Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:50 PM
Default WCIF map icons
You know, the ones that show up when you zoom out to the map while playing? I took a gander at some of the icon sets here at MTS, but they seem to only cover thoughtbubble and moodlet rabble.

I specifically want these so I can key my own large scale photomerged maps of neighbourhoods in photoshop, so I'm OK with any format (dds, png, ico, etc.) I am also more interested in the ones that come from EPs, especially Late Night.

I have thought about cropping them out from in-game screenshots or drudging through the fullbuild package files in s3pe, but would prefer that as a last resort.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:52 PM
The drudgery method is not such drudgery as you presume. The basegame icons are in the FullBuild0, they are IMAG, titled like "maptag_blah_blah". Easy to find.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:55 AM
Most excellent! Thank you.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:57 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 21st Feb 2012 at 5:07 PM.
Well, I did drudged through S3PE and then Fireworks to get them as they appear in-game.
I have the RabbitHole maptags done as I was working on documenting it for the Wiki. You can grab them (from the wiki) after I upload it, if you want. But most likely not until the weekend.

You're on your own for the Community/Professions Lots, though. But at least half the work is done, eh?

If you want them as a zipped file, sent me a PM with somewhere I can send them to, or I can upload the 7z to a filesharing site, I guess. Saves time from having to download one-by-one?
They are 64x64 pngs.
I suppose if there's a widespread request for said icons, I can even upload them here to the Downloads area...
Screenshots