Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1037 (Who?), Viewed: 96773 times.
Page 42 of 42
Field Researcher
#1026 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:17 AM
Ouch! I can imagine the pain of chilli all over the place.

I'm making Teochew porridge with carrots and chicken fingers today.

Avatar model: Attie and Isabel Lion (Left to right).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Where it all began.
I proofread stuff.
Buy a drawing?
Inventor
#1027 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Oh, you had me laughing to myself. That's the exact kind of thing I would do. With hot chilis and other hot peppers, it always feel like the Sith are there (never one, but two). The hot just gets everywhere - in my nails, in my eyes, in my mouth, and over time in places I can't talk about. Hope you're ok!

So you're saying I should blame the Dark Side for this? NEVER!!! I have dedicated myself to following their teachings! I even deny you cookies in their name in my signature!

Thankfully the chiles washed out easy enough - no harm done, though I did spend a couple minutes loudly expressing myself through obscenities and casting dubious aspersions on my own sanity and purity of character- although thanks @Bellasaurus - the milk thing helped! I wouldn't have thought of that!

Didn't really want anything spicy for dinner tonight (can't imagine why) so it was a fairly level-headed potato-and-onion soup for me. Still tasty though- and perfect for using up leftovers! Got rid of the last of the kale and the leeks, a few bits of onion and some buttermilk that were only a day or two away from going bad, lots of spices I have too much of, and now I have lunch for a few days all set up!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
staff: moderator
#1028 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:08 AM
Chili - and I loved every bite of it, because I love chili. It's one of those things I could eat every week and never get sick of.
I'm running out of things to cook for just 2 people though! The day after I went shopping one of the boys went to his cousin's (where he's been for a whole week now) and I had shopped for 3/4 people. Thawing "just enough" of something isn't really an option because then I'll end up with *not enough. Grocery money only goes so far, ya know? So we've been eating whatever I can find. BUT!! I did get some chicken breasts that I can grab just 2 of.. so chicken tomorrow. Yay!

*Yeah, that sounds like kind of backwards thinking- I'd end up with extras instead of not enough. But then I'd have to buy extra to make those extras into a meal. So it'd cost more in the long run. Confused yet? Trust me when I say you'd never want to go grocery shopping with me. You'd really get confused then.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Field Researcher
#1029 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:32 AM
My sister gave me a Gourmet Hamburger recipe book for xmas and I tested out a recipe.
Hamburgers aren't really a thing over here (besides fast food chains) and I didn't quite realize how quick and multitasking you have to be if you want all the ingredients hot, crisp and on point at the same time!
I made regular beef patties topped with goat cheese and arugula in whole-grain homemade buns (and now I know how to make super soft bread!) seasoned with a red-wine and onion sauce. They were lovely!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#1030 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 7:04 PM
Salmon in sweet chilli sauce and some tomato & Basil pasta :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1031 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
So unfair! I can't "love" that enough!

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Inventor
#1032 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
Brandy-marinated pork chop, topped with caramelized apples and red onions in a butter/brown sugar glaze, with mashed sweet potatoes and walnuts, white zinfandel to drink, and a maple crumb-cake for dessert.

I feel like I need to add another side to this though... squash would be appropriate, except I don't actually like squash... hmmm... Well, the sweet potatoes will take a while, I'll have to see what I feel inspired by!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1033 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 6:45 PM
Vegetarian Haggis - it's that time of year

Actually, for that matter, I was tasting some single malt and made coffee in the same cup with a small amount of the scotch in it. That was very tasty!

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Inventor
#1034 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:51 AM
Dijon-and-bread-crumb-crusted Atlantic salmon steak, spinach fettuccine in a light cream sauce, mixed veggies (yeah, just frozen, but the meal looked too small otherwise), and a caesar salad with grape tomatoes from my friend's greenhouse, with a glass of Chardonnay alongside. I'm particularly happy with this one since I don't usually do particularly well with seafood, and the salmon turned out delicious!

Field Researcher
#1035 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 3:18 AM
Teochew carrot porridge with lots of water, and corn dogs.

Avatar model: Attie and Isabel Lion (Left to right).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Where it all began.
I proofread stuff.
Buy a drawing?
staff: moderator
#1036 Old Today at 12:54 AM
Pancakes. My mom keeps telling me that she's planning on pancakes for supper. I kept thinking "Oh, that sounds good". And they were. I even cooked some apples to serve on top- I made those a bit too sweet though. Grrr. Still..pancakes!

The only thing left is to call my mom and ask her to guess what we had for supper, lol.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Forum Resident
#1037 Old Today at 2:34 AM
Turkey stroganoff! So good! I added the last ofnmy snow peas to it, cut into really thin slivers. It paired really well with the turkey. I ran out of egg noodles, and all I had was whole wheat capelini, but it still made Eve happy.

Visit my Uncle's tea shop here!
Scholar
#1038 Old Today at 2:52 AM
Tonight I'll make caldo de pollo -- it's tasty chicken-and-vegetable soup. I start from a recipe for caldo Tlalpeņo, but tone down the spiciness.

But next, I want to learn Nymp's turkey stroganoff!

Tlalpeņo becomes fun to say once you've practiced a little. My spell-checker still rejects it. It also complains about stroganoff. Spell-checkers must not eat very well. More for the rest of us

Ronnie de Noube / Blog and Comic: http://ronniethesim.com
Do you like tea? Go and like this tea & antique shop of Nymphetamine's cute uncle.
Squee if you love Fenton
Page 42 of 42

Section jump