Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 3174 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:39 PM
Default Ughhhhhhhh!!
So last night I was watching my younger siblings while my parents were out shopping. We all wanted to watch TV so we voted on a show. Me and my younger brother both wanted to watch Doctor Who (yeah we're American, I know about it 'cause my British friend told me all about it, I'm so happy Doctor Who is on Netflix lol) but my sister wanted to watch something else. We got into a huge fight since it was a 2 to 1 vote. Well she gets mad and what does she do?

Grabs my brand-new iPod Touch and throws it at the wall.

Now it has a 3-inch crack across the screen and Apple won't fix it because they don't fix screens. Freaking perfect.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:30 PM
That really stinks. Is it still usable? I love Dr. Who, too. Just so you know, there is already a vent thread going. This would be the exact type of post that would go there.

Wisdom is found in the paradox
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:13 PM
Tell your parents, she'll have to learn the hard way I think you can sometimes get the screen repaired for not much

My Simblr: Here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappyTamTam
Now it has a 3-inch crack across the screen and Apple won't fix it because they don't fix screens. Freaking perfect.

Hey, don't you know? eBay!

No, really. Its really easy to buy a kit and do it yourself, you save a few bucks and you have the satisfaction of telling your friends and going: Hey look at this! I fixed it myself! In all endeavors, I wish you good luck. And next time, try this. Then let your sister throw that thing. If it breaks after that, then I never want to meet your sister!

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
That really stinks. Is it still usable? I love Dr. Who, too. Just so you know, there is already a vent thread going. This would be the exact type of post that would go there.

Yes it's still usable but the big ugly crack is kind of annoying :/

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:19 PM
that's terrible! I'd hate to have a crack through my ipod touch! but your parents should speak to her about that, it was a fair vote, 2 against 1 and she had to right to throw a tantrum and crack your ipod like that!
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:54 PM
Tell her you'll watch doctor who this time, and her show the next time, and stick to it. That way everyone gets to watch what they want.. Eventually. It was wrong of her to throw your iPod though.
Theorist
#8 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:36 AM
I think you need to report to your parents. Your sister needs to learn that things can't always go her way (especially since she's outvoted in this one) and that throwing a violent tantrums aren't getting her anywhere -.-
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:05 AM
That's too bad, the only thing you can do is report her to your parents.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:11 AM
You can easily buy another off of the internet and get either one of your techie friends to fix it or learn to fix it yourself, I mean thats what the internet is for...

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
You can easily buy another off of the internet and get either one of your techie friends to fix it or learn to fix it yourself, I mean thats what the internet is for...

Just because it can be fixed and/or replaced doesn't mean others are allowed to throw it around.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 5:47 PM
Well thats true, but you know, helpful suggestion and all.

You could trick her and take her to a therapist? Just an idea?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:56 PM
Your need to confiscate something of hers and tell her you sold it on ebay so that you could earn money to fix your ipod screen.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org

Section jump