Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 330 times.
Bunned
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 3:11 AM
Default Who was your first Sim with permanent platinum?
For me it was my CAS couple, Fredrick and Autumn Lovell, who both wanted to achieve their golden anniversary. They did and it was so adorable

Here's a picture of them from...wow, two years ago

My avatar's name is Meat and he's from my webcomic: trioofevil.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:19 AM
One Sim wanted to be Chief of Staff. He got what he wanted and received platinum aspiration for the rest of his life!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:26 AM
Goodness that was far too long ago to remember, but no doubt it would have been a sim in a Maxis career type want. I know I had 2 siblings both achieve 20 best friends at uni back in 2007. I've played this game for ten years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:52 AM
This is a question, I think, for historians Like Jo I have been playing since 2005. Think it might have been Mr Roseland.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:29 AM
I don't think I've ever had a permaplat sim. Been playing since 2004.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:01 AM
Who was your first Sim with permanent platinum?

I haven't had one yet. I haven't been playing nearly as long as simsfreq -- only since November/December 2012 -- but I don't do anything to stop them reaching permaplat, in fact I think I try to help them, by giving them achievable LTWs and/or changing their careers to match their LTW. But nobody's got there yet. Maybe my unhurried aging-off playstyle takes the pressure off my Sims so they've time to enjoy their lives along the way. I think most of my Sims will have to be focused to achieve their LTWs but they don't have to be obsessed. There are other things in life.

I'm sure in time I'll have a few permaplat Sims, and I can think of a few likely candidates, but I really don't know who'll be first. I think I'll bookmark this thread and post again when somebody gets there.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:54 AM
Mine was a Fortune sim who reached the top of the Business career.

Because I play with aging off a lot and progress through ages slowly, since then I've download platinum aspiration slowing and fragile permaplat mods as it's kind of boring when they're permaplat. You feel as if there's nothing to work/aim for.
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:10 PM
My Mum's simself yeeeeears ago when we use to play together. It was 'have 6 grandchildren'. Being that I made all 5 of my siblings as sims too, she easily ended up with more than 6 grandchildren. I think she ended up with double that.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 2:46 AM
Never had one, after all these long, long, years....
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 3:31 AM
Beryl de Scie when I was doing a Legacy back in 2005. Her LTW was "to become a Captain Hero".

Since FT, my sims barely achieve their LTW and I don't play Legacy anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:01 AM
You know, I think I would have had one back in base game if permaplat was a thing then. I remember making a sim have 10 children because she rolled the want to, that was chaotic! I had just discovered cheating and she had my first set of twins (cheated) followed by my first set of natural twins. That was quite the surprise! Although I remember sending the first twins to uni, so I must have installed that at some point... perhaps her LTW was not to do with children, or I stopped playing them before achieving it.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 10:15 AM
Virtually all of my sims go permaplat. If they have a career-based LTW it's almost a doddle, some of them have done it within ten days of turning adult (though some wouldn't have made it pre-elder without Elixir of Life). I've also achieved it with 50 Dream Dates and 50 First Dates, though that was much harder work than any career, and I've just had a sim go permaplat through 200 grilled cheese sandwiches.

I've never pursued the Marry Off 6 Children LTW because I don't want my population to spiral out of control. Though having said that, it was Kaylynn Langerak's LTW once I'd made her playable, so she and her partner adopted six kids. Only two of them ever married, so Kaylynn changed her aspiration to get a career-based LTW.

My big failure has been with the Golden Anniversary - several of my sims have tried for it, thrown an anniversary party and got a good memory of it, but never turned platinum. Presumably I'm doing something wrong.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 10:33 AM
They should turn platinum as soon as the sim with the anniversary want phones up to start the party.

The only LTW's I haven't done would be the animals ones and strangely the ten top businesses even though i have heaps of sims who own businesses.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 10:34 AM
It is a bit of work, but there is really no reason for not getting them all in permaplat. The career ones (especially knowledge sims) are, for me, the easiest, because they just have to study and often do not need a ton of friends to be promoted. In the beginning of my playing days, when permaplat became a feature, I would play one family until they were all permaplat, and moved on then!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:19 PM
So far, my first and only Sim to ever achieve a permanent platinum has been Sera Uliase. In all of my time playing this game, only one Sim that I'm aware of has achieve this! My playstyle usually doesn't focus too heavily on wants, or even lifetime goals to that extent. However, Sera achieved this status a few weeks ago, as she has successfully raised three children who have all graduated from university! I didn't even know that such a feat was awarded with a platinum status, so it was quite surprising!

Here is a picture of Sera when she was an adult; also with her loving husband Ralph...

Check out my creations
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
They should turn platinum as soon as the sim with the anniversary want phones up to start the party.

It hasn't happened on the two (or is it three?) times I've done that.
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:43 PM
Free Time made it very easy. One of my Sims turned platinum and I did not even notice it right away - thought she was only in a long-lasting good mood.