Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 15667 times.
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:02 PM
I tried both (I got both the BG and Pets for christmas at the same time) and tried Appaloosa Plains first, but after not really 'clicking' with the neighbourhood, I tried Sunset Valley and basically fell in love with it. I know I'm against the majority who like AP better, but because I haven't got Ambitions I don't really feel the benefit of the added stores for that EP.

Your theory stating your epic pro-skills was an incorrect assumption.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
3rd May 2012 at 5:14 AM
This message has been deleted by Guard Cat.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:04 PM
I like Appaloosa Plains, because it's so sunny-feeling. I like lots of nature trails, I like that all the buildings are small, I like the western theme. The only thing I don't like really is the dog park.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:45 PM
Appaloosa Plains was a very nice break from the usual EA suburbia, in the same way Bridgeport was to me initially... The buildings are less imposingly huge but have enough color and personality to serve their decorative function as backgrounds... I loved the outdoorsy feel of AP that had subtle hints of some abandoned road trip trash and spookiness tucked away in certain corners... wish they'd add some more expansions that would expand or add more rural or outdoor themes (Horse ranch, winery, farm, spooky forest, old west, tourist traps etc.)
Scholar
#29 Old 9th May 2012 at 3:36 AM
I really liked Appaloosa Plains, especially the new rabbitholes. In fact, I think it is the only thing from Pets that I did like.

This is why we can never have nice things!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th May 2012 at 9:09 PM
Appaloosa Plains is actually my favorite town. Sunset Valley always screamed Nuketown to me, I never got comfortable playing in Twinbrook, and Bridgeport just lags like crazy.
I really like the terrain paints, and the graveyard is fantastically done, in my opinion. I like the arrangement of the town, it makes more sense to me than any other EA town I've seen.
The only thing that irritates me about AP is that every single family, it seems, has pets, and they all like to congregate at my active household. Otherwise, I pretty much exclusively play in AP.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th May 2012 at 11:46 AM
I also think it's a nice break from the suburbia idea, real pretty and well done (except for those routing issues I used to have, well ...). Still, I hardly play there, it's just way too American for me, and I don't really have any stories taking place there. Also, I was sort of disappointed with it, because before Pets came out, for a while it sounded like we would be getting an European - style world - I keep on hoping for something like Britain or Ireland or the likes. Anyway, apart from that, it's a fine world I think. Just not my type of thing.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 17th May 2012 at 1:11 PM
Love it, replaced a couple of the huge lots (the cat and dog parks) with smaller lot's, allowing me to add some brownstone stle appartments and built a TV station with the Movie studio, rabbit hole replacement door. Once I added a couple more bars/clubs it started to feel right like home!

No matter what scars you bare,
What ever uniform you wear,
You can fight like a Krogan,
Run like a lepoard,
But you'll never be better than
Commander Shepard!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:43 PM
I only have two hoods, sunset valley and appaloosa, but I do love the plains because its so rural and pretty, and it doesn't look strange to have wild horses and deer running about. The only think I don't like is that its so obviously american, its hard to pretend your sims are living on an australian farm when there's racoons raiding the bin.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:23 PM
I like it. My Legacy Sim, Evan Farmer. just moved there. I started him in Sims 2 and missed him so He is now in Sims 3! Its like the perfect little country town. Apparently, I havent found it yet but, here is a standee of a Bigfoot in the woods somewhere. So theres lots of little things to discover that are super neat.
Page 2 of 2

Section jump