Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 4363 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:37 PM
Default what happened to A+ coupons?
I remember when I first got Nightlife I had a family and one of the kids got an A+, and the next day I made her check the mail and a pop up thing said something like "For getting an A+, you get 20% off your next meal at any restaurant downtown!" and when I went, before I paid I clicked the thing that said "Use coupon". Does anyone else remember this or am I just imagining this? :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:39 PM
i once had received coupons, it was also a discount for restaurants, but i dont remember why they got it, the father checked the mailbox and found it.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:49 PM
I still get them. I got one recently but I can't remember what the text said. I've used them a few times..they're pretty nifty.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:53 PM
I never heard of that, and I've had Nightlife (well, Double Deluxe) for close to two years. Interesting.

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:56 PM
This talks about rewards for dates down at the bottom of the page.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 12:13 AM
I get date coupons all the time; the kid getting one for good grades is a new one on me.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 3:07 AM
I never got a coupon for good grades. Are you sure that your kid didn't get a chance card that popped up and said that his relatives had decided to give him $200 for getting good grades? I get that one all the time...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:09 AM
I've never gotten a coupon. I feel left out.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerf1950
I never got a coupon for good grades. Are you sure that your kid didn't get a chance card that popped up and said that his relatives had decided to give him $200 for getting good grades? I get that one all the time...

No, I'm sure it was a coupon cause it was in her inventory. I don't know, no one else remembers it so I'm starting to feel like I imagined it or something
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 5:42 AM
i never got coupons either is there a way for businesses to give them out that would be awesome. I think it is weird if dates give them because that makes no sense to me because they already drop off gifts at thier doors
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 8:52 AM
I have only gotten those if I have had a date that included dining out. Then it came in the post. I wonder if I had it on outings (also dining included) as well, but I am not sure on that part.
Never had one for good grades, and my sim kids almost always have A+.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 2:07 PM
The "date" one is, I believe, actually a reward for a good reputation. I always get them in the mail after I get that pop-up about how other sims are seeing that the active sim is a good person and s/he'll have good things coming her/his way soon. Since I date more heavily than I do scored outings, and standard date wants like kissing, flirting, and admiring count as positive actions, it would make sense that I would experience them as date rewards even if they are triggered by a mechanic that generates coupons for improving your reputation while in a scored scenario at a community lot with a dining podium.

I see three possible explanations for that memory, all about equally likely:
1) NL had a coupon reward for good grades that was overwritten in the next EP and your memory is better than everybody else's.
2) A kid got an A+, then fetched the mail and got the coupon to put in his inventory (it goes into the inventory of whoever gets the mail), and your brain backengineered the pop-up dialog to explain its presence
3) You switched universes and the you in your old universe, who used to be in this one, is presently posting: "Suddenly my sim kids are getting 20% off coupons! I only ever got them after good dates before" in that universe's MTS board.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 3:26 PM
I like explanation #3. Very Doctor Who.

The Pleasantview Files, an online information site for my Pleasantview legacy.

Section jump