Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 4541 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Sim Libby : 6th Feb 2012 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Default Blanc lots with EnableLotLocking (answered)
Hi everybody,

I hope I found the right subforum for my question. If not, I apologize and please let me know (and redirect me).

I have my own website about The Sims 3 and CAW and a while ago I made lists about the recommended and necessary lot items to get the most out of the functionality of the different lot types you can set.

Now I'am reorganising my lists and because I wanted to check something I went to EIG in France, Egypte and China. Because in those country's you get some options that you don't get in for instance Sunset Valley, like set a lot to basecamp.

Some lots, like the basecamp, can only be editted if first using the cheat "EnableLotLocking true".

I also wanted to know when the lot type "Hidden tomb" gets available. So I tryed this cheat to find that out. And yes, this lot type gets available. But I also saw that there were some lots that where blanc and that the lot criminal bar gets available. But when you go to build/buy of the criminal bar and go back to EIG the lot has changed tot just Bar.

The images are Dutch, but I think you get the idea.

A couple of times, after installing Pets, I had the same. This was, I think, a bug. But this blanco lots dissapears when I deactivated the cheat. So I don't think it's a bug.

Also those blanc lot show when entering the cheat in Sunset Valley. I tryed to figure out what those lots do. I can set a lot with this blanc type and the game gives a validation: "Lot type change. Lot set as: <blanc> ". When I went to Build/Buy I did not see something that would explain this accept that the game sees this blanc lot as public because the tab Public items (where the rabbitholes are) was available and I could not choose everything to place from buy mode.

So does anybody know what this is? Also what this criminal bar means? What those blanc lots do, If they do anything. What is there purpose? Mayby those lots are meant to edit within those .ini files I read about (never did something with that though, I have some more learning to do) so you can create you're own lot types. Or mayby, on my part, this is very creative interpretation for something that is in fact more obvious that I haven't thought off. Or mayby this are some of the rabbitholes like city hall you can only choose when set a lot in CAW. A lot of mayby's, I have no idea.

I would ask at the Dutch forum but I hardly ever ask questions but when I do most people don't know the answer (this comment is not meant as an insult but as something that happenend the few times I did ask a question). But at MTS, that's a different story. Most of my information I get from reading MTS threads of people who are involved with this site.

Thank you,
Greetings Libby
Advertisement
Edge Of Darkness
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 6:21 PM
The blank lot types I think are probably developer code; it seems that often they put placeholders for future lot types in the list (in the same way as people can look through the installation files and see code for future game features).

In the same way, we still have some archaic code in there- for example, the lot zonings for the rabbitholes ('City Hall', 'Book Store' etc.,) are not used- you should use the rabbithole buildings instead.

For the criminal bar, perhaps that is a duplication, as they have the bars listed as something like KEP3 Dive Bar Irish, whereas the lot information itself will give 'Local Watering Hole'.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 7:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
In the same way, we still have some archaic code in there- for example, the lot zonings for the rabbitholes ('City Hall', 'Book Store' etc.,) are not used- you should use the rabbithole buildings instead.

Thank you for your quick response. This is very helpfull.

I'am not sure if I understand above quote and I proberly go a little bit off topic.

So for my own overview:

I know it's not possible to set those rabbitholes lot types within The Sims 3 and that you have to choose something like Visiters allow/not allowed. Right? And then you can place a rabbithole building from the Build mode/Public items.

But in CAW itself you can choose City Hall, Bookstore, etc. to set a lot with, and place the rabbitholes in EIG. Are you saying not to do that? Does this lottypes give problems when exporting and playing the world? Does this lot setting automatically change/converted in something like Visiters not allowed (for example).

I know a little bit of CAW and on the Sims 3 Dutch forum I help people with CAW but I still have to make my first world. Irony.
Edge Of Darkness
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 7:40 PM
Yes, you need to (in CAW) set the lot type to 'Visitors allowed' or 'No visitors allowed' for example, and then place the rabbithole buildings to get the rabbithole map tag. If you try to set the lot type in CAW as one of the rabbithole types, I think you'll find that EIG will completely wipe the lot zoning when you save.

To clarify, you can have almost any lot zone to place a rabbithole upon.

For example, I have a club which also has a theatre on it, a large park which also has a bookstore on it and a hidden tomb which has a subway on it.

