Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:11 AM
Default If you could add/change/remove one thing to The Sims 2, what would it be?
I'd add UNIVERSAL STORY PROGRESSION. That would make the game perfect for me! Sims 3 has it, but I like Sims 2 better and story progression would definitely improve The Sims 2.

ENTJ
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:24 AM
Story progression would ruin my game for me. There are ways to deal with unaging townies. There is no way to deal with sims doing important things you don't have a chance to see so that you don't know what's going on in your own hood. I'm playing the entire community and getting to know each and every playable thoroughly as a character. Without that, there is NO GAME for me.

Most of the things I'd want to add or take away, can already by added or taken away with mods.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:18 AM
Peni: Well, just like in The Sims 3, I'd want an option to turn it off or on.

ENTJ
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:35 AM
I would like pretty lot impostors. When my sim looks out of his window he sees pixellated blurry horror. It is the ONLY thing I want to change/envy from Sims3 (even more than bicycles and horses and colour wheels).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:21 AM
Create-a-Style. That is the one thing that I need from The Sims 3, as there are so many possibilities with it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:43 AM
Easy decision for me: Freetime and Apartment Life ported to Mac (I know, tall order). I have never played them and would love to. I'd also love to be able to download everything this site has to offer that I want. The game plays pretty close to exactly how I want it thanks to hacks and mods.

I would like if there were a "Sims 2.5" in a way. Keep the gameplay, but improve the graphics to Sims 3 level, only don't have pudding-faced characters though. Sims 2 look for characters, Sims 3 look for objects and overall smoothness. Make sure it has a proper genetics system (NOT like Sims 3). Improve the genetics system so it's somewhat customizable. I think black hair and blond hair together should give varying degrees of brown haired offspring. I'd also like if auburn (brown and red mix) and strawberry blond/apricot (blond and red mix) were separate hair bins and operated within a genetics system. Let's say a blond and red head breed, a certain proportion are blond, some red, and some apricot. The player could decide the percentages within settings or options. I would like if curly/wavy/straight could be similarly geneticized and player adjusted.

Then........ some new expansion packs. Farming that includes more variety of crops and plants to garden and more animals to raise. Milk cows to sell, or breed them, or sell for beef. Goats, chickens, etc. I know people have made CC farm animals, but I'm really looking for something more interactive and having reproductive capacity (ie like dogs and cats do in Pets EP). There are also sports, games, and hobbies that could be added still. What about owning boats and then taking them to community lots to fish or joyride? Even if the community lot was the shoreline/dock and the actual fishing event or pleasure cruise was a rabbit hole (think BV trips) it could still be fun. Bikes with smooth animations and multiple uses could also go in this pack. You could go for a ride (rabbit hole, come back an hour later with fitness and body point earnings) or use it instead of a car to get to lots and park it on the street like a car. What about herbs, medicines, and a hospital system? What about playing in different eras with different technologies(objects), building styles, and fashions locked or unlocked as you go along? I know this can be accomplished with CC, but I'd like the game to decide when I've accomplished enough developments or enough generations have passed to change eras. This could be realistic or fantasy (heck, make both!) or could focus on certain areas of the world. I love to play the Civilization series and I think aspects of that game could be really neat within a Sims 2 framework where we know the characters intimately.

Wishful thinking........I just guess I'm just not done with Sims 2. I only got the game and EPs a year ago, and I still see so much that could be added to it. Finally, fix the issues with neighbourhood corruption as much as possible. Have an in-game way to safely remove characters without corruption.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:11 AM
The ability to move from neighborhood to other neighborhoods without loading screens or time frozen-for sims and me.
Imagine this-a sim from Pleasantview going to Veronaville to visit another family, and returning within the day with time having passed! Complete interactions..ah, to dream!
To have a seamless and fully interactive neighborhood-and not like Sims 3 at all.

As for story progression, from what I've seen from other players experiences, it was badly implemented and does not work the way it was imagined. No, thank you! I want to keep control of my families.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM
Open neighbourhood - I do like that aspect of TS3 though I loathe the gameplay. But no story-progression. No. It doesn't work properly in TS3 and I'm guessing, never will. I'd be happy with some aspects of the graphics and the approach to colouring too. And the horses. Yes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:09 PM
I'd like a more interactive neighborhood. I like how we can see lots that neighbor the lots we're playing, but wouldn't it be cool if we could see the families going into/coming out of their houses and going about their business and such?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:41 PM
I'd like traits. Or more aspirations. Oh, and you know that recolour tool for objects? You click the thing and it shows all the recolours for that mesh? I want that for clothes. I want ONE mesh to show up, and recolours to show when I select it. It gets a bit tedious scrolling through page after page of the same dress in different colours. I LIKE TIDY. Speaking of tidy, I'd also like better sorting of the lot catalogue. I have actually got a spreadsheet that has all my lots sorted by size and type and I've renamed them all to keep them in order, but I would've liked if it already did that. And a search bar for the buy mode would be awesome. Plus the ability to sort by alphabetical order too.

