Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 7376 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 4:35 PM
Default Saints Row The Third?
Is anyone planning on getting it? And if you already have it, is it fun? Any pros or cons?

I saw the trailer and I immediately wanted it; IGN's reviewer had given it an 8.5, so to me, this might be a good catch. But I want your opinions on it; what do you think of the game? I'm getting Skyrim too because it seems like it might be interesting, but I've also never played the last series of games both of them have in their collection.

So, what do you think?

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 2:31 AM
GET. SKYRIM.

It is SO worth the money.

Anyway I was thinking about getting Saints Row the Third soon. But I still have to get AC Revelations,Battlefield 3, Gears 3,Bulletstorm and MW3.

Me and Ritchie have a story blog now!

Francesco & Ritchie's Sim Stories
Moderator of Camera Models
staff: retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 10:45 PM
An excellent game that is one of the most outlandish gaming experiences around.

It's a bit more extreme in terms of its sense of humour and some might be offended but if you love a crazy sandbox game with no pretense to common sense then you'll get a kick out of the latest Saints Row.

It is also worth noting the game has some of the most impressive uses of licensed music as backdrops for specific gameplay you'll find.

Definitely a worth while purchase.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:54 PM
I'm playing Saints Row to relax after playign Skyrim :D

The series has come a long way since the first game, wich was just a jacked up rip-off of GTA San Andreas.
The quality of the cut-scenes is what surpriced me the most this time around, they're quite good and seeing your custom made char in them doing John Woo style crazy stuff is awesome.

I don't like that they took out a bunch of cool cars like the Venom Classic etc. There's also still a lot of AI & pathing issues and quite some silly glithces, it's just not as polished as Rockstar's games.
Overall, it's a great game to unwind with and just have some mindless fun

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:12 PM
It's fun. Buy it. :D
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 3:31 AM
It's a fun game. I got it for $39.99, at launch, which is...honestly about as much as I'd pay for it.

I'm not fond of the so called 'GTA-clone" games (even though I do find myself enjoying this more than GTAIV). I think my biggest fault with the game is that...it's not very good looking. At all. The cityscape, the vehicles, the characters (particularly those coming out of the generator), the graphics engine itself.

It does explosions decently, and vehicle damage pretty well. But, I say this as someone who inherently dislikes this style of game.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:59 AM
Saw some videos of it and read some articles. Looks to me like a fun game. I have Saints Row 2 myself, although not touched it. Saints Row reminds me to good old Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but then much weirder and more over the top.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
If you want a true RPG, go for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I mean sure, you can't steal cars and jump over rivers with bikes, but it is a great game with good gameplay and an enticing storyline, that is affected by your decisions, and it isn't like those games where the enemy just knows you are there, you can go stealth or shoot everybody to death, it is open-world. And if you do prefer jacking cars and jumping rivers in bikes I would suggest waiting for GTA 5.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:48 AM Last edited by pare321 : 31st Dec 2011 at 4:04 AM.
I got a one&two doublepack thing as a birthday present from my buddy and I just finished two. Now to play one and buy three and piece the story together... yep.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
If you want a true RPG, go for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I mean sure, you can't steal cars and jump over rivers with bikes, but it is a great game with good gameplay and an enticing storyline, that is affected by your decisions, and it isn't like those games where the enemy just knows you are there, you can go stealth or shoot everybody to death, it is open-world. And if you do prefer jacking cars and jumping rivers in bikes I would suggest waiting for GTA 5.

ehh, Saints Row is not a RPG. Same goes for Grand Theft Auto. They are action games.
You do not develop your character, which is the keyfactor in a RPG. It's simply doing dirty jobs.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 6:18 PM
I didn't say GTA was an RPG, I said Deus Ex was, I brought up GtA, Because it is openworld, like Saint Row, and although I may have sorta "said" Saints Row is an RPG it isn't i agree

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 2:32 AM
^ implying GTA isn't a true rpg as you can jump over bodies of water.

Saints Row =/= Skyrim =/= Deus Ex

Oh, hey, if you like apples, toothpaste would be an adequate replacement. Buy it if you want a sandbox style game in which you can shoot people in the face and do stupid over-the-top shit. Don't buy it to replace a completely different game.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:56 PM
To anyone still lookin at this post
with saints row the third out now
i always wanted to have "The Deckers" style in game
anyone else Think so?

Section jump