Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:40 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 27th Jan 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Default Sim bursting out in flames-Solved
Hello,
I'm tring to make a summoning podium with special effects. I have tried adding fire effect when the "summoning" starts ,but insted of ground fire-my sim bursts out in flames. I have read lots and lots of articles(could be because of my poor English) but everytime i make a change, my game crashes or i loose the effect at all.
I tried this tut and when i try to add it to my podium-the fire never starts ot crashes.

Here's a link of my object(it's a clone from base game's punching bag)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mesh_SummonSatan_ByL_Podium_SimInFlame.rar (38.7 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 3:06 AM
Try changing your node 0x7 to [prim 0x0070] Effect Stop/Start (Soft start effect, Target: Stack Object ID 0x0000, targeting slot: 0x01, "fireLgHuge" [Effect:0x00 (Private)], icon: no icon, Priority: False, model: default).

Operands:
00 0A 00 00 00 00 01 00
00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00

Me (or My Object) is the Sim running the interaction. Stack Object is the object itself. Echo explains it better here (specifically in the "Me" and the "Stack Object" part). If I recall correctly, the numbering is the order of the slots per type as listed in the SLOT, so that is why it is Target slot 0x1 (since it is the first Target slot).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 8:11 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 26th Jan 2012 at 9:08 AM.
Ok i did it and it worked. But how do i stop the fire after the summoning stops? When i cancel my summoning,the animation playes until it finishes,i expected the same to happen to the fire as well. But instead it keeps burning.
Screenshots
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 7:22 PM
You need to run a BHAV node that tells it to stop. Select node 0x7 and click on the "Add" button. This will add a new node, node 0x9, which is a duplicate of your effects BHAV node. Since it is a duplicate of that node, it will likely have its True Target pointing at node 0x8 and its False Target as "Return False". Change the True Target to "Return True". Then change the first operand to 2:
02 0A 00 00 00 00 01 00
00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
...resulting in [prim 0x0070] Effect Stop/Start (Soft stop effect, Target: Stack Object ID 0x0000, targeting slot: 0x01, "fireLgHuge" [Effect:0x00 (Private)], icon: no icon, Priority: False, model: default).

Right now, no nodes lead to node 0x9 so it will not run. So select your node 0x8 and change its True Target to 0x9. Now when your end the interaction, "Wait For Notify" will proceed through the "True Target" to the newly added node 0x9 which turns off the effect.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 10:25 AM
Thank you ,Thank you ,Thank you !!!!! It worked perfectly