Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 69 (Who?), Viewed: 19922 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:46 PM
I'm on this thread to ask:

Does WA still come with a high chance of game-breaking? Does it still cause graphics glitches (e.g. Slenderman Babies)?

(I know Pets still does the latter. Seriously did they not playtest these games at ALL? I have Ambitions, which has caused some minor graphic and gameplay glitches, nothing like the seriously deformed things I've seen, just Sims being inside stone as they're sculpting it and such)
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:36 AM
What's a slenderman baby?

All EP's have a chance of being game-breaking, WA is no different. I had bugs with WA when it first came out, and some people had game breaking bugs with it, but now, either due to patching or awesome, it's been fine. I've not done any tomb exploring since LN came out so i don't know is the stuck in tomb bug still there. But if it is, just use the phone to return home. My sims travel pretty often even though I don't do tombs, and I've not had any trouble with it.
Inventor
#53 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 2:40 PM
Just so anyone who cares knows, on Amazon, they seem to rotate one of the games that's 10$ off. At Christmas time, it was Generations. Right now, it's pets. I've seen World adventures 10$ off, but I can't remember when it was. Because WA is already ten dollars cheaper than the other EPs, when it's on sale it's the same price as a stuff pack. So even if it IS the worst EP made, if you wait for it to go on sale at Amazon, you can consider it the BEST stuff pack ever made.

I haven't gotten it yet, and if I do, I proibably won't do much travelling -- if at all. I'll most likely use it as a stuff pack because it has beautiful objects and genetics in it. I am not sure, but I also think there may be a mod out there that lets you use the vacation worlds as a town for your sims to live in.
Scholar
#54 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:30 PM Last edited by GigaRevival : 17th Jan 2012 at 3:30 PM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_
What's a slenderman baby?

I assume what Erik is referring to is when toddlers or children try to do adult interactions and end up stretching into a monstrous shape because they can't; which looks a tad like slenderman.

Example:
Mad Poster
#55 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 8:18 PM
They are so creepy when they do that. Thankfully it happens less and less now. Last time I saw a kid or toddler stretch was when somebody retired and they started with the clapping. But now it's the pets, hope they fix that soon.
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 10:35 AM
Its my favourite but i think people hate it because it kinda feels like your just in a normal town.

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 6:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooHoo31
I hear a lot of people say that WA is the worst EP for TS3, but I was just wondering why? I think it seems pretty cool being in a whole open exotic world and going on adventures...

I agree with it being the worst just because Sims can't live on the adventure destination or buy a house before you die trying to get those visa points
The only good thing is the basements that it brought.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:08 AM
It is a shame that a huge and confusing dungeon (tomb) can't kill sims for the most part, even though being shocked by a stereo can. If a dungeon does not have the power of life and death, then it really isn't a dungeon at all.

If they are designed well and look nice, dungeons can be fun to explore. It is possible to make one-way doors and one-way dive wells. Dungeons also give a good reason to build structures that are massive and have detailed histories (they can even give some meaning to the worlds they are in.) However, seeing the pirate ship and the lumberjack games would have been nice. It is a shame that triggers and behaviors can't be added to most items. In the end, EA cares about, and only about , money.
Scholar
#59 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 6:07 PM
I don't find WA to be all that great, but it can be a diversion from normal play. The best parts of WA are the added skills (photography, nectar making, etc. (not sure if those also come with a patch)), and having foreign tourists visit your hometown. For anyone with a limited budget for buying expansions or stuff packs, I'd say skip it because WA won't have a big impact on your game.

This is why we can never have nice things!
Mad Poster
staff: retired moderator
#60 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 6:15 PM
It has the best set of skills, and the most versatile range of decorative objects of any EP. One of the best, if not the best - even though it still has significant bugs (most of which Twallan's mods guard against).

