Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 18 (Who?), Viewed: 10409 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 2:30 AM
Default For all the Skyrim players here
An important update.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:18 AM
That is so awesome, lol! If I had skyrim on my computer, I would download that. "HOLY SH**!! ATTACK OF THE KILLER PONIES!!!"

deviantART: http://alexandriaspride.deviantart.com/
I AM THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 9:02 PM
I'm loving the texture mods that are coming out, looks so smooth. I may download this just for a laugh, maybe use my shout to call for a dragon while I'm battling another dragon - Pony vs Pony battle.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 9:21 PM
One of my brothers is a brony. It's too bad he has the Xbox version. I can taunt him with this, though.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 10:16 PM
There's one that replaces dragons with Macho Man Randy Savage.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 8:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktree
One of my brothers is a brony. It's too bad he has the Xbox version. I can taunt him with this, though.

Hehe, well maybe he might enjoy this!

originally found at http://daunted.deviantart.com/#/d4j7540 by way of Bethesda Blog

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 6:46 AM
Those are awesome dude. I need a couple on my PC. (Literally "on" my PC)
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 6:51 AM
So demure. So shy. Who could refuse?
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer24601
So demure. So shy. Who could refuse?

Me, because it would ruin the whole game. -_-
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 2:57 AM
Woo... thread necromancy...

Anyway, what's the deal with My Little Pony? I watched a few episodes of it once, but I don't understand why it's so popular.
It's also kind of mind-boggling that a large portion of the fanbaase consists of 25-year old dudes :/

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr ♥ ❤ ❥
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:27 AM
It's an alright show, I've seen better and I've seen worse. A lot of people take it way too seriously. It's just a tv show, after all. I have no problem with older men liking a kid's show, but the people that take it to extremes can be worrying. There are people who say ponies saved them from suicide, or that ponies mean more to them than their friends and family.. There are even pony fleshlights.

yep.

Tust me, there are people like that in every fandom, but I don't know why they're in such large numbers for ponies. Maybe it's because people think it's weird for a grown man to like ponies in the first place, so the number or crazy devotees just seems larger? I dunno. If a 25 year old guy said Spongebob was his favorite show, I'm sure it wouldn't be considered strange to the average person, or at least much less so.

I don't know why this particular show is so incredibly popular and has a huge cult following. Like I said, It's an alright show, I've seen most of the episodes and I'd say that I'm a fan, but I just don't get the scary devotion. Honestly, I like the Pony.MOV series a lot more than the actual show.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:27 AM
pony ... fleshlights. Yeah. The internet gets weirder everyday.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Instructor
#13 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:50 PM

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr ♥ ❤ ❥
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#14 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:58 PM
@paksetti -
I'm a 28 year old woman, and I like MLP:FIM. I'll admit I probably wouldn't have started watching it if I didn't have a small child to watch it with, but... it's cute, funny, clever, well-drawn and animated, has lots of weird little "easter eggs" if you watch the background closely, and it's generally got a good message. The characters are strong, opinionated, and good role-models; most people can find one or more of the main ponies they strongly identify with; I see Twilight Sparkle in myself -so much-, though I think Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are cooler.

It's also very... soothing somehow to watch. Something about the bright colours, the songs, the pacing, it's just enjoyable and relaxing. Not too mentally challenging, just pretty, fun, slightly amusing things happening.

I also don't see why gender should factor into it at all, tbh. Gender is more of a construct of society, and being male or female really doesn't have much to do with it... Only a couple of the episodes even deal with things that are traditionally "gendered" - there's one episode where Rarity's making dresses and having difficulty with it (but, then a lot of fashion designers are male), and another where Fluttershy becomes a fashion model and Rarity's jealous (see above re: fashion design, and there's male models too). The rest are generally about friendship, pride, helping each other, learning how to deal with your own limitations, dealing with challenges, etc., which are pretty universal concepts. My kid is a 3.5 year old boy, and I'm very glad he doesn't go, "Bah, this is for girls," when we watch together.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:54 PM
@Misanthrope. Don't. Want. To know. *Shudders*

I started a "Random Legacy"! Read the first chapter here.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 5:55 AM
I wonder, how many folks would play in a My Little Pony MMO? Well way back in Oct 2011 some people started making one and it's still an ongoing project. http://www.mlponline.net/

What's still to be seen, is if Hasbro will let them continue, they haven't stopped them yet.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope

Excusez mon français, BUT WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCK.
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 5:44 PM
The Internet is dark and full of terrors.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr ♥ ❤ ❥
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
it's cute, funny, clever, well-drawn and animated, has lots of weird little "easter eggs" if you watch the background closely, and it's generally got a good message.

I totally agree with you. I love MLP:FiM.
Earlier today I saw the episode where Spike feels embarrassed because he likes ponies, tea parties and cute stuff instead of being a badass like the other dragons. Eventually he understands that being yourself is the key to happiness, and it's ok to do what you like.
I think that was a very strong message to send out to people who are struggling to find themselves (I think about gay teens but this probably applies to other categories as well).
It's not wrong to say that the world would be a much kinder place if everyone watched that show!
Also, Pinkie Pie (HystericalParoxysm's avatar) is beyond hilarious. Like, for real.

Sorry for the OT, I just felt like I should support HP

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.

Section jump