Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:13 PM
Concerning lag in TS3, that is due to poorly made worlds by EA that have broken routing lines and too many spawners and a whole host of other things. If a simple template like in TS2 was used with a closer network for roads, it wouldn't be that lagging, considering you left out spawners and other things. That's just my own thoughts about all that lag, but true to a point in a lot of respects.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starryeyedSim
Yes, but I like my TS2 Sims better just wish EA had given the TS2 Sims fans an a better option. Once you play the openworld you begin in some small, very small way to miss it once you go back to playing TS2. Granted not everyone likes the confinement of the Open world....Not being able to switch Sims fast as in TS2 or micromanage them. But I just would like to see my TS2 Sims roaming around and sometimes even doing things that is out of my control so I can go zap that and put an end to them moving on without me. Insert evil grin.

Ye, I love playing TS2 I really want something so that when in Tab mode you can go around town alown like because when you go in first person mode and you want away from the house but you cant because there is a limit where you cant go anymore . And a mod so that I can go visit peoples houses and go to comunity lots without the loading screens and so that you can scroll around town.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:17 PM
I'd like to say it would be fun to have my family visit other families, but in all actuality I would never even use the feature. I rarely send them to community lots these days. There's just too much going on at home. That being said, couldn't you make a set of apartments that /look/ like seperate houses?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:31 PM
Oh brother, another long dead thread resurrected.

That said, I am glad that Sims 2 is the way it is. Sims in Sims 3 get stuck in the open world since route finding sucks, and the game lags because the game engine is trying to get the stuck Sims out. I also prefer loading screens to it taking several Sim hours for a Sim to get from point A to point B. China and Isla Paradiso are the worst worlds in terms of Sims taking forever (China doesn't have many paved roads, so Sims must walk or bike which takes longer. Isla Paradiso has more water than land, and the boats given to inactive Sims are so slow. Don't get me started on the speed of house boats.)
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:43 PM
But does anyone know a camera mod or something so that you can go into town in first person mode? Like a mod so you can go around town without that line thing that doesnt let you go eny further?
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 8:28 PM
I hate the open world in Sims 3. So, no.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I hate the open world in Sims 3. So, no.

I will like to tell you something... I like to be a sim! Not play the sims. And I really want something like that pretty please.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 9:34 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with a semi-open world, such as the houses circling the active lot being available for walking by, but not necessarily interactable - it would make storytelling easier.

Basically, if the immediate surroundings were prettier and reflected the actual houses and deco around the main lot, then I'd be happy. It's just such a bother that the houses surrounding a pretty lot look like they were imported from a Minecraft environment run by a 1980 computer model running on its last sign of life.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#59 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:05 PM
@chergirl don't resurrect three year old threads. Your post could have gone on the current thread 'hacks you would like to see' or on Where Can I Find.

There is a mod for visiting other sims by Chris Hatch, but it's also easy enough to teleport sims in and make them selectable.

Sims 4 has way more loading screens than Sims 2. I don't get what is so bad about waiting a minute for a lot to load, you have loading even in Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition, all games have them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:34 PM
Does enyone want to know how to be a sim? Well then heres the trick.

1- Create your dream family and house or load a family.
2- When in game press Tab and your in first person mode.
3- There now just go to the ground and you can be whatever you want to. I like to be a small sim because being an adult when you cant go out and stuck at home Nu uh. I think small sims are better and in the sims 3 I LOVE to be an adult because right now I am
sort of a child...Well not a child like a 6 year old no. ENJOY! :D
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:43 PM
Even assuming TS2's engine was capable of such a thing, I'd rather not have it. With an open world you spend too much time invested in the world space around you, rather than on the lot you're playing. Open world is good for games like GTA or TES where their key game elements are founded in open world game play, but it isn't really ideal for a game like The Sims. TS3 proved how awful an open-world Sims concept is.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM
Yes, the open world is a big part of why Sims 3 is full of rabbit holes and freezing. Do not want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sims 4 has way more loading screens than Sims 2. I don't get what is so bad about waiting a minute for a lot to load, you have loading even in Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition, all games have them.

The loading screens for Sims 2 don't take very long (less than a minute on my Sims computer), and I prefer them to the open world in Sims 3.

Even though the Fable Series is a different type of game, it also has loading screens (I've been playing Fable the Lost Chapters lately since my laptop can handle Fable, but not Sims 2. I have a lot of fun with it, but there are loading screens every time my character goes from one location to the next.)
Forum Resident
#64 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chergirl
Ye, I love playing TS2 I really want something so that when in Tab mode you can go around town alown like because when you go in first person mode and you want away from the house but you cant because there is a limit where you cant go anymore . And a mod so that I can go visit peoples houses and go to comunity lots without the loading screens and so that you can scroll around town.

Look in MTS download section for "camera mods"

Sophie David - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499067
Pacman - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=504385

It's better to ask in WCIF rather than dragging up an old thread.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:19 AM
As far as I am concerned, nothing could be more boring than looking at a Sim walking around all day, same roads, same sights, and then looking at the outside of the building where he/she works for the rest of the time. And maybe I was just unlucky, but every time I sent a Sim to visit somebody, they were out (even if they were home just before my Sim started walking over). In Sims 2 my Sims can walk to my community lots at any time, and I don't have to watch them do so. Works for me.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'd like to say it would be fun to have my family visit other families, but in all actuality I would never even use the feature. I rarely send them to community lots these days. There's just too much going on at home. That being said, couldn't you make a set of apartments that /look/ like seperate houses?

