Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 2713 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Griffindork-Nep : 4th Oct 2014 at 6:30 PM. Reason: Major Update
Default The Consort of the Kingdom Challenge! [FINISHED]
V.7 EDIT - FINALLY FINISHED WOOO! The next updates will likely be grammatical fixes or changing rules and stuff. There's not really a point system since I've never personally used them before, so I'm not sure how they'd incorporate into a such a story based challenge. But yes, you can FINALLY play this challenge to the END! WOOOOOO. *silently cheers in corner*

Yo, the name is Griffindork! I’ve never made a challenge before but… I’m excited! Yeah. Excited. Good one Griffindork.
--BACKSTORY--

You are sitting down in a specially tailored suit/dress as you hear the wedding bells chime from the nearby bell tower. People swarm you, asking for signings, to bestow them with gold - for you to sit down and be painted! You are the new consort of the holy king/queen him/herself and this is the life that you were forced into.

*For the sake of my sanity, you shall be referred to as a she and the monarch a king for the remainder of the backstory.

It all started when you were a mere teenager, the king himself was about the tender age of say, seventeen. You were about several years younger, not yet old enough to be married, that would have to wait until you were about seventeen yourself. He locked eyes with you on his coronation, you being a cheering citizen. However, he thought of you to exceedingly beautiful in your manner and appearance and invited you for tea.

From that day onward, he was absolutely smitten. However, I shall not lie to you and say that he has been faithful, no, he is certainly having quite the romp with the countesses and counts and even peasants of the land. He still never lost interest in you, for some reason, much to your dismay or glee.

And then here you are today, dear consort, in a wedding dress and living the life as a queen who was never asked if she wanted to be special.

-MODS AND SUGGESTED EXPANSIONS--

Ahem, yes, it is time for this dreaded moment. You don’t need these but they’ll improve gameplay by a LOT. I suggest just getting the traveler mod.

Traveler Mod - Yes. As you are the consort, you have to maintain polite and even… romantic relationships with your neighboring kingdoms in order to keep peace. Of course, you may wish to do the in fact opposite! However, both approaches may lead to certain consequences… However, there may be a time where you need to flee to your most friendly ally and live with them for a while… (Not needed; suggested)
World Adventures - Same thing as the traveler mod, your fellow kingdoms live in the game’s countries or other towns. Not needed but highly suggested.
Oh, look! I lack further input.


--SETTINGS--
Seasons and etc.
Set your seasons to 7 days per each season and change the YA and A lifestages to 30 days. The teenage stage should be about 15 days, everything else besides those can be left up to your desires.

--Rules--
1. The consort may not leave the castle after 6:30 PM without the king. Before 6:30 PM the consort must be accompanied by a knight. If the consort sneaks out and it is noticed, the consort will be locked in her room for the next seven hours.
2. A child may not leave the mansion at any time without a knight. If the child goes out without a guard and encounters a rogue, the child automatically dies.
3. A teenager of the royal family must attend at least three marriage interviews or a sort of arranged date with a suggested future significant other. These suggested significant others are arranged in order from best to worst : Heirs of other kingdoms, aristocratic family, members of the church, peasants and rogues. Peasants and below are considered scum and if the teenager is caught having an affair or romance with one they must be kicked out of the castle and be forced to live with said significant other.
4. If a royal family member besides the king/queen such as the consort kills a member of the aristocracy and it is in public, the consort or whatever family member who did the murder must visit the family of the church and pray for forgiveness every day from 1:00 PM to 6:00PM everyday for two days. By ‘begging for forgiveness’ just turn off free will and have the sim sit in a chair for the designated time.
5. Slaves may be murdered at will, no punishment will occur except the likely sadness of the king.
6. There shall be no television nor any electronics. The sole source of music shall be from instruments and singing. The kingdom gets information from town meetings.
7. Town meetings are to be hosted at least once per week. Town meetings should be hosted at the castle and only members of the church and aristocratic peoples are able to come. The rest must wait for word of mouth.
8. If all rogues have been killed, you have essentially cleared your kingdom of crime. However, you must remember that you may only kill rogues if you accidentally encounter them. And even then, it is very unlikely that you are able to.
9. Sometimes, if a political situation insists, you may be forced to travel to a kingdom. In this other kingdom you must converse with the royal family and become accustomed to the culture for several days. This is normally for strengthening bonds with another kingdom.
10. You may invite members of the church or aristocracy once a week outside of events, rolls, days, etc. In order to strengthen the bonds between you all. However, ONCE A WEEK!


-CAS-
The Consort - Pretty much, YOU! The consort is expected to be beautiful, all other aspects are up to you. The consort may be of any race or gender you wish and you may give the consort any trait BUT unlucky or lucky.

The King/Queen - The dude/chick you were forcefully married to. Whether you like him/her or not is your choice, but at times he can be very promiscuous and is a almost renowned cheater. You should give him at least three of these traits : Flirty, Hopeless Romantic, Hot Headed, Diva, Social Butterfly, Great Kisser, Friendly, Disciplined.

Servants - There should be two servants, each specializing in a certain field. Servant number one should be a female who cooks and cleans like an average servant, her traits should be : Disciplined, Neat, Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Natural Cook . The second servant is more of a royal knight, his traits should be : Athletic, Disciplined, Slob, Brave and Loves the Outdoors.

Slave(s) - By the king’s orders, he demands that slavery is permitted and each royal caste should have at least one. Himself, however, may or may not have a slave if he so wishes. The slaves are considered concubines for the king and produce a second in line heir for the royal family in case you like, screw up. The slave/concubine should be Flirty, Charismatic, Hopeless Romantic, Loves Children and Great Kisser.

Neighboring Kingdoms - You need to make at least THREE other families or use three families that you have already made and place them in different towns besides your own. Example : My royal family resides in Sunset valley, the Moon family lives in Twinbrook, the Eclipse family lives in China and the Equinox family lives in Hidden Springs. They may have whatever traits you want and you may even give them certain characteristics if you so wish. (If you lack a copy of World Adventures, I'll really just leave it up to you for what you want to figure out. One suggestion is that you keep the foreign Kingdoms in your own world, trust me, it works.)

