Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 41 (Who?), Viewed: 7160 times.
Page 2 of 2
Instructor
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:33 AM
I have only one answer for this topic. If EA made any further EPs, be it Basic or Stuff pack, I simply WOULDN'T buy it. All over the suffering 10 years, they did nothing but Screw Up the few achievements we've got through hours of work, destroying our eyes (and patience)! I shiver only by hearing that they have Patched something!
Everybody know what everybody want, the problem is - we never get it!
Mad Poster
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:10 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:38 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaMestre
I totally agree with M.M.A.A.! I'd love to have more crops and some farm animals - just don't know if I could kill them for food, though...

and that too - killing animals for food - would be a great addition. although, the graphics should not show any blood or anything, peaceful killing.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:14 PM
There are CC farm animals. I've got some from the second site linked below, but haven't really tested them out yet.
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg7.htm
http://sims2farm.6x.to/
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
There are CC farm animals. I've got some from the second site linked below, but haven't really tested them out yet.
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg7.htm
http://sims2farm.6x.to/

i already have those, but i wanted something more EAxis-ish :D
Forum Resident
#30 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:35 PM
I never got into the whole CC farm animal thing. I love farms and would love to build one but there's something creepy to me about animals that just stand there all day and night. Never moving a muscle. Maybe animated ones exist somewhere but the statue ones freak me out.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwinney43
I never got into the whole CC farm animal thing. I love farms and would love to build one but there's something creepy to me about animals that just stand there all day and night. Never moving a muscle. Maybe animated ones exist somewhere but the statue ones freak me out.

there are animated ones, those in the second link provided by Darby are animated and can be found at the booty.
Site Helper
#32 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:14 PM. Reason: Reword for clarity.
If EA made a new expansion pack, then SimPE, various other tools, and many mods would stop working. Since many of these creators have left the community, you would have to choose between installing the new EP, or having access to existing tools and mods.

One of the best things about TS2, in my mind, is that it's no longer in development.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:05 PM
Totally agree. A new EP, even if the game could handle the addition (highly doubt it) would be a nightmare, as far as I'm concerned. Certainly, there are tons of objects, features, and animations I'd love to see, but since it's not going to happen, I prefer to focus on CC and mods to enhance the game we ultimately ended up with.

Ideally, they'd take all the best parts of Sims 2, add all the stuff that's been on people's wish lists for years, and put it in Sims 4. But, I've pretty much given up on the idea that Sims 4 could possibly be the Sims 2 concept done even better. *sigh*
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:21 PM
At times, I feel that The Sims 2 ignores the grouchy/nice trait. A nice sim is not supposed to laugh at anybody's death (not even an enemy's.) In addition, a nice sim should never throw their shopping bags onto the floor in a fit of rage and should never seek to complain. Finally, a nice sim should never boo anybody, should never trash and never steal from another person's house, should never turn a deaf ear to another's conversation, and should never boo anybody. Needless to say, nice sims should despise the cow plant and have nothing to do with it (it would be funny if the milk from the cow plant was a deadly venom to nice sims.) As far as fighting goes, nice sims should only be able to poke. If ever an expansion pack is made, it should make those changes to nice sims. What's the point of a trait if it is ignored by the game?

Laugh not, for World War 3 is starting to become very real, and the heroes in the television shows will not appear to stop it. Be wise and prepare now.
Scholar
#35 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:29 PM
I agree with Mootilda on the point that while we can dream all we want about EA making a new EP/SP for the game, it will never happen for many reasons:

The original designer team for Sims 2 is long gone, and those who are working on Sims 3 do not necessarily have the same kind of reference to Sims 2 that we do-or can you guess by the Sims 3 game?

No, it's better this way. At least we do have tons and tons of stuff that was made back 'in the day' when Sims 2 was the only game in town and everyone wanted to design everything possible for it. You can more or less design roughly the ideas being expressed in this thread if you put your mind to it.

There's still a lot available for this game as it is now. Be thankful for many places (MTS being one of them) still being open and things downloadable even now, 4 years after Sims 3 was launched.

I do recall that after Sims 2 was launched, an awful lot of Sims 1 sites disappeared from view, and are only a distant and fond memory.
Instructor
#36 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M.A.A.
there are animated ones, those in the second link provided by Darby are animated and can be found at the booty.

Agree. I have those and they are animated. So much so, that the cow kept walking from her pen to the pen on the other side of the farm, where the other animals where and I kept putting her back in her pen. Finally, I gave up and now she sleeps happily with the pigs, chickens and chicks:

Free to download from here: http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

There are sheep and horses, too... but honestly, my farmer has all he and his wife can keep up with taking care of the animals they already have!

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Test Subject
#37 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:48 PM
My fantasy wish list invloves combining the best of the sim city series (in my opinion sim city 4) with the best of the sims (sims 2) this would be such a huge project it would be more likely to be for a sims 4 than an EP. You'd be able to play both sim city style, build and control the town/city, run the finances, deal with employment, utilities and leisure facilites etc. and then easily zoom in to play at the micro level of households, all within the one game. This would be my dream come true as I love both these games so much. I realise that there already exist somes mods that capture some of this, like some of the great neighbourhood decorations that people have made add a sim city vibe to the game, enabling a player to really build up a great mass transit system for example. And I also know that towns made in sim city 4 can/are imported into sims 2. (I tried doing this myself and it was a massive fail, lol). There was also some cross referencing between sims 1 and sim city as some of the characters in sims 1 appear in sim city 4, but I'd love to see it enhanced even further and made much easier to access for those of us not technically minded enough to make our own custom content/mods.

I realise that this is never going to happen of course, sim city has gone massively down hill (Sim City Societies anyone? shudder) but a girl can dream. As this thread is about wishes/dreams not reality.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:47 PM
Personally speaking the only thing would ever want from an expansion or new Stuff pack from EA would be an expansion or Stuff pack that gave us all the missing things from the Sims updated for Sims 2. I'd love to have the wacky vacation mascots, Claire the bear, El bandito, and Tragic clown visiting my Pleasantview and have the set pieces from Superstar and Makin Magic, as well as the slot machine, vacation arcade games cake dancers, dance cage etc. I'd love to have the ability to buy ingredients to make certain specialty dishes, or to fear rabbits destroying my crops. The list of great "The Sims" things that we never got with Sims 2 could go on and I know that some developers have tried to create some of these objects, but there are only a few items available.

Heck give us a new neighborhood called Olde Town in an expansion with all these missing features and I'd be truly happy.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:19 PM
I want an expanded OFB EP. It's really this EP that keeps me playing, because otherwise careers are all the same, and the number of custom ones is limited. More types of businesses, more options, etc.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:56 AM
It would be cool if they made things that were a tad more realistic and other stuff like more instruments, applying deodorant, shaving, getting sick from overeating,breakin arms or legs or toes, wheelchairs, stuff like that-I know wishful thinking but itd be pretty cool. :D
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:54 AM
If they wanted to expand TS2 I suppose they would have kept open the TS2 Store and add any new content there.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:33 PM
There's another farm animal set that you can download... you can find it on the Pay Sites Must Be Destroyed website (google it!). For more info, see this site: http://sims2farm.6x.to/

I'm pretty glad that TS2 have no more expansions, though... My computer would definitely implode on itself.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Page 2 of 2

Section jump