Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 908 (Who?), Viewed: 153595 times.
Page 15 of 37
Scholar
#351 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:23 PM
I usually use Carl's list, Cali. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/s...ecting/gems.php

It's in the format of "Cut gems worth $____ to ____ with this cut, cut gems worth ____ to ___ with that cut," etc. Same with metals.

EDIT: Or, basically, what Katya said. That'll teach me to refresh a tab I've had sitting open for too long...

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#352 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:19 PM Last edited by kewpie : 8th Mar 2012 at 3:28 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaca0076
kewpie, I'm on a Mac and I have WA, maybe you just couldn't find it where you were shopping?

I was talking about the digital downloads on Amazon. The disks are both Mac and PC on all EPs. But the digital downloads are Mac or PC specific (I don't want boot camp)

I had to start over. Something went terribly wrong in my game and I was unable to enter my own house or change floors. I tried various fixes, but I think I kept making things worse
Test Subject
#353 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:32 AM
I really enjoy this challenge.
I made a blog for my playthrough.
http://kindlerlegcy.blogspot.com.au/

What are the conditions to unlock the new showtime lots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#354 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:36 AM
I do not have showtime and know nothing about it, so unfortunately I can't answer that question. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on it soon. If I'm able to, I'll come up with tentative rules regarding the expansion pack even before that.
Scholar
#355 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:08 AM
*Points fingers* Zoku has it.

I might be getting it this weekend depending on how I do on my comm assignment this week. (1 hour to write a paper worth 10% of our overall mark. Oh god)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#356 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyaD
*Points fingers* Zoku has it.

I might be getting it this weekend depending on how I do on my comm assignment this week. (1 hour to write a paper worth 10% of our overall mark. Oh god)
i don't have wa, pets, gen, and now showtime, and that isn't even including the stuff packs.... i'll never have em all it seems.
Instructor
#357 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:23 AM
I was going to get it today, but I was struck down by vertigo. I've been practically horizontal all day...

I restarted this challenge yesterday, still using Jolene, but in Sunset Valley 2. It's flat and doesn't have any lots set out like Finnington, which will force me to try and plan and I'm thinking I'll build as many as I can compared to using the premade ones.

Jolene is working towards the bookstore. She married Grady Elfman and I'm working him towards the diner. Their son Liam will work towards a supermarket I think, and their other kids (non-existent so far) will work towards lots that don't require skill, graveyard and the like, as long as I can afford them before I want to move them out.
Field Researcher
#358 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:57 AM
omg can't anyone create a nice world that is only base game that has the ability to hold enough lots for any number of expansion packs but they are not necessary and oh yes, doesn't use any custom content or store content, is that so hard to ask, i have been searching and i can't come up with one that fills all those requirements, bc a world like that i could make all my challenges work, and all the worlds i have downloaded have some issue, they are too spread out or something...... i am sooo annoyed and im sorry ranting here, this just happened to be where my browsing ended me. I have tried making worlds myself but i suck!
Scholar
#359 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:03 AM
I know this site has at least a handful of base game compatible worlds.

http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html

Scholar
#360 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dove
I really enjoy this challenge.
I made a blog for my playthrough.
http://kindlerlegcy.blogspot.com.au/

What are the conditions to unlock the new showtime lots?

I don't even know if they're buyable yet, but I'll add it to my list of stuff to find out when I get this beast installed.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Alchemist
#361 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:21 PM
Here's my progress report with pics:

Instructor
#362 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerhai
omg can't anyone create a nice world that is only base game that has the ability to hold enough lots for any number of expansion packs but they are not necessary and oh yes, doesn't use any custom content or store content, is that so hard to ask, i have been searching and i can't come up with one that fills all those requirements, bc a world like that i could make all my challenges work, and all the worlds i have downloaded have some issue, they are too spread out or something...... i am sooo annoyed and im sorry ranting here, this just happened to be where my browsing ended me. I have tried making worlds myself but i suck!

As ReyaD said, and I have told you before in response to your previous rant, I am very sure of that, those worlds do exist.

www.mysimrealty.com has quite a few.

Have you perhaps thought of the possibility that it is not the worlds that are messing up your game?? It could just be that you computer can't handle all the content you installed. That is mostly my issue, and I just accept it or find ways around it. If you are sure it is the custom worlds, then I'd just suggest you use an EA world.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap -- if you're smart, if you value your continued existence --there's one thing you never -- ever, put in a trap...... Me." - the Doctor.

The Purpose of Life - A Nothing for Free Legacy
The Crist Legacy - A Random Legacy
Scholar
#363 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:25 PM
@ReyaD - Thanks for posting that site. I don't have WA and it seems that almost all custom worlds have WA. I also have a Mac and CAW doesn't exist for us. So I've been stuck.