Citizens - Have two aristocratic families, three peasant families, one rogue family and one family of the church. Design them whatever way you wish, the family of church’s members may or may not be corrupted. I will discuss how that will change the challenge later blah blah.

--FAMILY OF THE CHURCH--
The family of the church are essentially the religious bringers of your kingdom. You, the consort, do not actually agree with their views. However, if you do not have a relationship that is not at least ‘good friends’ you may find your kingdom under siege by your own citizens! For everyday that you are not ‘good friends’ with the family of the church you must roll a 20 sided dice. If it is less than 10 then you are in fact under siege! Go to the ‘Being attacked’ section for more information about how to deal with this rebellion.

However, as you gain more respect as the consort, you may be able to change the views of your people to match yours. This will also greatly anger the church and will cause them to ATTEMPT ASSASSINATION! If you did have this occur to you, please go to the ‘Assassination Attempts’ section to see what your fate may be! However, if you manage to not get assassinated then congratulations!



--THE PEASANTS--
Every kingdom has them. They’re pretty much the lower class plebs of your society and they can either despise you or love you. Marriage to a peasant is considered socially taboo and may cause your name to be blurred. However, in the case a child of yours ends up falling in love with a peasant they must be removed from the family and placed with the peasant's, essentially being lowered to the status of one. However, in the case of death of both the King and Queen (hey it could happen bro), the lowered peasant descendant can become a leader.


--THE ARISTOCRATS--
Ah, the Aristocrats. The Aristocrats of your society are well mannered people and it is considered okay for your future children to marry them. However, it is prefered that your future children end up marrying well, a neighboring kingdom’s heir.

The aristocratic people of your society are heavily involved with politics and you may have ONE political adviser who you consult every time you need advice. For more info on political advisers, go to ‘POLITICAL ADVISERS’.
That’s about it. Yeah. Smooth. *slaps self*

--THE ROGUES--
Pretty much the downright poorest of your people, they live to rebel and screw stuff up for you. They steal and all and they may occasionally try to assassinate you. If you, the consort, walk near a rogue you must go to the ‘Assassination Attempts’ area and roll your fate.

If a guard walks near a rogue, however, the guard immediately initiates a battle with the rogue. Roll your twenty sided dice.

0-12 = The match is a draw, nobody wins and the guard retreats back to the castle.

13-17 = Your guard is killed. You must recruit another citizen of your village to take his place, meaning CAS time, place a random pleb into your family or just put a random sim that you created in the past into your family. They cannot be athletic as they were not trained all their life to serve you.

18-20 = You manage to kill the rogue, one less to worry about...

====
----BUILDINGS---
The Main kingdom’s Lot - The main kingdom’s lot is to be grand and amazing pretty much. You may use Motherlode two times for its construction if needed. It should have 1 kitchen, 2 dining rooms (One for personal use, other for parties and gathering and etc.), 3 bedrooms, 1 master bedroom, as many bathrooms as you need, 1 underground cage room, 1 living room and one swimming room.
However, if you have already made a castle in the past and have it saved/whatever or if you know a castle you could download, you are free to use that.

And if you are really lazy like I am 24/7, just use the most expensive mansion-like home you can find in the pre-made houses and just plop it down. It’s okay, I know that feel.

Other Kingdom Lots - Same as main kingdom’s lot, though it does not need as much detail and etc. You can simply use the most expensive vacation houses in the Sims 3 World Adventure’s countries. Like, in France, there’s this really chill mansion thing that I always wanted to get and all. If you don’t have WA, however, just get use some of your other towns and plop something in there, I don’t mind.

Aristocratic Family Lots - You may use motherlode only ONCE, the home is expected to be nice and wonderful and almost mansion like but NOT as a good as the royal family’s house. Have fun.

Family of The Church’s Lot - The Family of The Church pretty much live in a church/place of prayer. They should have bedrooms, a kitchen, two bathrooms and yanno, pretty much the same as aristocrat except with a church nearby ‘cause I said so.

Peasant Lots - The peasants basically live in a one bedroom and one bathroom little house in a large garden/farm. The objects in the houses are expected to be cheap and well, peasantry.

The Rogue Lot - The rogue is pretty much a small abandoned home quite the distance away from the castle. Decorate as you wish.

The Town Prison - Jail cells and a place for a jailkeeper to live, nothing special. Add a jail-keeper later.

Town Pub - What? People have to have SOME place to hangout! It’s okay, you don’t need to build this. Just have at least one place for your bros to like, hangout.


-------------------------------------------------------------------
! ! ! EVENTS ! ! !
-------------------------------------------------------------------


--Assassination Attempts--
Somehow you managed to get over here and you screwed up somewhere by being eligible for assassination. Will you survive? Will you not? Read below.

Get your 20 sided dice out again! It’s party time.

0 to 7 = They almost got you! You are forced to stay in your room for two days to heal and you are not able to leave your room! Also, your respect from the people either increases or decreases. It decreases if you rolled an odd number and increases if you roll an even number!
Decrease in respect : -5
Increase in respect : 5
7 to 14 = They completely screwed up in their plans to kill you and you’re alright. Your guard will constantly be at your side and watching, meaning that your sims outside going plans are quite cancelled and you must stay indoors for the entire day. Also, if the assassination attempt was written into the day, continue with the day.

14 to 20 = Ooh… You’re dead. The kingdom mourns for months and as quickly as possible, the king secures his fate with his concubine! However, if you do not have a concubine in your family, the king is forced to marry a neighboring country’s heir. If you get this ending then you have failed the challenge! If you want, you can start over as the king’s newly concubine waifu.

--Political Advisers--
As soon as you become good friends with all your Aristocrats, choose one to be your political adviser. This political adviser shall become your most trusted ally in the castle will try to help you.

However, this political adviser you have chosen with technically be ME. Because well, that little buddy over there can’t tell you advance military tactics used by the French! Just message me with your problem and I will give you my best course of action. However, your political adviser (me) may have other ideas about what’s best for the kingdom than you do.

