Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnancy Check

by Enirei Posted 13th Nov 2011 at 6:55 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2014 at 1:31 AM by Enirei : Overview Update

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 101 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:36 PM
Very useful mod. I'm one of those that plays with the sound muted unless I'm waiting for the pregnancy chime so...thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:40 PM
I also tend to play with the sounds off....very useful mod. Ty Enirei!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:03 PM
I wait for it! Thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:10 PM
I play with Sims sounds off (so I can listen to music on iTunes), and I hate having to wait for their message. Thank you sooo much!
One question though: if your sim Tries for a baby with a Townie, and you click on the townie will that selection show up, or is it just for active sims?
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:13 AM
You should change the language to call this a pregnancy test and maybe make the pie menu say something funny like... "your pregnancy test has a plus sign!"
Just an idea.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:48 AM
This is so epic. <333 Now I can use iTunes more. C:

Would there be any way to add an option to see how much longer before the sim goes into labor?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnimosityKate
I play with Sims sounds off (so I can listen to music on iTunes), and I hate having to wait for their message. Thank you sooo much!
One question though: if your sim Tries for a baby with a Townie, and you click on the townie will that selection show up, or is it just for active sims?
Thanks!

I refer back to the overview
Quote: Originally posted by Overview
It will show up on Pets and Sims outside the household

In other words, Sims that are not part of your active household. I hear Townie and I think of the mass including the homeless ones too.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pepperbutt
This is so epic. <333 Now I can use iTunes more. C:

Would there be any way to add an option to see how much longer before the sim goes into labor?

I'm not sure. As of right now my RL is busy and I just don't have the time to research a new function that may or may not exist.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:54 AM
what a simple but incredibly useful mod! I always play with the sound off, so this will come in handy.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:57 AM
:lovestruc Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:09 AM
This is a nice idea, but wouldn't it be cleaner to just have a traditional notice pop up on the upper right of the screen?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 8:00 AM Last edited by Smashed Cat : 14th Nov 2011 at 8:13 AM.
This was a very cool idea. Especially that you made it for deaf players. But I think you should make it more like a pregnancy test, not see a pie that automatically tells you you're pregnant. I think that would be cooler and more realistic, and I think a lot of us would enjoy that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:04 AM
Veeeery useful, thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:45 PM
Thanks for this. I like the pie menu VS. the pop up. I have so many stupid pop ups that sometimes I miss important stuff. I don't like having to scroll through all the messages. So this is very nice. Thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:06 PM
Default Thank you :D
Thanks for this mod Will be useful!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Enirei : 22nd Nov 2011 at 7:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Psychopomp
This is a nice idea, but wouldn't it be cleaner to just have a traditional notice pop up on the upper right of the screen?

I'm assuming what you mean is "click Sim and notice pops up". Scripting interactions doesn't work like that as far as I know, there has to be an interaction to click to make stuff happen. I called the pie menu "pregnant" so it'd be a simple click the Sim and see if target is pregnant or not. There is a notice that pops up if you follow the pie menu to its single interaction.

Also for when the lullaby chimes for there to be a traditional notice, that is leaning more towards a core mod that I am not touching with a ten meter pole.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:15 PM
sweet I always mute my game to listen to iTunes. This will come in handy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:10 PM
Awesome thanks! I too play with my game muted since there is always someone watching a movie here lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:33 AM
This seems really useful. Recently, I haven't really been hearing the chime either.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:18 PM
this is a lovely mod, how thoughtful of you to think of the deaf good and ya :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:17 PM
Very useful mod,I play with the sound on but sometimes i miss the chime i may have gotten of the computer and come back. O am downloading your mod right now at least my Sim will have time to prepare for the baby Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 8:23 PM
Thank You :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 8:09 PM
While I personally wouldn't use this, simply because I use Twallan's MC, it's definitely useful for players who want a stand-alone mod. I know many simmers don't like to use more wide-scale mods (for lack of a better word) and don't want to have to deal with features they would never use. Props for this.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eldavis
While I personally wouldn't use this, simply because I use Twallan's MC, it's definitely useful for players who want a stand-alone mod. I know many simmers don't like to use more wide-scale mods (for lack of a better word) and don't want to have to deal with features they would never use. Props for this.

Thanks. I use MC too usually and the same thoughts passed through my mind too. Figured this was a quick one afternoon make and test mod people could use.
Page 1 of 7