Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2299 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:52 AM
Default Sims keep burning up and their temperatures are fine?
My sims keep going up in flames. I posted earlier about my Sim dying from these, but now it's happened five times in only, like, two Sim hours! Could bad CC be causing this?

ENTJ
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:09 AM
Only way to find out is to remove the Downloads folder.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:13 AM
If I put the downloads folder back, will their CC clothes/hair be back to normal?

BTW, I'm going to try moving them out and throwing them into a new lot that doesn't have nearly as much landscaping as the other lot.

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavaster
If I put the downloads folder back, will their CC clothes/hair be back to normal?

As long as you don't save with the downloads folder missing, their clothes/hair will be normal when you put the folder back. Good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:50 AM
Oh, good idea, lol. Thanks.
I didn't do that downloads removal thing, because after moving my sims out, the problem no longer is occurring. HOWEVER, since some fire mayhem occurred on the glitchy lot, I exited without saving and moved my Sims out and bulldozed the lot. I forgot, though, that there were two gravestones there, one belonging to a cat and the other to a Sim.
...Whoops. Bye bye, gravestones.

Originally I had moved the gravestones to a cemetery but, of course, I exited without saving on purpose, but I forgot about moving the gravestones.

ENTJ
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:58 AM
Have you patched your game? If its not the CC and it keeps on, it might need a game patch or you could download Mootilda's no weather mod
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 3:13 AM
Actually, the no-weather mod still allows your sims to burn up. You'll want the constant-temperature mod.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 3:33 AM
Thanks, I'll probably get that constant-temperature mod... I'm thinking maybe I killed off an NPC or two and deleted their gravestones, but I can't exactly remember because I do that... a lot. Anyway, like I said, moving them out and into a new house fixed the problem. I'm just wondering why their old lot was deadly... either it was corrupt or the landscaping was burning up... tho I doubt, because the actual flowers and shrubs weren't catching fire.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 4:19 PM
You probably know this, but just in case: respawning missing tombstones.

(the whole mirror step can be skipped by just shift-clicking and making the Sim selectable if you play in debug mode)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:23 PM
I had a house I downloaded several years ago (and I can't remember who uploaded it or where it came from) that caused my Simmies to burst into flame whenever they left the house and started gardening. It was the only lot that that ever happened in. I don't know if I still have that lot in one of my gazillion CC file folders (since I keep everything I ever downloaded on disc) on my old computer. was this a house you built or one you downloaded? because maybe you downloaded the same house I did?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 12:07 AM
It was a green house called [number here] Humbolt Drive, I think.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 1:12 AM
Was it a single story house, with a diagonal bedroom on the right side in the rear, near a large kitchen on the left side? The name sounds kinda familiar, but I don't have the house anymore, though like I said it's probably still somewhere on my old computer and I won't be able to look for sure until I get that computer back from Canada. However the problem of the Sims catching fire when they stayed outside the house is what would happen when I played that house.

Section jump