The political adviser also tends to be a liar when it comes to family matters. But it’s still nice to have one around.

--Affairs--
At some points in the challenge, I may literally force you to be in an affair depending on what choice you pick. However, your affairs may be for the kingdom or for the welfare for your husband… or maybe for just your personal needs. --Ahem! Anyway, you will at one point come across yourself having an affair with some bro! Woops! If any other sim is on the lot that you are in with this romantic romancer than you are liable for treason against the king! Roll your dice, mate and roll for every other person not a part of this romantic relationship who is on this lot.

0-10 = The person doesn't realize anything fishy going on or simply keeps quiet. However, you may catch some dirty looks now and then.

11-15 = Aw snap, they found out! You are bribed by that person and must pay 10,000 per week to this said person for the rest of your life. Sorry, sis. Or, if you don’t really care about that person too much, you kill them.

Lose 10,000 a week or kill them, tough choice, right?

16-19 = Gurllll, they know. Everybody knows, ya’ll screwed. The entire kingdom knows of your cheating and you lose your respect, because ya know, girll. You screwed up. Your significant other is pissed and the person you had an affair with got executed. Oh dear, you screwed up. (Kill the Consort's lover, the Queen is expected to stay in the castle for the next couple of days unless stated otherwise)

--Daily Roll--

In the days in between from the main events, I be real chill and all give ya’ll events so ya’ll don’t have to press 3 and speed up during those borin’ days. Get your 20 sided dice again, ya know, from a website or somethin’ and roll it!

1- Boring day, nothing in particular.
2- Church Prayer, go to the Church Family lot and converse with the family, invite them over for dinner and have the servant prepare a fine meal. If all does not go well, -5 respect.
3- The king/queen invites over a lady/lad friend and ‘tries for a baby’, you may not speak to the king all day, if you do converse with him, their relationship must be lowered.
4- Random Aristocrat dies from ‘illness’.
5- The king impregnates a peasant. After she has the baby, if it’s a girl, it must either die or become a servant for a Aristocrat when she turns into a child. If it’s a boy, it stays with the mother with nothing happening.
6- A new shipment of slaves come in, the king may decide to pick one. The rest of the slaves end up living with a sim who becomes the town’s slave trader and economy booms, add 1,000 to the kingdom’s royalty via familyfunds. (Also, create the slave trader. Then make the slaves and create a small little system of slavery because yanno, who cares.) Disregard this if DAY 25 has passed - if so, this is just a boring day.
7. A peasant is caught red handed stealing. Roll the die, if it is 0-10, the peasant becomes a rogue. If it is 11-20, the peasant is imprisoned at the Town Prison.
8. Boring day.
9. Boring day.
10. You have an ‘encounter’ with the guard, meaning you ‘tried for a baby’ with your guard. If the guard is same gender, go for the servant. If the servant has a baby several days later, the servant must give up the baby to a peasant or the baby must die. If you have the baby, you need to ensure that you make the king think it’s his - be creative! However, if the baby does not look like him or you and instead looks like that guard… *gulp*. Treason. You are forced to kill the baby or give it up.
11. Boring day ;-;
12. The kingdom has founded a strange fascination with guitars, you decide to get one and practice. (You can now add a guitar into your family! Woo.)
13. You and the king have a fight, you may not eat for a day and you are locked in your room.
14. Boringgg.
15. Darn, boring!
16. Boring.
17. A peasant is killed off by an assassination from a rogue.
18. Nothing.
19. You go out on a ‘date’ with your significant other. He buys you a pretty thing/new article of clothing, go to the dresser and wear something new.
20. Your servant decides that she wishes to teach you how to cook out of kindness. Have the Consort learn a point of cooking that day.

--DAYS--
The challenge follows the Consort as she attempts to survive as the new ‘Queen’ for 60 days, if she survives the challenge is completed! However, we have a storyline! We start at day one, or at the beginning of the challenge. Are you ready? Let’s go!

ASSASINATION ATTEMPT ROLLS DO NOT BEGIN UNTIL DAY 16! MORE ON THAT ON DAY 16!

Oh wait, one last thing! I suggest you don't read ahead, reading ahead makes things a bit more mundane.
Day 1 -
It’s a nice, summery feel today. The flowers seem to be growing and the sun shines brightly. It’s been a day since your wedding and technically, today is your first day as Queen! The past Queen, the mother of your new husband, seems to have left you something however! You read it.
“Dearest Daughter in-law,
I bequeath my rank to you, dearest girl. Though my son shall be foul tempered and utterly horrible in some cases, I hope you love as I did, without fatality of the heart. As the king’s wife, you have certain duties! You shall be updated on the political situation, kingdom situation, your personal situation and other things will be received to you via letter -- don’t question it.”
Shaking your head in confusion, you notice a letter on your bed, peculiarly sitting there.
-------
Personal Situation : You’re alright and your romance with the king is just blooming!
Political Situation : The situation in France is not well, mass rioting has taken place. In several days or so, you will be traveling to France to help ease the situation - just watch your back.
Kingdom Situation : The kingdom is cheerfully celebrating your marriage and the rogues are relatively quiet. However, I advise you to work on your athletic and logic skill* as they will come in handy soon!
-------
You are confused, obviously. However, today you must arrange a party for all/most of your aristocrats and the family of the church. If you do not hold it today, you fail the mission. If you accomplish it, however, you are greatly appreciated. The reason you’re holding this party is to gain the adoration of your people and to strengthen higher class bondings.

