Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't Set Custom Globule Color
...Referring of course to the lava lamps that came with Generations. I can set custom light colors just fine, but when I go to enter the RGB values for globule color, the input field won't accept commas. I have only noticed this since the latest patch or two. The problem is definitively not in my user files. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if there is a fix/workaround. Thanks.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 11:47 AM
I haven't used those lamps much, so this is just a wild stab in the dark, but perhaps the globules use hex codes rather than RGB?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:00 PM
Nope, just checked. Not only does it call for RGB values, but it won't even accept lettered hex codes. Numbers seem to have no effect whatsoever.

Can someone verify that this is working correctly in their game with the latest patch?

Sensitivity is strength.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 2:40 PM
No, it's the same in my game- I think the object is borked.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 9:55 AM
Thanks, I was afraid of that. But at least now I know it's nothing I did (besides install the latest patch).

I'm sure they'll soon realize their mistake and correct it in a timely fashion. ...Because the dig site fix was just so prompt.

Sensitivity is strength.