Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 482 (Who?), Viewed: 113396 times.
Page 20 of 20
Top Secret Researcher
#476 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
I just edited Oasis Landing a couple weeks ago using the methods described at the beginning of this thread.
Test Subject
#477 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pendragon
I just edited Oasis Landing a couple weeks ago using the methods described at the beginning of this thread.

In other words, you don't have the latest patches.
Lab Assistant
#478 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:23 PM
Hi everyone,
for me, editing Sunlit Tides a couple of weeks ago worked just fine, but probably I don't have all the newest patches, so I guess that's not terribly helpful concerning the question above. - However, I do have another one, relating to the file size of edited premade worlds: I've noticed that after I hauled Sunlit Tides through S3PE (importing it into a new empty world etc.), the file size was increased by something like 20 MB. I thought it was probably due to objects on the general layer or whatever, and the increase would disappear anyway once I opened the world in CAW. BUT, even after deleting all lots and a vast number of trees and somesuchlike, my edited version is, in the end, LARGER than the original one. ...???...
Does anyone have a clue as to why and how to avoid this? Or do you experience the same thing, and it's normal and I just didn't notice it before? It's really annoying because I'm trying to reduce world file sizes so's I can play them on my little laptop as well ...
Test Subject
#479 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hi everyone.

I recently downloaded a custom world. There was no problem when I installed it. However it contained EP stuff that I do not possess, including some bridges. So I decided to import it into CAW and rebuild everything but the roads. Thus, I deleted every layer, except the Global, which cannot be deleted and unfortunately consists of more than 5000 objects (deleting them means first moving them into another layer, which can only be done "one by one"). Problem is I couldn't save what had been left.

So, is there any way I can empty a world, but not as exporting the height-map, since I want to maintain the road structure?
Test Subject
#480 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
yo,is there a way to resize premade map from 100 to 200
Instructor
#481 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinep_anigav
yo,is there a way to resize premade map from 100 to 200

Not that I know of. I think you're stuck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy4
Hi everyone.

I recently downloaded a custom world. There was no problem when I installed it. However it contained EP stuff that I do not possess, including some bridges. So I decided to import it into CAW and rebuild everything but the roads. Thus, I deleted every layer, except the Global, which cannot be deleted and unfortunately consists of more than 5000 objects (deleting them means first moving them into another layer, which can only be done "one by one"). Problem is I couldn't save what had been left.

So, is there any way I can empty a world, but not as exporting the height-map, since I want to maintain the road structure?

Yes, you can swap out that global layer for a clean one. There's a tutorial up in the tut section......................

Here it is Cleaning the Global Layer Instead of making my own, I use the files Simsample uploaded in post #9 here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...169#post3939169 So you just have to replace the global layer with Simsample's, then open up the .world in s3pe, and import the resource file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiinii
Hi everyone,
for me, editing Sunlit Tides a couple of weeks ago worked just fine, but probably I don't have all the newest patches, so I guess that's not terribly helpful concerning the question above. - However, I do have another one, relating to the file size of edited premade worlds: I've noticed that after I hauled Sunlit Tides through S3PE (importing it into a new empty world etc.), the file size was increased by something like 20 MB. I thought it was probably due to objects on the general layer or whatever, and the increase would disappear anyway once I opened the world in CAW. BUT, even after deleting all lots and a vast number of trees and somesuchlike, my edited version is, in the end, LARGER than the original one. ...???...
Does anyone have a clue as to why and how to avoid this? Or do you experience the same thing, and it's normal and I just didn't notice it before? It's really annoying because I'm trying to reduce world file sizes so's I can play them on my little laptop as well ...

I have never noticed an increase in file size. I would like to think I would have noticed, but who knows. What could be increasing it by 20mb's? That's very odd.
Lab Assistant
#482 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver1337
Anyway, I want to make a default replacement for each of the EA worlds, which function exactly like the EA worlds -- but, my default replacement would have a few extra lots and roads to accommodate the EP community lots. That means I want all of the Sims, ghosts, house names, everything (even the description and thumbnail/.png), to be exactly the same as they should be. If possible, I want to just be able to swap out the original .world file with my edited one -- the same way you use ellacharmed's world fixes. In fact, I'm planning on incorporating as many of her fixes as possible into my edited version, mostly to warm myself up a little to the tools again (and to make myself feel accomplished, of course!).

After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to successfully create a default replacement for Bridgeport. It works, complete with all the original content (with one quirk, which I'll mention in a minute). I'll post my findings here in case they are of use to anyone. Most of the tutorials seem to be geared around creating an alternate version of the world. This one is specifically for an ellacharmed-style default replacement that retains all the premade Sims and their data, but also includes your own modifications. In fact, I used her fixed version of Bridgeport as a base for my modified version, which simply adds some empty lots (with addresses) and flattens part of the terrain to allow for them.

I've placed my tutorial inside spoiler tags due to length.

Now like I said, there is one quirk I have found. The newly replaced world will be missing a world description. I imagine there is another resource necessary to export for this to appear properly (WDSH?) but other than that the world should load and work fine, complete with premade Sims with proper names, descriptions, celebrity and occult status, etc. I'm gonna look into it and post back with any updates.

Also your lots might look messed up in low-detail view, which is just the standard CAW voodoo which is fixed by going into Buy/Build on the lots and then back to Edit Town again.
Instructor
#483 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to successfully create a default replacement for Bridgeport. It works, complete with all the original content (with one quirk, which I'll mention in a minute). I'll post my findings here in case they are of use to anyone. Most of the tutorials seem to be geared around creating an alternate version of the world. This one is specifically for an ellacharmed-style default replacement that retains all the premade Sims and their data, but also includes your own modifications. In fact, I used her fixed version of Bridgeport as a base for my modified version, which simply adds some empty lots (with addresses) and flattens part of the terrain to allow for them.

Wow, this sounds great! And, like a lot of hard work went into it. Do you plan on uploading your default replacement(s)? Also, I might suggest that you include instructions in your tutorial on how to "back up" or safely store the original Bridgeport / world somewhere before starting to edit in case the player wants to go back to it.
Page 20 of 20

Section jump