Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 1435 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:53 PM
Default Transferring Neighborhood?
A bit back, I created a new neighborhood, wiped it clean, and made my own townies and downtownies for it. Now, however, I have downloaded a new neighborhood that I really want to play with, but I want to keep the people I created a bit back. From what I've heard this might not be possible, but, I was wondering if there is a way to transfer all of my people from one neighborhood to another. The only way I see that I could do it would be really long and tedious: summon every one of the sims I created to the house and add them to the family, package that family, unzip it to the new neighborhood, and then set everyone back as townies and downtownies. But, seeing as there between 100-200 sims, it would be a very long process that I would like to avoid. Does anyone know of an easier way to do this? I don't care if sims loose their personalities/memories, I just want their appearances to stay the same.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:10 PM
Moving Sims the Easy Way -- preserves their appearances, but relations, skills, jobs etc. would have to be recreated by you.

The way you suggested, if you didn't do it properly (scroll down on the link to see 'the hard way' to transfer sims) would break both your old 'hood and your new one.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:12 PM
Are you suggesting that you summon sims, move them in, move the house to the lots bin, switch neighbourhoods, place house, release sims? DON'T DO THAT OH MY GOD NO! You will break both neighbourhoods. You can extract their appearances in SimPE, clone them (very important) in Bodyshop and then remake them in the game. It will be even more tedious than your original plan, but it will be safe.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:15 PM
Are you talking about a new, populated hood or about a new terrain. You can change the hood terrain without moving the sims from one hood to another, using this program by mootilda.

Section jump