Day 3 -
You wake up with a yawn and head downstairs. As you eat your breakfast you notice a servant racing to you with a big frown on her face.
“Missus? Um, the king is… busy. I’d advise you to um, not bother him for the day.” Her cheeks were flushing red and she quickly hurried upstairs.
If it hasn't hit you yet, your husband/wife is in bed with either a concubine or some sort of other young lady/lad. Have the royal monarch ‘try for a baby’ with the opposite gender.
-------
Personal Situation : The king/queen has started the ‘flings’. The king/queen should start bringing in a concubine or a lovely looking person to the bedroom everyday. The relationship doesn't seem to be TOO affected.
Political Situation : The situation in France is still not well, you are being forced to go to France with a servant and a political adviser in the next event day. You have gotten a political adviser by now, right? Well, if you haven’t, just pick up some random aristocrat and have them live with you.
Kingdom Situation : The kingdom is still happy for you. However, if you did not manage to throw that last party the situation is not as good as it could be.
-------
Day 6 -
Today is France day! You quickly book a... flight? I suppose so. And head for France with your political adviser and servant! When you reach the palace after renting some crummy place to live in you see the queen of France looking quite alarmed.
"Oh thank goodness, you're here! The situation has been quite problematic I must say..." She stops and pauses, looking at you with tears in her eyes.
"Oh, the king has run off to a far off land. My people have been looking for him but he is long gone... Please, may you send troops out to find him?"
YES :
"Oh praise the stars! We will forever be in your debt for your kindness." You are treated to a royal dinner at her palace and you may have you relationship at 'Good Friends'. Congratulations! However, you lose 40,000 simoleons in the search. In later days you shall learn of its progress. Also, you may leave France once you have become good friends with the queen, donated the 40,000 and went to dinner with her.

NO :
"I see... Well, it was too selfish of me anyway." You sense a hint of lost hope in the Queen's eyes, you wonder if she had truly loved her husband or not. Either way, your relationship with the Queen of France stays at acquaintance and you go home wondering if you realy made the right choice. However, you think it would have been dumb to simply spend so much money without the king's permission!

Day 10 -

It's been a good while since your visit to the queen of France and you find yourself quite bored. The king suggests going out for a walk around town, he insists that the royal knights stay behind. The both of you leave at 4:00 PM and then, a few minutes after the two of you have left, the king turns to you. (If you already have a child, ignore the first two sentences.)
"Dear, I have things to speak of! You MUST have a heir soon, in the case of something occuring to both of us! Also! *IF YOU DONATED MONEY TO FRANCE* : How dare you use our funds without my permission! You have lost legal usage of my funds and I demand that you require of my permission before you do such a thing! ...However, it seems that the Queen of France is actually quite fond of you...*IF YOU DIDN'T DONATE MONEY TO FRANCE* That is all."

This means, if you donated the money France you may no longer LEGALLY buy anything over 1,000 simoleons at a time. If you did not, your privileges are still the same.

------------
Personal Situation : The king/queen has started the ‘flings’. The king/queen should start bringing in a concubine or a lovely looking person to the bedroom everyday. The relationship doesn’t seem to be TOO affected. ALSO! The king has started to pressure you to have his child soon! After all, heirs are very important! Failure to have a heir can result of *gulp*, your assassination, Better start!
Political Situation : The political alliances with France is *IF YOU DONATED MONEY TO FRANCE* very good! You seem to have your first real friend since your wedding! *IF YOU DID NOT DONATE MONEY TO FRANCE* average. You aren't really that friendly with them, but well.. Just OK, that's all.
Kingdom Situation : The kingdom is still likely overjoyed with you, they feel blessed with your prescense. However, some citizens, mostly the peasants, are slightly worried about if you are to have a heir! Oh dear...
-------------

Day 13 -

If you have seasons, you should be almost done with Fall here, the kingdom is worried about the upcoming Winter and the people are running low on food! Truthfully, your kingdom was never really the farming type, the French and Chinese kingdoms were always considered the farmers, with China making more of the clothing and etc. for Egypt. The Egyptians are mostly the mining type, they are pretty much in control of the gold and metal exports.
The royal treasury is about 60,000$, however, if you donated 30,000$ to France, the royal treasury has only 30,000$ and you cannot take out more than 1,000$ at a time. Keep track of these in your head and make sure not to cheat with how much money you have in the treasury and etc.
*If you donated to France* Sadly, you can't afford to give as much money as you would have normally, however, since you do in fact have increased relations with France, you may ask them for a discount on fruits and veggies or go solo for some very good reasons. Or, if you honestly couldn't care less about your people choose 'Do nothing'.

IF ROYAL TREASURY IS AT 30,000 :

Request a discount of some sort :

You request a discount of some sort from France, make the consort go to the Political Adviser and request them to send a letter. (Simply just select 'Get to know'), the Political Adviser must not be in the castle for a full 24 hours as the PA is delivering the letter to the nearest possible place. You'll receive an update on Day 16, otherwise, this plays out as a regular day.

(Everything stays the same for this.)

Go solo :

You decide not to request anything of the already faltering French people, it is the only thing you feel you can do. You wander the streets with your guard and find farmers, they happily take the money and seem to say one thing.

"Oh bless you, daughter of holy spirits! Long live the Consort!"

(The king and yourself do not have an opportunity to try for a baby that day, as you were weary from your donations.)

(Decrease 10,000 from Royal Treasury.)

Do nothing :

The younger of your people thing of you as a tyrant for the next several days, you feel like you hear people smirking behind your back. You lose one peasant from the first string of winter. However, the Royal Treasury comes first - What if there was a war going on? You know you did the right thing.

This means that you keep the remaining 30,000$, however, a single peasant dies from starvation. Go to a peasant family and kill off a random member, you MUST kill a peasant off.



IF THE ROYAL TREASURY IS AT 60,000 :

Give to the people :

You end up deciding to give the people 3,000. Sure, this might be a reasonable blow to your savings but...
The people are well fed that Winter, VERY well fed! Your Royal Treasury money seems to decrease as your people become slightly lazier....
(-23,000$ in the royal treasury! Also, the king becomes angry with you and demands an explanation for promoting gluttony within the peasants! -20 relationship with the king!)
(-10 Respect)

Give nothing :

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, eh? Well, the King sure didn't! You two become quite romantic this night, you know what that means!
However, your people have become very angry with you, noticing the wealth that you have acquired. They have said nothing, though they give you glares for the next several weeks.

