Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 4661 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:46 AM
Default Wrong UV Mapping.. Need Help!
Hello.

I'm new on making basic objects. I tried to make a mesh test cloned from Mystic Life "Flower Vase". Mesh & recolor show up in game. When I rotated the vase mesh backward, the leaves started to be vanished.

What options should I select to UV map "leaf" one by one?
To show the leaves mesh front and back normally without vanishing?
Need help for solution quickly.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 10:07 AM
I'm assuming your leaf are made from plane... you should duplicate the plane, move a little (as in super little just to make the two planes not overlap) to the other side and then, in MS, face> reverse vertex order.

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for response. Yes I've used plane. I did "reverse vertex order" following black&white mesh like Maxis has.
The leaves (black side) are still been vanished until i tried 5 times. The results are same.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:24 AM
Okay so, I made my plane in MS.

After you moved the second plane. FACE> Reverse vertex order. the product will be the second plane will be gray and not black. you can hide the first plane if you can't really see it well, because sometimes the black overshadows the gray on the other plane.

LEGEND: the word 'duplicated' on the picture means the second plane. to avoid confusion.

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:32 AM
Thanks! By the way, I'd tried it myself, like the tutorial you said, wow it was THAT easy :S
I was very noob and not familiar with milkshape at that time, now I've mastered it to the high level
Here are my plant mesh and the result:

Section jump