Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Community Spirit contest! - posted on 11th Apr 2017 at 6:33 PM
Replies: 1811 (Who?), Viewed: 140924 times.
Page 73 of 73
Theorist
#1801 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:54 AM
Sweet-and-sour chicken, except I realized midway through that I didn't have any sweet-and-sour (oops), so I ended up kind of doing something by intuition- so, chicken, onions, carrots, bell peppers, and pineapple stir-fried with garlic and ginger, and then mixed into a sweet chili sauce, served over rice and topped with green onions. Pineapple for a side, and green tea to drink. Bonus points to myself because I finally managed to make rice without burning it and/or making a mess at the same time!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#1802 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:53 AM
I'm a vegetarian for more than 12 years, and for the last month and a half I've been on a strict low carb diet. More specifically, ketogenic diet. Odd choice for a vegetarian, I know, but I've actually enjoyed it very much. During last year I gained some weight which was very unusual for me. And with this diet I have returned to my ideal weight, restored my thin model-like figure and small narrow waist I was always known for. Now I'm thinking of making LCHF my regular eating habit. Only now, since I no longer need to lose weight, I might increase daily carb intake. With healthy carbs, of course - from vegetables, not sugar and cereal. Some grains might find their way to my table, but I don't think I will ever return to sugar and industrial sweets. Except, maybe, as an occasional treat. With this diet, my daily energy is increased, my skin looks great, and I'm generally really satisfied with it. So I would recommend it to anyone, especially to those who want to lose weight in a healthy way. Of course, this type of diet is more suitable for meat eaters, but even vegetarians can handle it nicely.

What did I cook today?
I'm not sure what is English expression for it, but literal translation would be "baker's kohlrabi". It is a low carb version of a similar dish made with potatoes. But since potatoes are banned in ketogenic diet (because of high amount of starch), kohlrabi is a decent substitute for this dish. Kohlrabi is first boiled, and than put in a baking tray, mixed with onions, nicely spiced and baked in an oven. It's simple and very delicious. I also had leftover of eggplant and tomato pottage from yesterday. And for breakfast, I made a quick smoothie with raspberries and blanched almonds, sweetened with few teaspoons of erythritol (a delicious sugar alcohol with an extremely low glycemic index). I wanted to make a cake roll with lemon curd and whipped cream tonight. Instead of wheat flour, I would use almond flour mixed with eggs and cream for a dough, and of course sweeten everything with erythritol and a little bit of stevia. I have all the ingredients, and it would have thickened nicely in fridge over the night and become perfect tomorrow. But I got tired, had something more important to do, so preparation will have to wait until tomorrow after all.

I wonder if Zarathustra's dish was Chinese... Sounds Chinese. And I must admit, I miss Chinese food. I think I will treat myself soon and order some. Maybe breaded tofu braised with vegetables with a little bit of sweet and sour sauce. I hope I translated everything correctly from my native language and that all this doesn't sound odd.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1803 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:52 PM
Gemelli pasta with white clam sauce. I didn't have any garlic in the house and haven't been in the mood for onions, so I made it without those things and it was very tasty! While my cook pasta was draining, I melted butter and olive oil in a pan. To that I added a can of chopped clams and the juice from the can, then some white wine. After the wine cooked off, I added the pasta and stirred it. Fresh cracked pepper was the finishing touch.
Scholar
#1804 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:50 AM
I like to think that when you order takeaway, for 1-2 minutes you have your own personal chef. So yes, my personal Pizza Hut chef currently has my chicken pizza in the oven.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Scholar
#1805 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 12:23 PM
I'm making stir fry! I love stir fry so much, I just can't wait to eat it!!

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.

Pronoun Wise
Check out my Simblr!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1806 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishA03
I'm making stir fry! I love stir fry so much, I just can't wait to eat it!!
What's in the stir-fry?
Mad Poster
#1807 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 5:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:02 PM.
Oven-baked lamb meat and potato slices, with a side of fried veggies. Strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yum!
Inventor
#1808 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:38 PM Last edited by leo06girl : 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:11 AM.
Banana but muffins with a crumb topping made 100% from scratch in the oven. The blueberry ones from several days ago turned out great, and were gone in less than one day.

Update: The banana but muffins didn't turn out well, except for the crumb topping. Most likely will only eat the topping off and trash the rest.
Scholar
#1809 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Oven-baked lamb meat and potato slices, with a side of fried veggies. Strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yum!

Thanks, I just drooled on my shirt.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Theorist
#1810 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:17 AM
Yesterday: Laugh at the notion that anyone would have any use for a 1/2-cup sized skillet.... it's so small, what good could it ever be!?

Today: Wish I had a 1/2-cup sized skillet to cook balsamic-vinegar-and-honey glaze for my salmon.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#1811 Old Yesterday at 6:33 PM
Recently, I made Gold Bear consistency homemade gummy bears.

Recipe
1 3oz packet of Jell-O gelatin (any flavor)
1/4 cup Knox Unflavored Gelatin (2oz)
1 cup water
Flavoring oils (that corresponds to the flavor in use)

You boil the water and pour in the gelatins, whisking quickly as to not make lumps. Once integrated, turn off the heat and add the flavoring​. Using eye droppers with a 5ml capacity, fill the molds quickly and neatly. Once filled, chill in the fridge to set up.

Avatar: Jingjing the Black Ring Panda from Beijing 2008 Olympics.

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is hanging in space over Lake Michigan."
Ralphie as an adult, A Christmas Story
Lab Assistant
#1812 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Haven't done much today, but I made a homemade ketchup tonight. Not only it's healthier and more suitable for my diet, but I actually find it tastier than all brands available in my country. It contains peeled tomatoes, concentrated tomato paste, olive oil, a little bit of Dijon mustard, apple vinegar, a little bit of erythritol, and spices (salt, pepper, chili, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a mix of dried vegetable spices). All is fried, cooked and then mashed in a blender. Voila - perfect ketchup.
Page 73 of 73