Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 10:31 PM
Default WCIF Better Camera control for painting Sim Portaits on Easel?
I am looking for something that will allow me to have better control over the camera for painting. There was one that I used in Sims 2 that did exactly this (GunMod's Camera Mod), but I haven't been able to find one for Sims 3, I don't even know if one exists.

In the regular game you can press Tab to enable a kind of free cam mode that lets you look around just by moving the mouse, but for painting the camera is usually focused on a specific spot or person and you can only rotate the camera around them, usually cutting off parts that I want to paint.

So basically, this is what I am looking for, just for Sims 3: GunMod's Camera Mod
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 1:40 AM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=415413

That cat isn't Pepper. Pepper is a bird. Not a cat.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2013 at 11:45 AM
Mr. Bond is asking about camera controls while doing Still Life and Memorize Scene interactions. This is handled by the same system as the tab camera, and the TS3 version of the TS2 mod you refered to is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345987 ... I use it myself, and while it makes the camera a lot more controllable, there's just so much you can do with such a horrible system. Expect improvements, not perfection. :D

Personally, if anybody's figured out how to translate Still Life and Memorize Scene using the camera-camera ... the one you use while taking photos with the cell phone and cameras ... I'd hug them.

Edit: A really cheap trick I've used before, in order to get exactly the painting I wanted, is to take a Large or Panorama photo of it, hang it on an external third-floor wall aimed at a whole lot of nothing, frame it with a lot of lighting, then snap that with the painter's wobblycam while the painter is on the other side of the wall. Horribly unrealistic to do it that way, but it generally comes out pretty good.