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM
Luckily I just started playing Sims 3. So most of the bugs were fixed.
I'm not going to lie, WA was (and still is) one of the glitchiest expansion packs.
For example if you don't "Return home" via phone there is a huge chance of your sim disappearing and the lot becoming unplayable.
As for "slenderman babies" I think that's over-exaggerating the expansion. I see no problem with the sims from WA (Just don't resurrect the dead sims in foreign cemetaries) I've added quite a few to my household. The only bad thing about them is that you have to look up their traits. (I stopped befriending sims if they have inappropriate traits a long time ago When an old man kissed one of my young adult sims)

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Scholar
#62 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
It has the best set of skills, and the most versatile range of decorative objects of any EP. One of the best, if not the best - even though it still has significant bugs (most of which Twallan's mods guard against).

Photography, nectar making and martial arts are nice, but you won't miss them if you don't have them in your game.

Inventor
#63 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:34 PM
I will just say here that as someone who doesn't have WA, I'm really suffering when it comes to CC worlds. Just about every CC world requires WA. There are maybe 3 or 4 total on this site that don't require it. Also, SO MANY custom lots have WA on them. When I turn filters on to remove all of the lots that require WA on this site, easily more than half go away. I'd almost say 3/4ths do. So even if it's considered the worst for gameplay, people must really like it for building in a serious way.

So even though I have no interest in travel, photography nectar or martial arts, I need to get it if I am going to be able to check out any custom worlds and lots except for a tiny few. Because I don't want to do this stuff, I'm waiting for it to go on sale (for Macs. It's cheap for PCs practically all the time)

I'm getting frustrated because I don't think it's worth full price because I only want it so that custom worlds don't crash when I try to see them. I just wanted to bring this up because I bet people with this EP don't even realize how much they'd be missing in the CC world if they didn't have this EP>
Mad Poster
staff: retired moderator
#64 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote:
Photography, nectar making and martial arts are nice, but you won't miss them if you don't have them in your game.

Comes down to play style. I hate playing the Ambitions interior decorator career without the Photography skill, cos the portfolio camera can only catch tiny things and your portfolio ends up looking idiotic. Very immersion breaking to me. Photos are also just nice detailing in a legacy.

I love having nectar maturing over the Sim weeks, and almost always end up having a nectar-maker in the family eventually. I don't do much with martial arts.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#65 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
...I hate playing the Ambitions interior decorator career...

I'm with you on that part. I like the fireman, ghostbuster and investigator.

Forum Resident
#66 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
I'm getting frustrated because I don't think it's worth full price because I only want it so that custom worlds don't crash when I try to see them. I just wanted to bring this up because I bet people with this EP don't even realize how much they'd be missing in the CC world if they didn't have this EP>

I'm pretty sure that so many worlds and lots require WA because it was the 1st EP. So most people who got Sims 3 also got WA when it came out since everything was still shiny and new.

But by now you should be able to pick up that EP for $10 or less somewhere, I mean, it's pretty old.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
(Also looking for feedback on my world in progress; Mayfair Isles)
Forum Resident
#67 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 3:20 AM
It's my least fave, but only b/c when my sim travels to any of the 3 destination spots, whenever they return home my game seizes to work right anymore. I get untimely freezes and game crashes. So I never let my sims travel anymore. Also whenever my sims buy something like the nectar maker from buydebug, my game also starts to fawk up. So yeah, if it worked, I'd love this ep, but it doesnt.

Onyx Sims is now open!
Inventor
#68 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 5:46 PM
WA discs seem to NEVER go on sale. Right now, I could get SHT cheaper than WA. This is crazy. I don't want to pay more for the one expansion I don't really want - but need so custom worlds don't crash. I have managed to purchase every EP I own for under 20 bucks. I want to do the same for WA, but it never goes below 25. And considering that it's 30 dollars in the first place.. grr. Right now SHT is below 25 on amazon - 29 with shipping. Considering that it's brand new and 10 dollars more expensive than WA, this is ridiculous.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:25 AM
I like it. I love finding riches and punching mummies in the face

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Test Subject
#70 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 11:05 AM
I find WA to be very enjoyable actually, I normally send my poor sims to Egypt to get money from the tombs >_<
Page 3 of 3

Section jump