Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 2:11 PM
The bed ownership (or whatever it is) keeps getting on my nerves. If there are three babies/ toddlers and three cribs, does it really matter which kid sleeps in which crib? Apparantly it does.
So one sim has just put a toddler (or baby, for that matter) to sleep and moments later every teen+ sim in the household is trying to get the poor kid out of the crib - only to put it back to sleep in the crib right next to it. What the hell? ^^;;
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
i caught one of my sims stealing a newspaper that was published days ago :P

I always have this woman in a black dress steal my brand new paper. Luckily sometimes, my mailman is there to yell at her, and also sometimes my maid is there. BUT >.> its weird, because how maniacal they look when they are getting it.

Another stupid thing, my maid came back to my house AFTER cleaning, and kicked over my trash can, and in her though bubble she hated one of my sims >.> And when I looked at that said sim's friends, there was no enemies, or her being ticked off at anyone. It was oddly strange. I wanted to say:

"Yeah, you kicked it over! Guess who has to clean it up in the morning? That's right, you!"

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:26 PM
This is some well known quirk that townies have. Whenever you say Hi to a townie and he enters your place, there's a 90% chance he/she will go fiddle around with your computer or do something else stupid.
Who the heck goes screw around with someone's computer right after meeting him/her?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:01 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 24th Jan 2012 at 4:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PolterGeist44
Who the heck goes screw around with someone's computer right after meeting him/her?

mine hangout together right after meeting eachother
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:11 PM
I once had one look up on the newspaper for a job without me telling him to. And I also had one of the parents go to their toddler and chat with him, and the toddler would be floating in the air and talking. He wasn't even hacked.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:53 AM
Okay so Today I'm playing the Watkins family, a pair of nerdy adults and their nerdy child living in a cramped single story house. Well the mother gave birth to twin girls and hired a nanny to help out. So I'm playing for a while when I notice that one of the newborns is crying her little lungs out (her little picture was red orange) and the nanny seemed to be unable to get to her. So I send the mom over to get the baby, and she seems to be stuck as well. Anyway it was winter and because of the snow outside and the camera angle I couldn't see that the problem was the other twin, sleeping in the way of the crib, and my Simmies couldn't figure out to pick up the twin and move her before her sister's motives turned red.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolterGeist44
This is some well known quirk that townies have. Whenever you say Hi to a townie and he enters your place, there's a 90% chance he/she will go fiddle around with your computer or do something else stupid.

yeah they like to make themselves right at home don't they?
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 9:00 AM
Not sure if this is stupid or not. But do you ever greet someone, and they stay at your house for like 2 weeks at a time, and when you ask them leave, they shake your hand then stay anyway? And then they just sit there, and its like really late, 2 weeks later and they are like:

"Look at the time, I need to go!"

I am like:

"No shit, you have been here for 2 weeks!!! Have you peed yourself, yet? I mean come on!"

Sometimes they don't even go to the bathroom. Never eat. All they do is play on my piano, spin on my exercise machine, and play cards. I am like..

Okay then, they only come into my house to wait until I go to sleep, and they will be the person that steals all of my stuff!"

I swear that is what they are doing -.-" Neighbors, I can't get rid of them

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 11:34 AM
Mine are all self-inflicted, but their behaviour looks pretty silly. I have a bad habit of blocking up doorways and various usable objects by putting things too close together, so my poor sims are constantly ranting and raving about all the obstacles or other sims in their way.
Before I realised sims were trainable I would have them all running about trying to keep everything clean and tidy, no matter how much of a scruff I wanted them to be. I have one sim guy, Jeremy Grotsby, who is supposed to be this totally unlikeable slob - 0 nice points, 0 neat points, low activity points, he's a used car salesman with the pleasure aspiration who is completely horrible to most other sims when he's not trying to sell to them. He should be living in a ratty, dirty little cabin with no clean dishes and crud everywhere, but I made the mistake of making him clean up after meals while I was getting him settled in. So now he autonomously washes the dishes, takes out the rubbish and generally keeps the place spic-and-span - while his fun meter gets lower and lower because he is a scruff, deep down inside, and he hates cleaning. Meanwhile my super-neat werewolf romance lady sim down the road, who should be struggling to have a good date at Grotsby's house because of the mess, is having a whale of a time dating and generally getting it on with him. Oh and her house is a complete tip because I figured she wouldn't need much telling to tidy up, what with her being naturally neat. Oddly, although she will autonomously wash dishes and chuck out old food, she will not clean any surfaces or mop the floor on her own.
So now instead of being a short-term drama-filled relationship, they're all lovey-dovey over each other and appear to have changed their cleaning habits to suit their partners. It's unexpectedly sweet.

Of course werewolf lady has also behaved in a silly manner - one night rolling wants to howl and savage someone, then the next night being overcome with remorse that she savaged an ex-boyfriend and rolling wants to have him and herself cured of lycanthropy, and a fear of him howling. Tough luck lady, you're a monster and you're going to stay that way!

