Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 new Sim animal faces for your hood

by DavidR57 Posted 30th Dec 2011 at 12:06 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2011 at 6:09 PM by DavidR57

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 1:15 AM
AWESOMENESS...thanks for these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:49 AM
Thank You!! This is what the other guy always promised but never made...
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 4:00 AM
Great for fantasy / medieval hoods! And furry hoods, for those that like that, I'm sure. I really like the townie ones, but I wonder if there's any way to link them with an animal skin? Dog snouts with human skin would look somewhat odd. With the animal skins on your models, they look very nice. I suppose I could always make a custom hood with my own townies, using a clean hood template.

There's a really cute typo in your description, dear instead of deer. My sims are dear to me too! :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 5:04 AM
As far as I know faces can't be linked to body types, much less skin-tones, which is why I included the no random townies templates. I tend to create a few extra furry families that I seldom play, but who show up on lots to add visual variety to my game. I hope you enjoy these as much as I have. Happy Simming, DR57
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:59 AM
YAY! AT LAST - FURRIES!
Well, just awww'ed all the time.
It will be totally cool to do a development of this project, not only at ts2 but on ts3 too. It will be a great present to all of the furry fandom.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:16 AM
I'm no animal-sim or furry lover, but I do love face sculpting, and I suspect these will add an interesting new slider or two or three to my pallet. Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:46 PM
Brilliant! Thank you for this ingenious and creative effort.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:57 PM
I didn't even know such a thing was possible! Really useful for storytelling, or just to make some interesting sims for the neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:42 AM
Not sure I'll use them, but very nicely done all the same!
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:45 AM
A question: I used once the alien archetype unlocked thru Argos process and replaced the alien boy from StrangeTown (Johnny Smith). When he grew up to adult he got the manequim face instead (base archetype). Do you know if this issue was solved? I mean, if I use one of those archetypes, the sim will grow up and still use them?
Anyway, very nice done. I'm very pleased to see that people can always find new ways to refresh the game. Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
A question: I used once the alien archetype unlocked thru Argos process and replaced the alien boy from StrangeTown (Johnny Smith). When he grew up to adult he got the manequim face instead (base archetype). Do you know if this issue was solved? I mean, if I use one of those archetypes, the sim will grow up and still use them?
Anyway, very nice done. I'm very pleased to see that people can always find new ways to refresh the game. Thanks.

I don't know about Johnny Smith, but it sounds like an incomplete template. If an age is missing it could be using base as the master default. A Sim made from these archetypes, or a blend including them, will grow up looking like an age progression in body shop or CaS, then pass a blending of these features on to the next generation. good luck, and happy Simming.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 9:06 AM
Thanks for your answer. I read your Readme file and you said you don't know what would happen if the new archetypes are taken out later. This is your answer, they will revert to the Base Archetype and will be probably permanently damaged. All the Base Game hoods present such damage because many characters were using archetypes that were removed before releasing. All sims that are alien descendants in Strange Town and look like the BodyShop archetype are damaged. The two families in Veronaville and some sims in Pleasantview like Skip Broke, Darleen Dreamer and Bella Goth are also permanently damaged.
So, I would recommend that you include in your Readme file some restrictions to: refrain to share the hoods with other players; do not use them in your favourite hood if you're not sure that you will keep them permanently, do not make copies of the hood and change numbering after removing the archetypes - it will cause permanent damage. It is not going to implode your hood, but you will have to kill the damaged sims. Future descendants will probably have some small issues that have to be corrected in Simpe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:48 PM Last edited by DavidR57 : 6th Jan 2012 at 6:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Thanks for your answer. I read your Readme file and you said you don't know what would happen if the new archetypes are taken out later. This is your answer, they will revert to the Base Archetype and will be probably permanently damaged. All the Base Game hoods present such damage because many characters were using archetypes that were removed before releasing. All sims that are alien descendants in Strange Town and look like the BodyShop archetype are damaged. The two families in Veronaville and some sims in Pleasantview like Skip Broke, Darleen Dreamer and Bella Goth are also permanently damaged.
So, I would recommend that you include in your Readme file some restrictions to: refrain to share the hoods with other players; do not use them in your favourite hood if you're not sure that you will keep them permanently, do not make copies of the hood and change numbering after removing the archetypes - it will cause permanent damage. It is not going to implode your hood, but you will have to kill the damaged sims. Future descendants will probably have some small issues that have to be corrected in Simpe.

