Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1782 (Who?), Viewed: 129675 times.
Page 72 of 72
Test Subject
#1776 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:05 AM
I made these recently from apples we got from our neighbor who went to an orchard. They were amazing but your dentist wouldn't like it!

Image taken from the recipe site as mine are all already eaten, heh. Link to the recipe Oh and rather then regular I used brown sugar!

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇
staff: moderator
#1777 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:28 AM
Cheeseburger Soup. Which was yummy and very filling - AND it tasted even better today at lunch - but I think I'd add a bit more cheese and a bit less meat if/when I make it again. (Or just use ground turkey instead of hamburger.) OH! And I'd add some crumbled bacon to each serving because bacon makes everything taste better.
Theorist
#1778 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:12 AM
Mediterranean something-or-other... stir-fried chicken, olives, red onions, basil leaves, mint, and olive oil over bowtie pasta, and of course wine (always wine) to go with- specifically an Italian pinot grigio that I've had for a lot longer than necessary.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
WaitWhut?
staff: moderator
#1779 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 2:13 PM
Those look lovely Pillowkitty6 - ideal for when you have friends round. But too much sugar for me. Still you can cut it down. I'm not surprised you ate them all though.

Tonight: getting into autumn, roast butternut squash with goats cheese, sweetcorn and chilli plus a squash seed sauce.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Scholar
#1780 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 8:43 PM
I have chicken stock on the stove and at 4:40am no less (can't sleep). Not the prettiest thing to make since you're just boiling a carcass, but I hate to waste anything that could be used especially if it was once living. Not sure what the stock will be for just yet. Perhaps soup?

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1781 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 10:51 PM
Bubblebeam, I often use stock (vegetable) for cooking veggies or rice. If I'm sauteing, for example, at some point I might throw in a little stock. You can take stock and fill an ice cube tray, then put the cubes in a plastic bag in the freezer. It's handy for when you need a small amount of stock to add to sauteed veggies (cuts down on the amount of oil you'll use).

I made Spanikopita and it turned out incredibly sweet (and delicious). I think it's because I used sweet onions, sort of like Vidalias.

"If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are now." ~ Shifu, Kung Fu Panda 3
Test Subject
#1782 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 2:43 AM
@maxon Haha "friends" yeah sure /cough. I ate most of them myself in a few days (dry out in the fridge after awhile) and my mother had a few as well. The sweet apples went into roses and the sour ones into applesauce. Speaking of squash picked up an acorn one. Love those in butter and brown sugar in the oven.

Edit: You can always regulate or even cut out the sugar in the roses. Instead of cream cheese use some kind of jam.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇
Scholar
#1783 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 3:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Bubblebeam, I often use stock (vegetable) for cooking veggies or rice. If I'm sauteing, for example, at some point I might throw in a little stock. You can take stock and fill an ice cube tray, then put the cubes in a plastic bag in the freezer. It's handy for when you need a small amount of stock to add to sauteed veggies (cuts down on the amount of oil you'll use).

I've been meaning to try that, but keep forgetting to buy an extra ice cube tray. For now I'm just freezing in the one big batch ready for soup.

Just had our tea. Sausage and mash with peas and gravy. You can tell we're British right?

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Page 72 of 72