Well, if you build several small houses on a large lot and change the lot zone - why on earth not?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chergirl
I will like to tell you something... I like to be a sim! Not play the sims. And I really want something like that pretty please.

Oh, nothing stops you from visiting pretty community lots in TS2
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:51 PM Last edited by chergirl : 19th Jun 2015 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Look in MTS download section for "camera mods"

Sophie David - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499067
Pacman - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=504385

It's better to ask in WCIF rather than dragging up an old read.

Thank you Diovanlestat but I need that first person camera dosnt have eny clip.
Sorry I now I complain alot but if you can change it to no clip. I will really be happy :D
Scholar
#69 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:39 PM
When I play TS2, I usually play full occupied apartment lots to have some kind of open world/story progression. While I still play the families in turns, with the right objects and mods, they have enogh chances so make friends or enemys and to missbehave to mess things up while I'm not controlling them. I only wish it would be possible to have more than four playable apartments at one lot.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
When I play TS2, I usually play full occupied apartment lots to have some kind of open world/story progression. While I still play the families in turns, with the right objects and mods, they have enogh chances so make friends or enemys and to missbehave to mess things up while I'm not controlling them. I only wish it would be possible to have more than four playable apartments at one lot.

Yea but I dont have apartment life but can you actually make a apartment or hotel?
Mad Poster
#71 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:42 PM
You can disagree all you want - if StrangeTownChick is a Sim in my game, she is not getting any open world
Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'd be perfectly happy with a semi-open world, such as the houses circling the active lot being available for walking by, but not necessarily interactable - it would make storytelling easier.

Basically, if the immediate surroundings were prettier and reflected the actual houses and deco around the main lot, then I'd be happy. It's just such a bother that the houses surrounding a pretty lot look like they were imported from a Minecraft environment run by a 1980 computer model running on its last sign of life.
I think I rather agree with that. I also wish they'd made "Walk to Lot" available for base game, as I daren't run any EP above OFB on my netbook. It gets rather absurd when my Sims get into a taxi to go to the next door lot or the one across the road. Especially when they somehow manage to miss the taxi! . . .

There is a row of Moo's Mews 1x1 shops on the Italian side of my Veronaville, and Julian and Andrew were on an outing, going from one shop to the next. After drinking in the coffee house to keep their energy up, they wanted to go to the nightclub next door. Of course Julian had to phone for a taxi and then wait for it, even though the nightclub was about two steps beyond the telephone. When the taxi finally came, Julian got in, but I think Andrew's thought's were somewhere on another planet, and he was very slow in going to the taxi. The driver must have got fed up waiting, and, just as Andrew got to the taxi, he drove off, leaving Andrew looking very surprised on the pavement (sidewalk). Now the only reason for Julian going to the nightclub was to dance with Andrew (and probably make out too) so the nightclub was no fun at all on his own. He hung on for a while, but Andrew never came. (I think I half expected Andrew to walk from the next door shop.) So Julian just had to phone for another taxi and go home. Maybe they went via the coffee shop, because, when the taxi got to Julian's house, Andrew was in it.

. . . So, yes, a semi-open world would help a bit towards some realism! I don't mind the loading screens, but taking a taxi to the shop next door is just a touch absurd. (Maybe Andrew was pondering on the absurdity of the situation when he "forgot" to get into the taxi.)

I don't even mind the crude graphics in the neighbouring houses. For a long time I played without neighbours being visible at all, because that's the way the game installed itself, and I assumed my netbook wouldn't be able to show them. In fact I turned visible neighbours and decorations on a few months ago, and it makes no perceptible difference to performance, except when I'm playing my school with its 12 controllable Sims. So for me the crude graphics on the neighbouring houses are a lot better than not seeing them at all. Actually, since I'm short-sighted, I'd see real life a bit like that if I went out without my glasses!

Personally I don't mind these more general old threads being revived, as I wasn't around when they were on the go the first time

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:12 PM
Walk to lot makes a difference! My Sims walk everywhere, they do not own cars and they do not get a taxi. Never. Just a personal choice.

And as far as I know, I still have the final say about the Sims in my game do! So my new Sim named StrangeTownChick, is NOT getting an open world
Mad Poster
#74 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:29 PM
Justpetro, I think you're possibly being a bit harsh on StrangeTownChick. As I read this thread, it's chergirl who wants an open world; StrangeTownChick is more ambivalent about it.

And, chergirl, it's nice to meet someone else who'd like to be a Sim. I thought I was the only one. That's probably why I run Veronaville as a town I'd be happy to live in.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#75 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:45 PM
I have to say the ONE thing I did like about TS3 was the open neighbourhood. I didn't like what came with it, particularly story-progression, but I did like the fact that there was a real sense of place about the neighbourhoods. You could make proper towns. TS4's solution to the problems of open neighbourhoods could have worked very well - sort of areas that are open around lots - but it was completely borked in the implementation as far as I am concerned.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 3 of 5