(No damage to Royal Treasury Money)
(Decrease relationship with peasants.)
(Increase relationship with the King/Queen)


-------
Personal Situation : The King/Queen brought a concubine in his room today, have him 'try for a baby' today with the slave/concubine. Also, if you have NOT had a child yet, the king starts getting uneasy...
Political Situation : The French situation is still the same. However, if you donated money to the French before, the Queen has FINALLY found her husband! He was hiding near the Chinese territory and French and your kingdom's relations increase! If you did not donate money, the Queen has not found her husband.
Kingdom Situation : Depending on your actions today, the situation in the kingdom has become very happy or very heated VERY quickly. Be careful, youngin'.
-------


Day 16 -
(NOTE : Day 16 is much more twisted than the days we have had so far, forgive me. ;-

UPROAR IN THE PALACE!
You wake up at 7:30 AM, not noticing anything in particular occurring when suddenly you hear a BANG! From a nearby hallway. The sound gets closer, painfully closer, until you see a masked man with a gun - you know very well that this is an assassin. He stares at you for a second, you close your eyes...

*IF YOU HAVE HAD NO CHILDREN/SHOWN NO SIGNS OF CHILDREN*

You are shot down. A recent onslaught of rebellion and a increasingly controversial viewpoint among rebels has lead to your demise. Ya'll dead. That's all. Dunno what to say, truthfully. Start over as a new wife for the king.

*IF YOU HAVE HAD CHILDREN*

The man smiled.

"Dear mistress, I am so very sorry for ruining your morning. This is just a reminder of our EXISTENCE. Dearest Queen, we are the mistreated, the wanted, the unloved. We wish to have your eldest child married to the youngest of ours. If not? Well... you'll see."

Pretty much, this assassin dude is most likely a member of the rogues, you had never suspected that they would break through your own palace, however! If you say yes, it means you are willing to give up your eldest to marry a child of the opposite gender to the rogues. If not...

Take his Offer ;

"Very good. They shall meet when they become fourteen, get married the moment they come of age. They will be in no doubt happy, as the child of ours will be magnificently trained. You won't regret this!" The rebel seemed to have a sort of smile on his face, completely shattering the 'I'm-A-Bad-Guy-Grr-I'll-Kill-You' facade he had going on over there. You glare, his expression changes to a maleficent grin.

"Oh yes. Your servant seems to have met a fatal end." He said swiftly and coldly as he swept out of the room, the cry of the guard is heard echoing as he does so.

You sit on your bed, wondering what the hell you just agreed to. You spend the rest of the day in your bedroom, not eating a single thing.

Do not take his Offer ;

"Very well, dear queen, though I suspect the cruelest of fates have yet to come upon your holy self, once they do, your regal manner shall crumble within seconds as the life drains." His grin was cold. Suddenly, you hear the familiar shriek of your servant from down below.

"Oh, your servant seems to have met with a terrible fate, hasn't she? Goodbye, dearest." He swept out of the room, and all at once the terrors of what you may of agreed to overcomes you.

You do not want to die.
You do not want anyone to die.
But you have no choice.

The screams of the first viewers happen within minutes. You spend the rest of the day in your bedroom, not eating a single thing.


-------
Personal Situation : Well, if you're alive it means you have had at least one suitable heir. The recent event practically never happened in the eyes of the people, though you have fears for the future. Also, your servant may or may not be dead - if she did die, you may not get another until further notice.
Political Situation : The French situation is still the same. However, if you donated money to the French before, the Queen has FINALLY found her husband! He was hiding near the Chinese territory and French and your kingdom's relations increase! If you did not donate money, the Queen has not found her husband. Nothing really new there.
Kingdom Situation : Your actions haven't affected the kingdom in the short term yet. Also, if you chose to ask for a discount from the french, you only lose
-------
Day 20 -

You quietly sip a cup at 3:30 PM when a messenger approaches you frantically.
"Mistress! Oh dearest Mistress! A great occurrence has occurred in the lower rungs of the Aristocracy!" The messenger says, wiping drops of sweat from his face. He took your hand, asking the guard to come with as you swiftly possible!

- -
Within minutes you arrive, to the sight of the most peculiar baby you have ever seen. ( Make a female toddler with either : 1) Oddly colored skin, eyes and hair or 2) make the toddler a vampire, werewolf, etc.3) Story-wise, just have it be that perhaps 'The child had mystical powers circling around it' etc. Be creative! And place it in a aristocratic family.) You ask the mother of this child what the heck happened with this kid. ( 'Get to know' with the mother. )

"I saw a sign on the day of her birth, today, a dark, noir butterfly fluttered its wings into my hands and then... died. Oh, what does it mean - dearest queen, tell me! What does this sign mean!" She sounded scared and alarmed, frightened.

The faces of all the town look to you for help. You have three options right now, taking in the baby for yourself, leaving the baby with the mother, or killing it.

"Kill it." ;

You hear a gasp from the mother and perhaps, some of the other members of the family. She quickly looks to you in fear.
"Oh, dearest consort, do you really believe so? She is quite handsome, if you would allow me to say... I can't imagine doing such a thing - please, must you not do such a sinful thing?" The mother wiped away a tear from her eyes, but you keep a firm and steady glare.

"If you would dare defy my words, then certainly the death of the child is needed? The odds of the child begin of sinful, demon like I could say, is quite high, I must say. Should I let such hellish creatures into my kingdom? I'd hope not." You say as you order the guard to take the baby from her arms. She says nothing, and you feel that a REAL mother would have detested more. No matter, if the mother did not care, you will not as well. You return to the castle in silence.

(Delete the toddler from the family.)

-------
Personal Situation : You've ordered the child to be executed as it may have posed a threat to the Kingdom.
Political Situation : The French situation is either neutral or positive depending on your past actions.
Kingdom Situation : Your actions haven't affected the kingdom, as far as you know.
-------

Take it in for yourself ;

A child like this could be a child of god! You quickly add the child to your household, planning to take care of it. The toddler must be trained in painting, logic and whatever you may think necessary for such a blessed and holy child. Whatever happens next to the child is your choice, will you have it marry a child? ANYTHING? I honestly have no clue mate have fun.

