Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 6:17 PM
Default Kilt from Sims 2 for Sims 3
I purchased the Sims 3 kilt from the EA store and then found to my horror that it was not classified for "formal". How many Scots wear kilts to muck out the stables? Does anyone know where I can get a conversion of the kilt in Sims 2, or how to reclassify the EA store's kilt for formal?

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 6:44 PM
You can use Twallen's Master Controller (found here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Phase+Six ) to disable the Clothing Filter which will remove the clothing category filter in CAS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:34 AM
Thanks...this looks rather scary, but I'll give it a try.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 8:39 PM
I tried it, but obviously I am missing something. It was just a package file so I put it under "Mods" but it does nothing at all so far as I can see. Could someone enlighten me please. Thanks

Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:17 PM
Hi bettye! (Remember me? I converted your medieval men's plumed hat and monk's hood for TS3 a while back. Hope all's well with you! Aside from the kilt, that is!)

Are you saying that you have it in .package file format, not a .sims3pack which is how it originally came? If it's been converted to .package, you can quickly and easily amend the categories with Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool (CTU) http://www.modthesims.info/d/364926 . I have that kilt too, it was one of the first TS3 Store items just after TS3 came out which were not in encrypted protected format (the later Store items are encrypted and can't be opened, at least not without certain hacks), back when I bought the kilt in 2009, so it's openable with CTU if it has been converted from .sims3pack to .package.

If the same applies to the kilt file you have, you can do the following:

Install CTU per the instructions on its page (it requires a couple of other things to be installed first for it to work). Run CTU, choose File, Open and select your kilt .package file. Once the file is opened, click the Part Category tab. On that screen, under Category, click Formal (and any other categories you'd like it for, if any). Then click the Commit button on the lower right side, then File, Save, and you're done.

I hope that does the trick!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:34 AM
Thanks. I think I have a .sims3pack, which is what I bought, but I managed to find it under DCbackup with the name of 0xff141edd55etc.etc.etc. .package. I will try that and see if it works. In Sims 2 I would have been able to do it somehow or other, even if I had to make a new mesh for it, but I have macular degeneration and cannot see well enough to do meshes anymore...or at least to read the directions on how to do meshes in Sims 3. Love the job you did on my hat and hood.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:56 AM
Well Oops!! The CASUnitool worked great on something else I wanted to reclassify, but I apparently cannot use the DCbackup version of the kilt. Rats!

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 1:26 AM
Did you BUY it from the Store? If so, I'd try finding a decrapified version- EA might've added some coding to forbid people from changing it.

That cat isn't Pepper. Pepper is a bird. Not a cat.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 1:49 AM
Default Kilt
Yes, I bought it from the store. Where on earth would one find a decrappified version?

Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bettye
I tried it, but obviously I am missing something. It was just a package file so I put it under "Mods" but it does nothing at all so far as I can see. Could someone enlighten me please. Thanks

I've just looked at how to use Master Controller to do this - I use Master Controller but haven't used it for recategorising clothes, so had to experiment, and this is what you do:

Click on your sim who you want to dress in the kilt, and then in the pie menu that comes up, you get an option called Nraas (that's how you access Master Controller - it's a new added menu option rather than an object you can see in the game). Click Nraas, then click Master Controller in the next pie menu that comes up.

In Master Controller's menu, choose Settings. Then in the next screen, click CAS, then next screen click Disable Clothing Filter. This will change that option's value from False to True. Then click the check mark to OK this.

Then, again click your sim and go back into Master Controller. This time, choose Advanced, then Edit in CAS. Your sim will now appear in CAS and you will find the clothing from all the categories, plus a load of unlocked outfits you never normally see, in each category you go into. Hopefully your kilt will now appear under Formal!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th May 2012 at 6:48 PM
Thanks...I just figured out how to do it. Unfortunately I also tryed to change a teenager back into a toddler using NRaas and the result is that all my toddlers and children are as tall as teenagers, very skinny, and look like the aliens in Close Encounters. I should have stopped at disabling the clothing filter!!! lol