Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 6:18 PM
Default Assigning news Footprints / ClosedPolygons to an object ?
Hi all,

First, I don't think it's to late to wish to you a Happy New Year...

Second, I made this object (Roman arena) 2 monthes ago and now I would like to add 3 FootPrints / ClosedPolygons furthermore so that sims can enter / exit to several places... The problem is that I don't know how to give these 3 more FootPrints / ClosedPolygon a 'Name' (like the first normal and original FootPrint...)

So, I need your lights to be able to move forward...

PS: see the joined pictures.

Thanks a lot for answers.
Screenshots

If you want to know your future...create it!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 6:30 PM
The footprints don't decide where the sim enters and exits, it's the routing slots (RSLT) that do that, and of course the script needs to be changed in order for your sim to actually use those extra approaches. Footprints are more about intersection and placement. About who or what can or cannot be in that area, rather than what they will try to do.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 9:14 PM
OK thanks a lot Inge I'll trying to do that in the way you say.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 9:26 PM
You can use footprints for routing
Here you have a footprint you can use, it is one from the ep3 pavillion wich original had 8 footprints
i deleted 4 of them, the other 4 you can update so each footprint will cover one building block.
the easiest way( i know of) to do this is in TSRW.

So:
-open your package with S3PE -i dont know wich object you clone but some contain 2 footprint files, one for placement and one for routing
-replace the one for routing with the one i uploaded.
-open tsrw and clone a random object.
-Go to edit/project contents
-delete all the files in the popup window(right click and delete)
-when done choose import from package and import your custom package
-you might have to zoom out before you can view your object.
-Go to the slots tab and update each footprint so it matches one of the building blocks
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  moddedPavilionfootprint.7z (444 Bytes, 9 downloads) - View custom content
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 12:24 AM
What effect does changing that footprint resource appear to have? The scripts appear to address RSLT entries rather than footprint entries when it comes to sending a sim to approach an object, just prior to snapping into it and beginning the animation.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:19 AM
Not sure if the sim can interact with the building then indeed does it need the routeslots at the entrances.
If this is just a deco object(like the domes) you can use the footprints to cover the areas you dont want your sim to walk.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 11:19 PM
Thanks a lot BloomsBase