*Add the child to your family, you can do whatever you want with this child and it counts as your offspring.*

-------
Personal Situation : You've ordered that the child is to be placed in your hands.
Political Situation : The French situation is either neutral or positive depending on your past actions.
Kingdom Situation : Your actions haven't affected the kingdom, as far as you know.
-------


Leave the Baby with the Mother ;

You shake your head, looking to the woman.
"The child is clearly your blessing or curse, whatever it may be I shall not intrude." You nod, taking your leave as the woman silently stares, for what reason you still have no idea of. You spend the rest of the day at home, thinking about the choices you had made that day.



-------
Personal Situation : You've ordered the toddler to stay with it's mother.
Political Situation : The French situation is either neutral or positive depending on your past actions.
Kingdom Situation : Your actions haven't affected the kingdom, as far as you know.
-------



Day 25 -

In the past days you have heard dreadful news if you decided to let the peculiar toddler stay with its mother, you learn that it mysteriously disappeared days later. Also, there was a vote today (Gather a party of Aristocrats and a few peasants if there are space.) the vote was on keeping slaves, which one of your Aristocratic families despised with all their hearts. It seems that they managed to convince many others to follow suit, as slavery is now outlawed! (You may no longer own slaves, any slaves you have become regular peasants. Concubine stays however, as she willingly lives with the king - though she is now considered a servant variation in the eyes of the people)


-------
Personal Situation : You are slowly getting older...
Political Situation : Tensions seem to be rising with the Chinese and Egyptian kingdoms...
Kingdom Situation : Slavery has been abolished, after months of covered up rioting.
-------

Day 30 -

Lately, the new leaf has begun - it is also your birthday. (Throw a grand party in the castle and buy a cake.) You realize that you are getting older... are you ready for true adulthood?

-------
Personal Situation : You've now become an adult! It seems like things are steady, and you no longer think of yourself as the dumb beautiful consort who was wedded to the king - you are now wiser and you know the tricks of this sophisticated world - this is where the game really begins.
Political Situation : The Egypt and Chinese have become tense after a skirmish before your birthday...
Kingdom Situation : Your actions haven't affected the kingdom, as far as you know.
-------

Day 33 -

The Egypt and Chinese kingdoms seem very harsh and tense lately, nothing really happens until today-
China declares war on Egypt. If you were kind and donated to France in the past, you are considered strong allies-- if you did not, you have no allies in the struggle and you must face this alone. You have the opportunity to visit either Egypt or the Chinese. Will you take it?

Take it and visit the Chinese -

(Take a trip to China or whatever your kingdom is that is filling the role of China. Introduce yourself to the royal family.)

Communication with the Chinese increase because of this, and you are now considered partial allies - you will be aiding them.



Take it and visit the Egypt Kingdom -

(Take a trip to Egypt or whatever your kingdom is that is filling the role of Egypt. Introduce yourself to the royal family.)

Communication with the Egypt kingdom increase because of this, and you are now considered partial allies - you will be aiding them.

Don't visit either -

You have decided to stay out of the conflict for as long as you can, your allegiances remain neutral with the two warring factions.

-------
Personal Situation : You are uneasy about the rising conflicts.
Political Situation : You either increased your alliegences with the Chinese or Egypts today - or neither. You are preparing for war.
Kingdom Situation : The kingdom have mixed views on the conflict.
-------


Day 36 -

The conflict with the Chinese and Egypt kingdoms finally reach a breaking point - a major battle decides the outcome of the war.
(If you allied with the Chinese, the Egypt kingdom has fallen and their economy is in shambles. If you allied with the Egypt kingdom, what would have happened to them happens to the Chinese. If you allied with none but you had a good friendship with the French, the French also stayed out and both countries are in shambles. If you stayed out and were neutral with the French, there are riots resuming the battle in France because of their involvement.)

(In any case, the world is full of uncertainty now. You strangely don't see one of those update letters on your bed today.)


Day 39 -

The kingdoms are deciding how to resolve the situation, *invite them to your country temporarily and they will discuss the matter.* Have somebody prepare a nice meal and commence the treaties.

If allied with Chinese and France -

The Egypt kingdom is essentially ruined, their own leader walks shamefully. The Chinese vote to claim and conquer the land, and later the French and yourself agree. (The Egypt Kingdom now becomes a wasteland of sorts, riots ensue and the royal family goes into hiding - find some way to despose of their family - there are multiple ways to go about this. The plans of conquering the land are quickly forgotten as tensions rise and the land is essentially now a vile place of corruption - the kingdoms leave the former kingdom to manage itself *You may never visit the Egypt lands again, as you'd be risking your life.*)


If allied with Chinese and France -

The Chinese kingdom is essentially ruined, their own leader walks shamefully. The Egypt Kingdom vote to claim and conquer the land, and later the French and yourself agree. (The Chinese Kingdom now becomes a wasteland of sorts, riots ensue and the royal family goes into hiding - find some way to despose of their family - there are multiple ways to go about this. The plans of conquering the land are quickly forgotten as tensions rise and the land is essentially now a vile place of corruption - the kingdoms leave the former kingdom to manage itself *You may never visit the Chinese lands again, as you'd be risking your life.*)

If allied with neither -

You stayed out of the conflict. Egypt and China are both crippled by the events but still manage to stand - you may not visit those two countries frequently for your leisure if you did before, as they are rebuilding.

Day 43 -

Today, a festival is to be to celebrate your life as consort thus far! Construct a community lot and place uh, festive things and let your people enjoy this holiday! Also, there is an event the very next day, as it lasts for only two days. However, on today the people may not work and it is a peaceful day for celebration. ( Let your sims enjoy themselves, as today is a harmonious day of peace and celebration. )

Day 44 -

This is the second day of the festival - by now you should likely have at least one eligible child who is ready to start a courtship that may make way for marriage. *Make a party and make sure you get some sort music, preferably an actual instrument. It should be a night full of dancing and fun, though it is also a prime time for a child of yours to find a husband/wife for the future if they do not already have any interests. There should be plenty of food to eat, as well!*

Day 48 -

Things seem suspicious lately, though you can't quite put your finger on it... The king has been ruling with a tight fist after the events of the past, you were always interested in the politics and affairs of the kingdom, but now it seems as if he has been shutting you out. *You no longer can travel to foreign countries and during parties and town meetings you may no longer attend. However, you can still visit the people of the church for wisdom and guidance. Essentially, you're being cut off from anything political. Also, your curfew is now 6:00 PM, you may not leave even with a guard or king after that*

Day 51 -

You have been finding yourself distanced from your people and the King - it seems as if he has grown tired of you. *Decrease relationship with king*

You receive a letter from your friend, the Queen/King of France later that day. (Have political adviser speak to the Consort later in the evening.) Your political adviser reads it out to you.