Then there was the Willowtree family, who have 5 children each one of whom was birthed outside and dumped unceremoniously in the snow. Once or twice I can understand, but every single time? The mother actually runs outside to give birth now, with all her kids and her husband cheering her on!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:35 PM
Today's message is sponsored by the letter B.

While playing my favorite Nerdy couple, the Watkins. The heavily pregnant mother walked over to her child on the day of his birthday and proceeded to give him a gift. The youngster was thrilled and just as he put the gift away she took a step back, howled in agony, locked her knees and started giving birth, causing her young son to panic at the sight of his mom giving birth. I wonder if he'll be traumatized for life?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:13 AM
1. When they want and fear the same thing. Sometimes it's pretty realistic. I mean, a baby? Sure, that would be awesome, but pretty scary at the same time. But wanting and fearing going to class? Really?
2. They don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom, aaagh!
3. Picking up babies to feed them every five minutes.
4. I have one sim who, for no apparent reason, makes out with everyone when I tell her to say goodbye. She's not even a romance sim!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:55 AM
Ah Belamancer - Jeremy is my kind of sim. Sounds great.

Quote: Originally posted by alicey
2. They don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom, aaagh!

I have a hack for that one. It really bothers me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 12:08 PM
One thats get me is the kids deciding to sleep in the parents' bed when either of the parents wants a baby
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moganite
One thats get me is the kids deciding to sleep in the parents' bed when either of the parents wants a baby

I had a problem where the parents would always try to sleep in the kid's beds thereby forcing the kids to sleep in the parents double bed lol
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moganite

Well, you could always regard it as similar to real life kids who try to prevent their parents conceiving a rival, I mean, 'lovely little brother or sister' ('Won't it be nice to have someone you can play with?' 'NO!').

But the real reason, according to the coding, is that sims will always try to sleep in the best quality bed if they can. I'd guess most players choose one of the better quality beds for the parents (better rest and comfort) while the kids get the cheapest. This is for real practical reasons like the parents need to be fresh for work in the morning and kids hang around for far less time than adults and so on but sims take no notice of your reasoning.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:38 PM
one of my servo's wants was to take a bubble bath, needless to say I found out what happens when servos get wet lol
but seriously why would a robot have a want like that?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:50 PM
I left freewill on and almost everyone in the Capp household tried to sleep in Consort's bed. I thought Tybalt was going to as well, but he picked up his mother's urn and smashed it -_-

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 9:51 PM
If all my sims don't want to play in the bath tub then they all want to go on the computer. failing that, they'll block everything up trying to get to the baby to feed it for the second time in an hour.

This Is why I never put things like guitars, radio's and computers in. Your sims will always interact with those rather than actually looking after themselves.

Another thing is my li'l sims dog. I've never trained him not to sleep on furniture. I have about 3 pet beds put around (it's a big house) but yet he still sleeps outside, rain or shine. It drives me insane because then the butler starts complaining because he can't get round the dog to the hedge.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:21 PM
When random sims walk into my sim's house uninvited and watch T.V.

When evil mascots clog the toilet.

When two sims that are in love visit a sim's house and all they do is make out.

When vampire sims walk directly into the sun, just to recycle the newspaper.

-_-'
Site Helper
#45 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by funkygirl147
When two sims that are in love visit a sim's house and all they do is make out.
I actually like this one a lot.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:16 AM
I have a Sim who invited her friend and friend's husband over, since the couple were on the outs and my Sim had just learned couples counseling.

You can't leave a warring couple alone for a minute...my Sim went to the bathroom and when she came back out her friends were mixing it up. *facepalm* Oh, and my Sim, being outgoing, stood there and cheered them on!

(That's why I have a hack were apologies give the relationship a MAJOR boost. It's really stupid when Sims apologize to each other, then the very next second they're at it again.)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 9:31 AM
A real stupidity of the sim logic:

A sim is ready to go up two floors to put a empty coffee cup on a table, when they're standing just next to a dishwasher. But the same sim will drop a baby on the cold hard floor instead of putting the kid in a very nearby crib!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 1:56 PM
Yep, that's why I have a lot of Pescado's annoyance-fixing mods...to curb the stupidity of pixels.
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:16 PM
when the Bladder meter turn red, my sims run and sit on toilet. but after a few second they stand again and peeing on floor.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:52 PM
okay I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but I never understood why people would elect to get rid of some of the Sims quirky if not stupid behavior, I know that it might be infuriating to see the Sims do stupid things, but I find their stupidity endearing, and those moments when you shake your head and want to scream at your pixels funny. That's why I love this thread because It makes me laugh that I'm not the only one who has to deal with airheaded Simmies, and finds amusement in their ignorance.
Page 2 of 8