Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:44 PM
Default How Often Does This Happen to You?
I couldn't really find a place for this thread, but how often does it happen that you find a house that you love to death (architecture, floor plans, etc.) and then you put it in your game, and put it in build/buy then just... Wait for it... Delete everything inside and begin to decorate it in your own style.

So how often does this happen to you?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:09 AM
Always!! but that may be because my favorite aspect of the game is decorating!
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:50 AM
I usually do this, because my favorite part of the game is furnishing the house. In most cases, the finished product is a lot more expensive than the original, even though I use tons of custom furniture (which I've edited to make ridiculously cheap). Never understood the lot values and net worth aspects though, so I'm probably doing something that causes the price to go through the roof. Oh, well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:27 AM
Almost every single time. Sometimes I like the way creators will think to arrange furniture, but overall I have different preferences for furniture, wallpaper and floors. Plus, often the houses are way too expensive being all furnished and I like to have my Sims bring their furniture with them from their previous homes or buy new as they can afford it.

Sometimes I will keep everything if the house is highly themed and the themed decorations make sense for it, such as some of the lots by Cyclone Sue.

One thing that always bothers me besides the houses being furnished to the hilt is the fencing and edging that so many creators put around the perimeter of the property and every single garden bed. I always undo those. I can't stand edging or lots of fencing.

Another thing that annoys is when plants face the wrong way so that gardeners can't water them. Maxis made a lot of their lots this way too. So annoying.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:11 AM
i also do this....sometime the creators...vision...is just alittle "off" from mine....
but i am also a big matchy matchy person
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:30 AM
Never. I'm way too lazy for any of that. I'm perfectly fine with someone else doing all the work for me, thank you very much. That way all I have to do is plop my sims in there and play.
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
I couldn't really find a place for this thread, but how often does it happen that you find a house that you love to death (architecture, floor plans, etc.) and then you put it in your game, and put it in build/buy then just... Wait for it... Delete everything inside and begin to decorate it in your own style.

So how often does this happen to you?

Ah, that has me remembering. You've GOT to try playing in The Rookery house, which came with Generations.
You can find the whole sad story here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=454573