"To my dearest friend, how have you? I must urgently inform you of grievous occurrences that you may not have been informed of. There has been mass rebellion in Egypt, not China, but Egypt! I have noticed how distanced you have become from the world, though you must know at least this - please, be careful. Farewell."

How startling! You once again notice that those strange letters that used to appear on your bed no longer surface. Odd. You head to sleep tonight

Day 54 -

Lately, you've been hearing of riots from the peasants and rogues, they've always been complaining but never this so. You are still unsure of what is going on, the king has been leaving you out in the dust about it. However, it is only on this night that you have the chance to change something.

You are sleeping soundly in your bed at 10:30 when you here the falling of a book from a dresser in your room. You wake up and you immediately see several rogues!

"Good, you're awake." Sounds one, the rogue gestures for another to approach you.

"Our dear Queen Consort, we all know of your secret. That you long to be free, that you long to love who you love, to give the future you wish to us people. We are willing to aid you."

You are curious at this.

"We are willing to help to help you rid of him - once and for all, so you can live without fear. In return, we wish that us Rogues are to be safe and not to be murdered like our family has been in the past." The Rogue holds out a hand.


"Dear Queen, this choice will change the future. Will you help us? Yes, or no?"

YES :



NO :



Day 55 -

( IF YOU SAID NO, PLAY DAY 55 AS A NORMAL DAY.)

There are shrieks when you wake up on this morning - you know that the Rogues have done it. A servant races into your room, frantically.
"Queen Consort... the-the-the King... he was murdered in his sleep!"

The day is blurry in its events, you can hardly even remember what you have even eaten! The Kingdom is in uproar...

*Kill the King. You are now the Queen Dowager - you'll be referred to as Queen Mother if one of your own children takes the throne. Also, rogues are not to be killed on sight - and rogues pose little risk to the royal monarchy now. You have regained full political rights and you are now leading the kingdom until your child or the heir apparent takes throne. When will that happen? Nobody knows right now, it's a very confusing and uncertain time.*

Day 56 -

(IF YOU SAID YES, PLAY DAY 56 AS A NORMAL DAY.)

It's been a while since you rejected those rogues, you and the King have lived in peace, of sorts. You and him are growing old together, there is not much time left. You spend the day talking with your husband and you two begin to understand one another more clearly.

Day 58 -

(IF YOU SAID NO, SKIP THE FIRST PARAGRAPH. IF YOU SAID YES, SKIP THE SECOND PARAGRAPH.)

Today is the day of the king's heir's coronation. *The Church will be holding the coronation - the event should be somber, this should go however you'd like or think crownings are like. After this, the heir must be living with the former Queen Consort (you). The Coronation should be huge, with food and music, though it shouldn't really be festive since it was only recently that their king for decades was killed (unless your kingdom is full of sadists, if so? go right on ahead o.o) *

Today is an average day, the King and you are living - as usual. Suddenly, an attractive aristocrat propose's for your heir apparent's hand in marriage! If you accept, the couple will start courting. If you refuse, the aristocrat stalks off in a huff and becomes a rogue - apparently the aristocrat had been smitten with the heir apparent for a very long time! (Have an attractive aristocrat come over, have the aristocrat confess it's feelings (or vice versa) to the heir apparent in front of the King - have the King reject or accept it.)

Day 60 -

It's time. Your memories flicker back to you - of your childhood, of your parents... You have lived through a turbulent era, brought kingdoms to their knees and ruled with the King Regent. Hundreds of years from now, people will remember you - whether admirably or fearfully, that you were the leader of this kingdom - your actions will forever affect mankind.

You smile, staring down from your throne - what will the future bring next?



CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE WON!

(The story can continue however you'd like, as this chapter in the Kingdom's history has been completed but the rest unwritten. But congratulations, you survived to your elderly stage! You deserve a clap, my friend.)



--------------
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 5:13 PM
Whoa, so much work was put into this! It really paid off. It's very well-written, I love your wording of certain things. I think I might try it. :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressTiffany
Whoa, so much work was put into this! It really paid off. It's very well-written, I love your wording of certain things. I think I might try it. :3


Thank you! I was planning on finishing it and then posting it but well, if I did that, my weekend would practically disappear! I'll add things in as people get farther along. c:
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 9:28 PM
Very interesting. I'd like to see the full challenge before I play it, but this is a good start.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 12:40 AM
I could play this once its finished!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 4:12 AM
AHHHH!!! This is blowing my mind!!! I just bought Dragon Valley a few days ago and I just opened up Sims 3 so I'm going to start this right now I love this idea so much
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 9:37 PM
Oh, thank you for the kind responses! I'll be working on the challenge a bit more today, sorry that I couldn't post it in a complete form!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 12:19 AM
While I'm working on the 'Days', has anyone who possibly started the challenge despite the incompleteness encountered any bugs or problems with the challenge? c:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 11:47 PM
I'm setting up a test game in Castle Keep (which is a really good looking world). I've turned aging off during the set-up, just to get a little garden going on etc. So far I've got a family of 3 unrelated rogues + baby, a peasant family with mum, dad, 2 kids and baby, and a "church family" of 4 priests in the monastery. Haven't created the royal family yet.

PIX!



Sorry about the picture spam, carry on.

Question: How large are the non-royal (other) families supposed to be? For these reasons:

1) You can only invite 10 people to a party. So if I have to invite "all" the nobility and church people to my party on the first day, that would mean there can only be 10 noblemen/women and church people combined in the 3 families. If I'm being really effin nitpicky.

