty much any sim and change their appearance. Someone did zip up all of Christianlov's mods and post them here, but I can't remember which thread. I can have a look after I've taken my daughter swimming, and if I can't find it, I can upload that mod on its own.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 10:10 AM
Not sure if Babahara has been online recently.
--------------------------------------
Is it this one? "Gussy Up" on ANY sim?

http://www.mediafire.com/?i65cq8anvrfhqjl

Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 12:38 PM
That's the hack archive all right. The hack needed is "PlugInClosetGussyUp". Then when you lick a sim, there should be an option to Gussy Up, then Change Appearance, Buy Clothes, Check Wardrobe and so on. I love it for giving ugly townies new looks.
Page 1 of 2