I don't yet know enough about the internals of the game to agree or disagree with your conclusions, but if your right then ALL default/replace templates would need to carry the same warning, as would most downloaded Sims. What I meant was that an age template might have been missing when Johnny mas made. from what I've seen of the base game face files,that wouldn't surprise me. The only ways that I could replicate what you describe is by making a D/R template for just 1 or 2 ages of the base_arch, adding them to the game without changing the other ages, then making my Sim from this incomplete template. Alternately I could delete all but 1 or 2 ages of any of the file types (3IDR, BINX, GMDC, etc.) from one of my non D/R files, which is what happened with the csla_arch and cper_arch templates. The game shipped with the 3IDR, BINX, and XFCH files missing for these arches for all ages but the 2 adults, if you used these faces to make your sim the elders would go to base, and the babes would be born base. Argon fixed this in 2007 with his arch fix by recreating the missing 3IDR, BINX, and XFCH files. This is why I said base_arch might be the master arch default, and it does have 1 of the 2 baby templates for the game, the other being alien. I didn't realize that you'd been playing around with the files in SimPE to the extent that you apparently did. If you renumber your hood, you should prob depopulate it first, and the other changes carry their own warnings! If you are going to share a populated hood, then you would also have to share most of your custom content, I don't care if you give a friend my templates, but some creators have strong statements against doing this.
Most of us are not going to attempt the manipulations that you describe, so I'll stand by my statement that age progression will happen normally under normal conditions, and that whatever has been discovered about adding/removing D/R templates applies to these as well. Good luck and happy Simming. DR57
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for taking time to answer. I've been checking constantly to see if you have something to help. I'm having the Alien I mentioned, it is cute and I want to keep it. Yes, I share complete hoods because me and my friends had 4 computers using the same game and we passed hoods from one computer to the other constantly. I don't want you to damage your game for me, but as you said that you don't know what could happen, I told you a lot that can happen and maybe someone could tell me how to solve it. Sorry, I didn't have any intention to demerit your post, it is just that it falls exactly on the problem I'm having. Unfortunately I used the archetype in several sims and as I said, it is cute. All I want is to repair it. It works both in BodyShop and CAS for all ages. And I do make all the manipulations I mentioned and I know all the risks I run, but on this present case, I didn't make any manipulations. I just included a cc that caused a problem that I'm trying to solve.
And by the way the archetype was created by Maxis and it was just unlocked and all I got to read were some Bin Ids that doesn't specify even which age they are unlocking.
Sorry again, but if I was not having doubts I would not ask. I'm not going to share any content of any kind with any others but I have self 2 test computers and so I share with myself. I don't think there are rules against it because both computers run only licensed and registered originals.
If you come to anything that can help it would be much appreciated. It took me almost 6 years to adjust the game to the way I need it and it will be very frustrating if it is destroyed once more. It is a 100% personal version that won't be shared by any means. It is not even a game. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 12:00 AM
Wow that's cool, they look like the Who-ville people! xD LOL Who-sims! Thanks for the download! More sims for my romance sims!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:02 PM
*Goes and dusts of sims 2*. Meh, it was better than TS3 anyway... Btw, awesome mod, this is what drove me off the cliff of replaying TS2.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 1:22 PM
does anyone know if this is about for the sims 3 it is ideal for wat im doing with my sims i would appreciate it if anoyone with info could get back to me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:19 PM
Just got it in my head to do an Elder Scrolls themed neighborhood, and now I can have some Khajiit! Thank you for these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:33 PM
Great Faces! David, is genesims safe from viruses?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 6:48 AM Last edited by DavidR57 : 10th Oct 2012 at 4:20 AM.
I have not heard of viruses from skin tone files, but I have had a weird problem with a few skin tones that have included linked hair. In body shop the scalp shows up hair colored instead of skin colored on just 1 or 2 sexes / ages. I don't think genesims was among these, and don't remember having any trouble with any of the furry skins.
DR57
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:19 PM
Got Cat?
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:51 AM
It's 2014 now so i doubt ill get an answer but in the picture with the animal sims talking the deer sim at the bottom right seems to have hooves on and I was curious where cna i find these for download?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:50 AM
Yes he has goat hooves. There are still active links for male and female satyr meshes at the bottom of the first page of this post.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
it didn't work for me (i have the ultimate collection) any idea how to fix it? i relay what this mod.
Page 1 of 2