Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 784 (Who?), Viewed: 86091 times.
Page 32 of 32
staff: moderator
#776 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:55 PM
That sounds good, Mammal. I like spicy stuff. Not only do I like spicy stuff, I like (LOVE!!) chicken. Spicy fried chicken? Right up my alley, lol. I haven't fried chicken in a long time.. might have to make some tomorrow. *checks freezer- yep, 2 packages of chicken in there!*

We didn't have anything too exciting- cheddar brats and whatever one could find in the fridge. I had planned on making potato salad but thought there was only 2 potatoes left. It wasn't until the brats were about done that I remembered I bought some potatoes last week. It honestly never occurred to me to actually LOOK IN THE VEGGIE BASKET!! (I've got one of those 3 tiered wire baskets hanging from the ceiling.) Silly me. Ah well, if I'm going to plan on fried chicken for tomorrow I can make potato salad to go with that!

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Forum Resident
#777 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal
Dredging... Panko ...

Mmmm. My whole attitude toward breading-and-frying changed when I discovered panko crumbs.

Ronnie de Noube / Web Intern, Twallan Sunset Valley National Laboratory
Blog and Comic: http://ronniethesim.com
Go and look at Fenton's CAW world Heaven's Peak, it is getting really good.
Field Researcher
#778 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Mammal : 24th Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM.
Well, the chicken was delicious. It had a nice, lingering heat, but I didn't think it was spicy enough. I'd put a lot more pepper in next time, but at least the rest of the fam was willing to eat it. Those goons are way too particular when it comes to spicy stuff.

EDIT: This is the 777th post in this thread! Do I get an award, or just bragging rights?

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Field Researcher
#779 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:53 PM
Here you go:

I'm making black olive bread right now, I hope it turns out good. I've mad bread quite often lately, and I'm trying to add a few ingredients to make it more interesting (hence the black olives).
Screenshots

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Top Secret Researcher
#780 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:43 PM
Got some plain and boring cheese'n'ham sandwiches in the oven. Other than that I've got a fruit and berry ice cream cooling in the freezer (frozen smoothie, really).

Also ate the dessert before the sandwiches. A couple of marshmallows with hazelnut chocolate spread and strawberry sprinkles, which is extremely sweet but very yummy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#781 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:48 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 25th Jul 2014 at 2:12 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrymato
I'm making black olive bread right now, I hope it turns out good. I've mad bread quite often lately, and I'm trying to add a few ingredients to make it more interesting (hence the black olives).

That sounds wonderful!

I made rice pudding from left-over rice. It really didn't turn out too well this time. The rice was cooked with too much water because I read the wrong set of directions when I was making it (it was for the rice in excess water - pooh!). I cut back on the amount of total liquid and, instead of using all whole milk (the only kind I had on hand), I used almond milk for part. Almond milk is runnier and doesn't mix as well with the egg. Overall, the rice pudding is very light, as if it has no texture whatsoever. This is a fail in my opinion. It tastes ok, but it could be better. Next time I try this recipe, I'll make rice using the correct proportions of water/rice and use just milk for the pudding.

I'm working hard at trying to keep up with the farm share. With last week's distribution, I made cole slaw, boiled up the beets, and steamed pea pods, baby carrots, and green beans over the boiling beets. I have a couple of zucchini and thought I'd do a fritata, but the recipe efolger shared for chips is still calling me. I know I'm getting more zucchini next week, so maybe I'll try it then. Or not, because we're also getting eggplant. Eggplant and zucchini usually means ratatouille.

* Update: Tonight's dinner was salmon chowder and a spicy shrimp & cabbage salad.

Wisdom is found in the paradox
staff: moderator
#782 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:29 AM
Chicken quesadillas! Made with leftover fried chicken? Nope. I did mean to fry the chicken, really I did. But I found some spinach and after that mushrooms and onions fell in my cart, so I had to make something with the spinach! Last night was sauteed spinach/mushrooms/onions and baked chicken. Tonight the quesadillas made with leftover chicken, cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of a jalapeno cheese I had. Yummy. I'm still chewing my last bite. I stopped at a little produce stand and got 2 zucchini and 2 cucumbers for a dollar, so I'm going to have to come up with something grilled so I have an excuse to make marinated grilled zucchini!

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Instructor
#783 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:01 AM
Veggie nachos for dinner (just for me), and if it still counts, my husband made me (because I suck at making anything resembling a sweet) a vegetarian friendly cheesecake (yesterday) for dessert today.

He had a steak for dinner. He's obviously not a vegetarian.

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#784 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:06 AM
Lemony zucchini and pasta, with beet greens on the side and sliced cucumbers. Working my way through the CSA share!

Wisdom is found in the paradox
Mad Poster
#785 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:14 AM
I'll make a quiche today - I often do on a Saturday for lunch. I use what's left in the fridge. I think today's it's feta and pepper - not sure what else. Have no tomatos and no olives. Also, very little cream though I think I can use milk.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Page 32 of 32

Section jump