As with the in-game lot zoning, CAW seems to display zonings that are no longer necessary.

-RUSH
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Sim Libby : 6th Feb 2012 at 9:03 PM. Reason: forgot something
Quote:
Yes, you need to (in CAW) set the lot type to 'Visitors allowed' or 'No visitors allowed' for example, and then place the rabbithole buildings to get the rabbithole map tag. If you try to set the lot type in CAW as one of the rabbithole types, I think you'll find that EIG will completely wipe the lot zoning when you save.

Thank you very much. I know a little bit more than I did a few ours ago and I'am gone include this information with my lists on my site with a reference to you and this topic.

Although I believe you, I'am gone try this meself in CAW to see what happens. After all, there is no substitute for personal experience.

Thank you,
Greetings Libby

PS. I put (answered) behind the tittle of this topic. I always do that. If that's not oke at MTS please let me know.
Edge Of Darkness
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Libby
T
Although I believe you, I'am gone try this meself in CAW to see what happens. After all, there is no substitute for personal experience.

Of course, I'm not infallible so it's always best to check what anyone tells you!

-RUSH
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Sim Libby : 7th Feb 2012 at 8:45 PM. Reason: Additional info
Quote:
Of course, I'm not infallible so it's always best to check what anyone tells you!

I made two lots in an empty CAW map: one lot set as City hall, the other as Visitors allowed, saved, went to EIG and the lot City hall had changed to No visitors allowed, the other stayed the same. On both lots I put Twinbrook City hall, saved, went back to CAW, saw that in one of the tabs (I don't know the English word for it, I mean the tab next to meta) the lot zoning also had changed to No Visitors allowed (instead of City hall) and exported the world. The Sims 3 map showed two icons City hall and both lots were called City hall. My sim could use both city halls. I did not test this for long. In one city hall I let my sim get a job, the other I used to give my sim a lesson.

This little experiment made me wonder something: what about the lot zoning Residential citylot. When using this lot zoning in CAW, in EIG the lot says nothing: no name, no lot zone, nothing. But back in CAW the lot is still marked as city lot. Does this lot zoning is only of any meaning when a world is marked a city? Or is there no meaning to this lot zone. I had hoped this type would give the special apartment mailbox, but the regular one shows.

I started googeling and, as always, when I google with CAW and any questions I have, I come across ... you: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=458079

Quote:
One zone type I do like though is the 'hidden tomb' zoning- that is only available in CAW (not in game).

This hidden tomb can be set in the game. I refer to my first post. I entered "EnableLotLocking true" in the Sims 3 EIG China map, than looked at the lot zoning. Hidden tombe was there. In Sunset Valley afcourse this lot is not available not even after entering the cheat. Mayby you now this already at this time but, if you don't, I thought to let you know. I do have to say, I did not take this lot setting Hidden tomb for a test drive by setting this lot in game and than build a tomb for playing. Mayby then it becomes a different story, I don't now.

This is Dutch but the Dutch word Tombe doesn't need any translating.

EDIT:
Well today I did my experiment again, I'am still busy at the moment, only this time I made sure I did not forget this city lot. Not only that, I made a small world and from every EP I have chosen some lot zoning. Now I'am in EIG to place some houses, public places and rabbitholes and to see which lot zoning CAW has replaced with No vistors allowed (liked happend with city hall). I used a couple of lot zoning that only exist in CAW and are not an option within The Sims 3, like for example the hospital.Because I think those lote zoning will convert to No Visiters allowed. A took a couple of lot zoning that also are available in the Sims 3, like a library. Because I think they proberly stay the same but I want to see it for meself. So now I have a small wordl with 30 lots on it with all different lot zoning. After I'am finished with EIG I'am gone export it to see which icons will show in The Sims 3 and how the lots are recognized and called by the game. I leave two lots empty: the EquestrianCenter because I made the lot size to small, and the residential lot city lot because I want to see how the game recognizes this lot.

In the meantime I make some pictures so I can put it on my site with a description of my personal experience with this lot settings, because know I have that.

When I asked my question last night I was to lazy to figure it out meself, I had just finished my experiment before I realised I had forgotten about this city lot. Today I leave nothing to change, hence my world with 30 lots and different lot zoning in it. I thought to let you know.

Thank you. You have been a great help.
Greetings,
Libby