And oh, can I only try and befriend the church/nobility via parties and that 5 % chance of "church day"? I can't just pop over and bring a carrot cake or something?

2) The rogues - are they supposed to be 2, 4 or 8 in a family or it doesn't matter? I mean, if they are 2, there's not a huge risk of running into them, however if they are 8... Also, what is an "encounter" with a rogue, for a child - passing them in the street, stepping up and talking to them? Since an encounter means the child automatically dies, I think it should be specific.

Should the guard actually jump rogues in the street, like argue and fight, or do I just roll for it?

Btw, I'm including bikes for now, because they still look less absurd than taxis and I can't have my sims run everywhere. Especially the royal family, nobility and priests, it's not proper!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxi
I'm setting up a test game in Castle Keep (which is a really good looking world). I've turned aging off during the set-up, just to get a little garden going on etc. So far I've got a family of 3 unrelated rogues + baby, a peasant family with mum, dad, 2 kids and baby, and a "church family" of 4 priests in the monastery. Haven't created the royal family yet.

PIX!



Sorry about the picture spam, carry on.

Question: How large are the non-royal (other) families supposed to be? For these reasons:

1) You can only invite 10 people to a party. So if I have to invite "all" the nobility and church people to my party on the first day, that would mean there can only be 10 noblemen/women and church people combined in the 3 families. If I'm being really effin nitpicky.

And oh, can I only try and befriend the church/nobility via parties and that 5 % chance of "church day"? I can't just pop over and bring a carrot cake or something?

2) The rogues - are they supposed to be 2, 4 or 8 in a family or it doesn't matter? I mean, if they are 2, there's not a huge risk of running into them, however if they are 8... Also, what is an "encounter" with a rogue, for a child - passing them in the street, stepping up and talking to them? Since an encounter means the child automatically dies, I think it should be specific.

Should the guard actually jump rogues in the street, like argue and fight, or do I just roll for it?

Btw, I'm including bikes for now, because they still look less absurd than taxis and I can't have my sims run everywhere. Especially the royal family, nobility and priests, it's not proper!



Glad to see you're liking the challenge so far! c:

1. Royal families may be any size you want, if you plan on inviting them then just pick the most important members of the families or at least, the ones you are most interested in talking to. It's all right to be a little nitpicky! c:

As for interacting with the church, I suppose that I should add some sort of thing where you may visit the church outside of rolls, events or day events once per week or so. Thanks for bringing this up!

2. For the rogue family size, it can be as big or small as you wish, though I suggest a rogue family of starting off with at least three or four sims. This is because actually managing to kill the rogues is meant to be a challenge for the player. As for the child deathness, if a royal child passes by a rogue on the street and the child has no guard with them, the child is automatically killed. Meaning, if the child is on the same street or a reasonable closeness to the rogue, the child is automatically sought after to be killed. The reason for this is also just because yanno, it's rough buddy.

3. As for jumping and fighting them or rolling, yes, they automatically must initiate rude and arguing things until you get the option to fight. The ingame outcome of the fight doesn't really matter, as the moment they start fighting you must roll. c:

I'm liking your rogue family so far, they seem like quite the comedic bunch c:

And also, I'll be updating tomorrow or so, keep a look out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 8:37 PM
Update should be in an hour or so, hello there.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:30 AM
Hello!! This is probably my fave challenge on here!! ITS SO COOL!!!!! But when will you be updating? I've managed to get to Day 13 and its flowing awesomely but I really want to keep playing it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:22 PM
Oh god-- i am so, so, so sorry ;-;
My computer broke later that day and it was like, just now today I got it fixed and ready to go ;-;
I'll go write the next few days up ;-;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:00 AM
I quickly just added day 16, working on day 20. c:
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 12:16 AM
Any progress?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 12:37 AM
Oh dear.
Um.
I seem to forget about this quite often.
Oh dear. Well, I don't expect this to be finished anytime this month, if I'm lucky, May.
I feel like I'm disappointing a lot of people, but I didn't really expect very many people would play it so quickly. ;-;~~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:18 PM
ALRIGHT BOOM! I'm back everyone, after a realllyyy long time! My excuse is that shortly after posting here I had to uninstall my copy of the sims and then reinstall - and then my computer had a hard drive crash and I didn't have a working computer until recently! I did a huge update going midway into the adult stage and I'm still working on it right now. Really sorry for those of you who were really interested and didn't get an update for such a long time!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:23 PM
omg I'm so excited this is updated. I actually set up a game for this, downloaded lots of cool things but I have since deleted that save ... I'm gonna restart it though,- glad you came back
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysim3
omg I'm so excited this is updated. I actually set up a game for this, downloaded lots of cool things but I have since deleted that save ... I'm gonna restart it though,- glad you came back


I'm so sorry you had to wait for so long ahhhhh ;-;
But please, tell me about how the restart goes - it's really great hearing feedback. c:
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM
Ohhh so happy to hear you're back! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about us. Looking forward to some new gameplay when you can. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressTiffany
Ohhh so happy to hear you're back! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about us. Looking forward to some new gameplay when you can. ^-^


I'm glad to see you as well! c:

The next update (The one I'm doing right now) is likely going to be taking us to the end of the challenge's story - I'm trying to tank it all into one afternoon so people can finally play it fully. The updates following it will be grammatical editing, rules (after playing through myself) and fixing some of those things that make no sense reading them over. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 6:31 PM
Updated! The challenge is now completed, woooo! You can now finally play to the end - I really suggest not reading ahead of where you are at in game though, as that will spoil some things.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:22 PM
Awesome! Think I'll start playing it later today, now that it's finished. c: I'll post pictures, and let you know how it goes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressTiffany
Awesome! Think I'll start playing it later today, now that it's finished. c: I'll post pictures, and let you know how it goes!


That's great, looking forward to it! c:

Ahhh, now it's time to chillax and eat food as I playyyy.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:08 AM
Well, my save crashed just as I was building the very last house. Saved the sims, but not the houses or community lots.. ugh. I still have pictures to share though, as promised.
Their royal majesties, King Jasper Harrington and Queen Roesia Harrington!
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2
Back to top

Section jump