Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1423 (Who?), Viewed: 106326 times.
Page 57 of 57
#1401 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:08 AM
I'm going out for Thai with my son ..

Sometimes a storm is just a storm.
A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait.
#1402 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:02 AM
Taquitos...and s'mores ice cream, except I don't think you can cook that

My avatar's name is Meat and he's from my webcomic: trioofevil.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#1403 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai and Rigby
...s'mores ice cream, except I don't think you can cook that

Baked Alaskas and fried ice cream both spring to mind as "cooked ice cream"...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#1404 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:47 AM
Anyone have a good bean burger recipe? That's what I'd like to cook next, but I can't decide on a recipe.

Receptacle Refugee
"This social group is the most fun anyone can have without having sex or Sims 4. But it helps if you're a ninja!" - FranH
Top Secret Researcher
#1405 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:38 AM
Chiles Rellenos. Green chiles stuffed with egg, cheese, onion, corn, and a sour cream sauce, then baked. Paired with taco salad, tortilla chips, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, and homemade margaritas to drink... then leftover ice cream cake for dessert.

#1406 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 5:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Chiles Rellenos. Green chiles stuffed with egg, cheese, onion, corn, and a sour cream sauce, then baked. Paired with taco salad, tortilla chips, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, and homemade margaritas to drink... then leftover ice cream cake for dessert.

*whimpers*

Forum Resident
#1407 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:01 PM
Mum made tagliatelle with a light tomato sauce with mussels, prawns, and crab. I had to have the left over rice and veg from yesterday instead
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1408 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:38 PM
Not only does that sound amazing, Noa1500, but it's so fun to say tagliatelle. I love pasta names in Italian.
Scholar
#1409 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 11:25 AM
Udon (unknown variety) with bonito broth.

The brand of udon was from HIME (meaning princess), but no idea what exact name for the shape.

http://sailormoonfanclub.freeforums.net/ (My Sailor Moon Forum)
Free Talk now open!
https://www.facebook.com/tonkcatcrafts (My crafting page)
http://projectu.boards.net/ My Project U Life Sim
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1410 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:09 PM
Caramelized red onions and sauteed baby bella mushrooms over a whole wheat bun, then put in the broiler with munster cheese to melt and served with a thick slice of a ripe Jersey Tomato. Other than that, I went through my crisper and discovered that most of my veggies had gone bad while I was wrapped up in my Sims games. So, I've sauteed white onions to add to something and have some left over onion and bellas for something else, but I need to run to the store and get some produce.
Test Subject
#1411 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:41 AM
I made midnight breakfast-dinner of two eggs and a slice of cheez (no, not cheese), which is pretty darned fancy for me. Usually I just go to bed hungry or eat a bar or something if I really can't stand it.
Scholar
#1412 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 3:42 AM Last edited by HarVee : 31st Aug 2015 at 3:58 AM.
Frozen mixed berries, coffee & Stevia together in a blender.

It's like Ice Cream for non-fatties.

MBTI: Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

The gods gave us these weapons, and all they've been used for is to kill innocent pawns in a bloody battle of chess.
Alchemist
#1413 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:51 PM
Lazy today, so it's pre-spiced (very spicy, it turned out) chicken, sweet potato, and salad from a bag.

My mouth is burning. I don't think it's regular pepper they put on that thing, but chili...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1414 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:36 PM
I made my first ever heuvos rancheros yesterday with my boyfriend guiding me through the process. They burned a little, or the tortilla did, but were overall quite lovely. I'll have to figure out how to do them without burning them, maybe lower the rack in the oven from the top broiler part.
Field Researcher
#1415 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:26 PM
By request: Ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus, and maybe some sliced fresh peaches. If we're able to fit in dessert before midnight, it will be either homemade Key Lime Pie or Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream.

My partner is having surgery tomorrow, no eating after midnight (for him). And no coffee in the morning! Yikes, I'll have the pot all to myself (not as good as sharing).
staff: moderator
#1416 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:44 PM
Steak & gravy (literally steaks cooked in gravy, homemade gravy at that; I use cheap steaks to do this and they always turn out super tender), roasted veggies (not sure what all is in there, zucchini and carrots for sure- got a big tub of cut up veggies at the store for 99 cents) and a pasta salad. The steaks have been cooking for over 2 hours and the smell is driving me crazy! Hurry up food!!