I kind of want many things, haha.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:43 PM
Open neighborhood and such, maybe the best thing the Sims 3 has. I always thought Sims 2 should have gotten this.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:03 PM
I also would've liked a more open neighborhood and realistic looking lot imposters. It would be great to be able to walk over to a neighbor's house for a visit.

Another thing I'd change about TS2 is EA's horrible handling of Townies and Sims in the family bin.The former issue can be annoying without mods to change it. In fact, if there was one thing I could remove, it would be the game's automatic Townie creation/spawning. I'd replace it with the option to create our own Townies and add to the population as we see fit or choose from a list of pre-made Townies. Not sure how well that would work out, but it's a nice thought. And I'd add the option to easily and swiftly remove unwanted Sims without messing up the game.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:06 PM
I'd like "themes" with regard to roads, vehicles, and NPCs/townies.

Example: If I wanted a jungle island 'hood, there'd be a setting to change default roads to dirt paths, vehicles would become... oh, I don't know... elephants? and all NPCs/townies would be properly dressed for the theme.

A Medieval theme would certainly need to be another option. Roads would be wagon-rutted dirt, vehicles could be horses and/or horse-drawn carts and carriages.

Default clothing for the themes would probably be pretty limited, but that would be where CC creators would come in. The awesome thing would be to have the basic "look" of the 'hood and the non-playable sims populating it already in place. No huge hoops to have to jump through to get the right look.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BurgundyStars
And I'd add the option to easily and swiftly remove unwanted Sims without messing up the game.

YES.
I also want to get rid of the horrible premades cluttering up Bodyshop. I'm never going to use them, they're just taking up valuable space.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:17 PM
The ability to scroll through neighborhoods when playing lots. 100%.

Just had an awesome house party

ON THE SIMS
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
YES.
I also want to get rid of the horrible premades cluttering up Bodyshop. I'm never going to use them, they're just taking up valuable space.
I've already downloaded a hider for those. I was searching for something else when I came across them

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
I've already downloaded a hider for those. I was searching for something else when I came across them

Can you not just delete them? No? I've never tried though I have thought about it.

Hey Darby - elephants FTW!!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:33 PM
I'd like to be able to add ALL produce to the fridge, or juicer at once, and not have to click 144 times.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:45 PM
I would like.... Open World that's a must! Also more aspirations! :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:55 PM
Prettier townies. When my sims reproduce with them, the kids are terrible messes. It's just... Their faces...

Anyhow, I'd like Universal Story Progression. If I were to play a Sim's kid, the kid eventually outgrows the parent because I'd never play the parent xD So in the end, the kid is somehow older than the mother.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:02 PM
In a perfect world, all of the game-breaking bugs that are caused in the simplest manners would be gone.
Features-wise, I miss having an open neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Hey Darby - elephants FTW!!

Quote: Originally posted by Legendary-Taco
Prettier townies. When my sims reproduce with them, the kids are terrible messes. It's just... Their faces...

That's not too hard to get now, with default replacement face templates, empty 'hood templates, and custom-created townies.

Nonetheless, more variety with fewer absurdly extreme face templates would have been nice, I agree.
Scholar
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:16 PM
I would like to be able to pick traits for my sims.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:28 PM
If I could add several features to Sims2 to make it perfect it would be to add body sliders in CAs that would allow a character to have different body types so that one could have thin, fit, body builder types, and Females with varying body types, without having to add body altering meshes Like we have now thanks to Modders like Warlock. I'd also love a slider that allowed you to alter voice pitch so you could have Sims with different sounding voices. And finally perhaps a Slider for Skin tones that could give you a wider variety of skin tones (colors) from the realistic to the absurd (like sims who's skins are primary colors or mottled or have color bands).
Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:37 PM
Definitely an open neighborhood so my sims could visit other peoples houses, HORSES :D, the ability to delete a sim from the bin without messing everything up, and basically fixing in game features that mess everything up and destroy your hood via fireball.
Page 1 of 2