Here is a question you guys might be experiencing. What is the most efficient way to place and get rid of spawners? For some reason in my initial deletion of Sunset Valley, the bugs all vanished except for one. I didn't want to go to individual empty lots just to place a bunch of bugs here and there. The rocks and seeds were OK, but the fish spawners were really weird. There were lots of fish jumping around in the grass on various lots. Also, the former junkyard spot kept spawning random trash even though there was no junkyard anymore. I don't know if it also spawned scrap where the piles used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Alchemist
#364 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
@ReyaD - Thanks for posting that site. I don't have WA and it seems that almost all custom worlds have WA. I also have a Mac and CAW doesn't exist for us. So I've been stuck.

Here is a question you guys might be experiencing. What is the most efficient way to place and get rid of spawners? For some reason in my initial deletion of Sunset Valley, the bugs all vanished except for one. I didn't want to go to individual empty lots just to place a bunch of bugs here and there. The rocks and seeds were OK, but the fish spawners were really weird. There were lots of fish jumping around in the grass on various lots. Also, the former junkyard spot kept spawning random trash even though there was no junkyard anymore. I don't know if it also spawned scrap where the piles used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The only way is to go into the lot, turn on BuyDebug and individually remove/place spawners. Spawners on lots will remain even after you've bulldozed, so it does leave fish swimming in the grass and junkyard spawners spawning junk if you don't go in and remove them.
Scholar
#365 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:30 PM
I have a mac as well, so I just made sure to buddy up to the CAW builders xD.

Update!

Ch. 10 - Facts of Life http://evansimslegacy.blogspot.com/...ts-of-life.html

Seriously though. IF dolls are creepy.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#366 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:09 PM
Creepy but I love them and I'm so glad I finally got Generations and can have them. <3
Lab Assistant
#367 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:18 PM
Well, I downloaded patch and now game seems a little glitchy. So im starting a new one. It was getting too easy and a little boring anyway so hopefully this one will be a bit more challenging AND im hoping to blog it as well, but im new to blogging so that might not happen.
Alchemist
#368 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:29 PM
I use a mod that completely disables the IF doll from coming. I thought about removing it for this challenge, but not even for the bonus NPC will I put up with another IF again, ever.
I seriously, seriously loathe those things, lol.
Forum Resident
#369 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
calisims, I was the opposite and removed my less chance of IF because I was concerned about population issues. Despite supposingly only having a 50% chance of occuring, every single one of my children has received one. I'm going to be turning the IFs either towards the end of the teen lifestage or the beginning of the young adult stage -- and I've just thought of a question, can Imaginary Friends gain a lot of their own?

Not played much recently: my eldest two children have become teens and are starting work towards their own lots (Leah -- Brave, Shy, Bookworm, Athletic -- is going for the Military base, Julian -- Insane, Loves the Outdoors, Can't Stand Art, Genius --might be going for the hospital if they can get money). Third child Beth is a child (Genius, Brave, Artistic) and will be aiming for the police department, while fourth child Melody (Friendly, Virtuoso) will likely be going for the theatre. Davin has maxed writing, Mimi has maxed Sculpting, and we're just waiting on the money now -- Julian helps by using the collection helper and picking up anything that might be worth some money.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Alchemist
#370 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:06 PM
If I were to play with the NPC restrictions, I'd reconsider my no IF policy. I just really hated the way it would follow my kid into the bathroom all the time. The poor kid never got finish a pee or a shower because ZhenZhen was always walking in on her.
Also, they just creep me out in general, lol.
Instructor
#371 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:09 PM
I have a mod that makes them less likely to appear...I never had an IF since I installed it...until I started playing this challenge...every child in my family has one of those bloody things! But they make perfect mates...

"Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap -- if you're smart, if you value your continued existence --there's one thing you never -- ever, put in a trap...... Me." - the Doctor.

The Purpose of Life - A Nothing for Free Legacy
The Crist Legacy - A Random Legacy
Scholar
#372 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:57 PM Last edited by kewpie : 8th Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM.
Edit: Instead of removing fame, I just made it really hard to get (with HP's mod.) Nobody should accidentally become a celebrity when he never leaves the lot and does nothing but paint or sculpt all day. My tester sims all became celebrities doing nothing but skilling.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#373 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya_stevens
can Imaginary Friends gain a lot of their own?

All Sims may earn a lot, no matter where they're from.
Alchemist
#374 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalikia
All Sims may earn a lot, no matter where they're from.

Does that include sims that have been invited over from vacation destinations and already have really high skill levels in their home countries skill (ie photography/martial arts/nectar making)? I had a sim move in with 10 martial arts points once (when playing a different challenge) - if that happens with my Nothing Is Free sims can that sim earn a lot based on having maxed the martial arts skill or not?
Scholar
#375 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:19 AM
Yeah I'm actually curious about that too since when Ginger married Jarred he joined the family with level 9 photography. But I didn't have access to buying a camera so I just ignored it.

Also I NEED to post a spoiler photo of teen Ellie. She's just... just... <3

Page 15 of 37

Section jump