Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:54 AM
Default Horse Hair Meshes?
I am a complete noob at this, but I want to try my hand at meshing. Particularly Horse 'hair'.

But, I don't know where to find them - I downloaded TSW and it doesn't seem to be finding the files for horse hair. It finds everything else - I added the folders to which my EPs are designated and it pulled all the expansion hair for PEOPLE - just not Horses (there is a tab for it though, just no files)

Help?

Yes I am starting from ground zero here, I am just going to try because hey... you've got to start somewhere.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:26 PM
Make a copy of FullBuild0_p10.package from C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\Packages to work with. There's a bunch of ahMane and ahTail meshes in there.

You can open it with S3OC (http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu....php?board=20.0) and use the experimental CASP cloner function to make a package with the meshes, ready for modding.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:12 PM
Thank you very much!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:26 PM
Be aware that when you map the new manes and tails, etc. that you put them in the same location as the originals or you will superimpose your new hair texture on unintended horse parts. :0)
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:38 PM
And? Were you able to make some horse hair?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dnieze
And? Were you able to make some horse hair?

I did make a roached mane and one with a forelock, but my computer crashed and I had to format it. I've only recently reinstalled everything and I have to start over again on the mesh. Which is okay, because I had a slight joint issue near the withers, even though I retained the original mesh's joint assignments. This issue is not as apparent on long manes so I might just turn out one of those instead.

I see over at http://morningstarequestriansims.weebly.com/, she has started the same project (roached mane), though mine does look different; So you can keep an eye on that as she'll likely be done before me.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
I did make a roached mane and one with a forelock, but my computer crashed and I had to format it. I've only recently reinstalled everything and I have to start over again on the mesh. Which is okay, because I had a slight joint issue near the withers, even though I retained the original mesh's joint assignments. This issue is not as apparent on long manes so I might just turn out one of those instead.

I see over at http://morningstarequestriansims.weebly.com/, she has started the same project (roached mane), though mine does look different; So you can keep an eye on that as she'll likely be done before me.

It is done http://morningstarequestriansims.we...haved-mane.html

However, don't be too impressed. I didn't change the mesh at all. I only rotated and moved EA's spiked mane so that it would appear as a roached mane; I didn't have to reassign joints or mess with the textures.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Make a copy of FullBuild0_p10.package from C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\Packages to work with. There's a bunch of ahMane and ahTail meshes in there.

You can open it with S3OC (http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu....php?board=20.0) and use the experimental CASP cloner function to make a package with the meshes, ready for modding.

I can not find FullBuild0_p10.package. I just have the FullBuild0.package and that doesn't have any horse hair meshes in it. I'm trying to make a Clydesdale plaited mane and tail so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by black_lioness24
I can not find FullBuild0_p10.package. I just have the FullBuild0.package and that doesn't have any horse hair meshes in it. I'm trying to make a Clydesdale plaited mane and tail so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you looking in the right folder - under The Sims 3 Pets, not The Sims 3?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Are you looking in the right folder - under The Sims 3 Pets, not The Sims 3?

Ohhh haha wow ok, yeah I found it. Thanks! :D