Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What's your favorite fantasy Sub-genre?
High/Epic fantasy
6 54.55%
Historical fantasy
2 18.18%
Urban fantasy
1 9.09%
Science fantasy/SciFi
2 18.18%
Other fantasy sub-genres
0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:47 PM
Default Fantasy genre
The fantasy genre, as anyone should know, is very broad and comprises many sub-genres. Of these so-called sub-genres, which one is your favorite?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:44 AM
I like both sci-fi and urban fantasy. REally like both.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:28 AM Last edited by minimogut : 7th Jan 2012 at 2:36 AM.
High/ Epic Fantasy is like the whole Fairies, Elves and Dragons (naming very general things here) type right? If so, then that's mine :D

Okay, looked at the below post and noticed I was right. High/ Epic Fantasy is my fave. Mostly cause I like the idea of there being other creatures besides the ones we know (dragons: wouldn't that be an epic pet/ companion familiar? "Oh yeah, I remember him, he was the kid who threatened me with a gun that one time. GO GET HIM FLUFFY!!!")

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:33 AM
I accidentally picked historical fantasy, but my favourite has to be epic/high fantasy as I'm a HUGE LOTR fan. There's no better book in this world I love elves, dragons.. aswell as vampires (not twilight that much), huge gothic castles, Dracula, witches.. you name it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:32 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 13th Jan 2012 at 5:02 AM.
I'm the one who voted for sci fi - I first got into the Robert Heinlein books like Door Into Summer, Methuselah's Children and Orphans of the Sky. Then Samuel Delany and Philip K Dick. Can't forget Schismatrix by Bruce Sterling. Someone I like a lot now is Alastair Reynolds - House of Suns is my favorite of his books, also Revelation Space. Also Vernor Vinge, especially A Deepness in the Sky, and Octavia Butler. There are so many great sci fi short stories - one of my favorites is Think Like a Dinosaur by James Patrick Kelly.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
I accidentally picked historical fantasy, but my favourite has to be epic/high fantasy as I'm a HUGE LOTR fan. There's no better book in this world I love elves, dragons.. aswell as vampires (not twilight that much), huge gothic castles, Dracula, witches.. you name it.

Eh. So that's a +1 for the 'Epic/high fantasy' and a -1 for the historical fantasy? :P
Inventor
#7 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Eh. So that's a +1 for the 'Epic/high fantasy' and a -1 for the historical fantasy? :P

Yeah
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 8:33 AM
I chose Epic/High fantasy, because I have this sick obsession with Vampires and Werewolves o.o! And among other things. But I can't help it...

And I am like squealing because UNDERWORLD 4 COMES OUT THIS MONTH! >.> So, see obsession with Vampires has taken me over o.O

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013