Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 743 (Who?), Viewed: 81419 times.
Page 30 of 30
Scholar
#726 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:05 AM
I made a vegan creamy potato soup today. It actually didn't turn out to be complete crap.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#727 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:29 PM
Can you share that recipe? We're always trying to find good vegan recipes since my boyfriend's daughter became one.

Wisdom is found in the paradox
Scholar
#728 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:05 PM
Here's the link to the recipe I used.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cre...ato-Soup-Vegan/
Alchemist
Original Poster
#729 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 5:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankokomando
Here's the link to the recipe I used.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cre...ato-Soup-Vegan/
Thanks!

Scholar
#730 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:14 PM Last edited by frankokomando : 11th Feb 2014 at 8:01 PM.
Made whole wheat molasses bread last night.

ETA: Home made chocolate pudding.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#731 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:36 PM
I made a creamy broccoli soup which was made creamy by adding an avocado. No flour or potato in it, yet very very delicious! I also tried a lentil salad made with cooked vegetables and raw red cabbage. That was also very tasty.

Scholar
#732 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:38 PM
I made eggless cookie dough a few days ago. Greatness of eating cookie without the risk of salmonella! :D
Scholar
#733 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 12:09 AM
Had potato skins with bacon, onion and cheeze topping this weekend. Really nice with a change.

Thought we'd try sweet potatoes for our next food project, because apparently it's very tasty. It's not common in grocery stores around here, and I saw them first a few days ago. I'd never thought they were that big! I thought they were more like big potatoes in size, not closing in on watermelon...

Anyway, does someone perhaps know some good sweet potato recipes for someone who hasn't tasted them before, and to be honest, someone who hates experimenting with cooking (mom, not me)?
Lab Assistant
#734 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 7:58 AM
Spent the weekend baking: chocolate chip cookies, Chinese sugar cookies, brownies, a couple of pies. The chocolate chip cookies turned out really hard (yet somehow not burnt) but the brownies and the pies were perfect. Next time I get the chance I'm gonna try crème brûlée.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#735 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 11:42 AM
Glowingstarsinajar: Come over! Bake for me! I rarely put together anything sweet. What are Chinese sugar cookies? I've been craving oatmeal cookies. I used to make up cookie dough and then refrigerate it and bake a pan at a time. Later, I shaped it into balls and froze them, taking out only what I wanted to bake. The frozen ones were not as good, but maybe if I played with the dough more to find what freezes well.

Frankomando: Was the eggless cookie dough simply cookie dough without egg or did you do something different to it?

Simmer22: Sweet potatoes are wonderful. You can roast them or prick them and bake them a few minutes at a time in the microwave. Top with sauteed onions, sour cream or cottage cheese, sauteed greens, or sauteed sweet red pepper. They're delicious in Thai style curries and stews with lentils, dark leafy greens, tomatoes and spices. This one is ok and gives the basic idea: http://pinchofyum.com/creamy-thai-s...toes-and-lentil

You can also slice them into thick slices or sticks, brush with olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, and bake in the oven to make something similar to "fries". Served with regular potatoes cooked similarly makes for an interesting side dish of "fries".

Lab Assistant
#736 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 3:14 PM
I am obsessed with the crock pot now. Last night I was going to cook a roast, realized it was 23:00, and my husband said I should google doing it in the pot. So ten hours later, I have this falling apart pork roast, and thinking pulled pork sandwiches with some coleslaw and home fries would be delicious. The baby doesn't seem to be picky as of yet, so I just keep piling our supper in front of her, and, amazingly, she's been eating it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#737 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 10:03 PM
A friend of mine recently decided to stay home to take care of her family. She doesn't know what to do with herself, so she got a cookbook for crock pot recipes and cooked up a week's worth of meals in a day or two. They weren't anything anyone in her family enjoyed. Oh well!

Mad Poster
#738 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I made a creamy broccoli soup which was made creamy by adding an avocado. No flour or potato in it, yet very very delicious! I also tried a lentil salad made with cooked vegetables and raw red cabbage. That was also very tasty.

oooh nice tip. I've just been diagnosed as diabetic and I can have as much avocado as I like (stuffed myself with one tonight as it happens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Thought we'd try sweet potatoes for our next food project, because apparently it's very tasty. It's not common in grocery stores around here, and I saw them first a few days ago. I'd never thought they were that big! I thought they were more like big potatoes in size, not closing in on watermelon...

Sweet potatoes are luuuurvely though they don't get that big over here and are more like potatoes in size. You can just treat them like you would a potato if you like. I particularly like them roasted in the oven (they don't take as long as regular pots). They are lovely and sweet and delicious and work in all sorts of dishes.

My bit then: on Sunday I made a leek and talleggio pie - that is really a fancy cheese and onion pie but using a little cream too and thyme. It makes a subtle, creamy filling. I like leeks and it was St David's Day last week so I'm supporting the Welsh (really). It was pretty damn yum.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Lab Assistant
#739 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What are Chinese sugar cookies?

My grandmother had a recipe for them (she called them fong-fong cookies.) Basically cookies with just butter, flour, and sugar- you put a tiny amount of dough on the tray and they'll spread out and become really thin and crispy.
staff: moderator
#740 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 12:09 AM
Chili. That's what's for supper. Yum. No cheddar cheese to put on top, but I'll just make up for that with extra sour cream and oyster crackers!

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Florida Window Recolors <---Latest tumblr Download
Top Secret Researcher
#741 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 4:53 PM
I made a waffle

For thine is the Kingdom, and glory. Forever -Ora pro nobis Lucifer
I'm not a Satanist, I think
Field Researcher
#742 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 8:23 PM
I chopped up a leftover enchilada, nuked it for a second, and put it in an omelet.

sooo good.
Test Subject
#743 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 1:59 AM
Bwahahaha I made applesauce because I've been throwing up all day.

...actually I bought it.

It's whatever.
staff: moderator
#744 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 2:16 AM
Steak, baked potatoes and fresh green beans. My stomach is very pleased.

I'm not much of a red meat eater- once a month is more than enough for me and we haven't had steak for well over 2 years, outside of cheap cuts that I cook in gravy and make sandwiches out of. Last shopping trip I saw New York Strip steaks on sale for about 17.00 for 4. That's still a bit expensive to me, even on sale, but I'd been wanting steak so I figured I could do without tea, chocolate and sunflower seeds. (My 3 "gotta haves"). I don't regret one second of eating that steak and can wait another 2 years for another one now. It kind of sucks that I forgot all about the mushrooms I got, but yeah, stomach is happy and that's all that really counts.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Florida Window Recolors <---Latest tumblr Download
Page 30 of 30

Section jump