@lindali365
Hope all goes well for your partner tomorrow! (And your supper sounds lovely, I love asparagus but nobody else does so I never buy it anymore. )

Old tumblr Downloads (and others) are HERE
Old BPS Downloads (and others) are HERE
Saving The Sims Groups * You need to join to download
Field Researcher
#1417 Old Yesterday at 5:57 AM
@mustluvcatz
Thank you so much for the well wishes. I've told him that all will be good, and I'm convinced that he's going to be okay after the surgery and a few rounds of chemo. I refuse to let him go (stubborn mule I can be).

Gravy! I need a good gravy recipe or two that aren't high in sodium. The way you cook your steaks sounds delish! I'd love to make that myself if you'd share your recipe. Fantastic price on the tub of cut up veggies!
#1418 Old Yesterday at 6:09 AM
@lindali365 I was thinking about you and your man the other day - wishing you and him the best of luck tomorrow.

Scholar
#1419 Old Yesterday at 8:04 PM
Basic Fried Rice, made with egg, bacon and green onions. This is tonight's dish.

http://sailormoonfanclub.freeforums.net/ (My Sailor Moon Forum)
Free Talk now open!
https://www.facebook.com/tonkcatcrafts (My crafting page)
http://projectu.boards.net/ My Project U Life Sim
Top Secret Researcher
#1420 Old Today at 2:18 AM
Frozen pizzas.

What? You thought I always made something elaborate?

Forum Resident
#1421 Old Today at 3:02 AM
I'm food lusting in my heart for that steak and gravy...

But I must confess, those cheap, microwavable frozen pizzas... I ... want them.

I feel so dirty.
#1422 Old Today at 3:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart-grey
I'm food lusting in my heart for that steak and gravy...

But I must confess, those cheap, microwavable frozen pizzas... I ... want them.

I feel so dirty.

join the club.

fear not - the shame is like the pain, stewie, you only feel it once.

Forum Resident
DELETED POST
Today at 3:16 AM
This message has been deleted by stuart-grey. Reason: I am confused.
Field Researcher
#1423 Old Today at 5:50 AM
@Thranduil Oropherion - Thank you so much, your kind thoughts and words are appreciated very much. We got home about 5.5 hours ago from the hospital. All went well and he might be ready to start chemo in 2-3 weeks. It's amazing how many surgeries can be done as outpatient care. I don't think that I mentioned that the diagnosis is testicular cancer. One of 'the boys' was seriously misbehaving, so he had to go. That's the least technical way we can look at it. The odds are in his favor that all will be well in time, so we are feeling good about that.

On topic: After the two of us downing a pot of coffee tonight, we ate leftovers. After a long day, cooking was out of the question. Scalloped potatoes taste just as good on day 2 as they did on day 1. I want to make 'dirty steak and gravy' this week or on the weekend.
#1424 Old Today at 6:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindali365
@Thranduil Oropherion - Thank you so much, your kind thoughts and words are appreciated very much. We got home about 5.5 hours ago from the hospital. All went well and he might be ready to start chemo in 2-3 weeks. It's amazing how many surgeries can be done as outpatient care. I don't think that I mentioned that the diagnosis is testicular cancer. One of 'the boys' was seriously misbehaving, so he had to go. That's the least technical way we can look at it. The odds are in his favor that all will be well in time, so we are feeling good about that.

On topic: After the two of us downing a pot of coffee tonight, we ate leftovers. After a long day, cooking was out of the question. Scalloped potatoes taste just as good on day 2 as they did on day 1. I want to make 'dirty steak and gravy' this week or on the weekend.

That's brilliant news lindali365 and I am so pleased that all went as well as it could - Outpatient care these days has revolutionized hospital 'user' time insomuch as it is far less traumatic for the patient who ultimately experiences far less of the associated stress of having a prolonged hospital stay. In cases such as you and your husband, he'd rather be home with you than there - you're a bonded 'team' and together you fight and win.

Best of luck with the start of the chemo and I wish you both all the best

Page 57 of 57