Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2x Weight and Fitness Integration core-mod by Consort

by Consort Posted 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:59 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2016 at 1:18 AM by Consort

335 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 14
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:23 PM
Finally! Realism!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:24 PM
Neat! This is one of those mods I never thought about but definitely want!

I'm throwing it in my game, I'll play around with it for a while and let you know how it goes!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
This looks good. I do have a question though. How quickly do the sims lose or gain weight/muscle? I am concerned about adding a mod that might cause them to go from fat to skinny in a few workouts.

I do like the fact that the sims do not 'snap' back to the max/mins. Not sure I like the extreme skinny look but if it takes a long time to do that, then it will be fine.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
This looks good. I do have a question though. How quickly do the sims lose or gain weight/muscle? I am concerned about adding a mod that might cause them to go from fat to skinny in a few workouts.

I do like the fact that the sims do not 'snap' back to the max/mins. Not sure I like the extreme skinny look but if it takes a long time to do that, then it will be fine.

This mod does not change any of the rates at which Sims lose/gain weight/fitness. It just unlocks the possibility of doing so beyond the EA limits.

If you're not happy with the standard EA rates, these values are XML moddable in detail.
Here's a mod by Twoftmama that does that http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...__fromsearch__1 (signup required)
I can't recommend using that mod because it also slows down fitness gain so much that it becomes impossible to get muscular, but it's a great start if you want to remod it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
This looks great! I do have a question. I have Cmar_ CAS slider hack x2 does it need to be removed to use this MOD? And, in NRaas MC I set the max value for the muscle slider in CAS to 2? because right now the limit is +1, i believe?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:54 PM
Thanks for that! I will take a look and see about making my own XML mod to slow the rates. I could use that with yours, right?
The other one
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:19 PM
Like someone else said, I didn't know I wanted this mod until you created it! DLing now, thanks.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grieralexander
This looks great! I do have a question. I have Cmar_ CAS slider hack x2 does it need to be removed to use this MOD? And, in NRaas MC I set the max value for the muscle slider in CAS to 2? because right now the limit is +1, i believe?

I am using and recommending CMAR's x2 slider hack (cmar_SkinTonePanel_BodySliders.package) which is a non-core mod that also works standalone. It's fully compatible by my experience. CMAR also has some core mod packages that should hopefully work because they override a different DLL, not tested though.

I'm also using Twallan's NRaas Master Controller. It's my weapon of choice for testing and making fat townies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Thanks for that! I will take a look and see about making my own XML mod to slow the rates. I could use that with yours, right?

Yep, worked for me, XML mods are usually compatible to everything.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
I am using and recommending CMAR's x2 slider hack (cmar_SkinTonePanel_BodySliders.package) which is a non-core mod that also works standalone. It's fully compatible by my experience. CMAR also has some core mod packages that should hopefully work because they override a different DLL, not tested though.

I'm also using Twallan's NRaas Master Controller. It's my weapon of choice for testing and making fat townies.

Thanks for your quick reply! Tha is all I needed to know. I use Twallan's mods as standards in my game and Cmar I use his stand alone ones. Great work, this will make a huge difference at least in my game and lessen the problem with non default skins when sims did snapped back. Lately, I had no working out items in my lots and kept the sims busy; however one started working out in front of the TV and had to ke him back into CAS. Thanks, this will let me use all these items again!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM
Looks really good, pity I've already got a core mod.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:27 PM
"Big Girls you are beautiful..." Hahaha -D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:56 PM
I can't seem to get my sim to the 'super skinny'.

Over eating worked beautifully, so did the gradual weight gain, however my sims been doing cardio and isn't getting any smaller.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:06 AM
Earlier today when I saw this mod, I was like "Ehh, I'll pass." Now that I think about it, however, I really do want this mod. Thanks for making this mod, lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Consort : 4th Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jaclyn
I can't seem to get my sim to the 'super skinny'.

Over eating worked beautifully, so did the gradual weight gain, however my sims been doing cardio and isn't getting any smaller.

You're absolutely right, thanks for the input! As mentioned i hadn't come around to testing this.

The game logic seems to say that -0.5 is the minimum weight you can reach by cardio. This means that even in an unpatched game a Sim weighing -1 would actually gain weight by using the treadmill!

The good news is that no snapping occurs with custom made -2 Sims. They gain a few grams on the treadmill but don't snap to the standard -1 value.

I have to admit I dont't really want to do anything about it. The main purpose of this mod is to integrate custom made Sims better into gameplay, namely avoid snapping (and inheritance in a later release). I would hate to see my hawt neighbour firefighter chick get totally anorexic because I meet her at the gym everyday and watch her use the treadmill for a while.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
Good..glad you are not changing it. I prefer my sims to not be too thin..but don't mind some fat sims in my hoods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:39 AM
well this is just fun Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:49 AM
@rian90 Having a super skinny gigolo with a high voice in town is fun too. I just say Quagmire from Family Guy

But youre right, it needs a few really fat chicks to be hillarious
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:25 AM
Consort,

I have almost all the NRaas mods, will any off the mods interfere with this. I know would wrote you have some NRaas mods but you didn't say which.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:27 AM
Might it be possible to edit the maximum fitness-fatness "range" for this mod? What if 2x muscle is not enough for us? :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
Consort,

I have almost all the NRaas mods, will any off the mods interfere with this. I know would wrote you have some NRaas mods but you didn't say which.

This mod is marked as ***TESTING ONLY***

This basically means that you have to try if it works, then report back if it does or doesnt.

I'm using 19 NRaas .packages and they seem to work fine, but I can't test them all. That's what I need you guinnea pigs for

Thanks in advance!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthRuin
Might it be possible to edit the maximum fitness-fatness "range" for this mod? What if 2x muscle is not enough for us? :P

I chose +/- 2 because it affects males and females and all possible combinations of weight and fitness, thin and fat faces, children and elders, all townies etc. etc. You will see some visual breakage like flipped normals with certain combinations of those settings already.

Yes you can put it to +/- 100 if you like. Thats technically possible but I am rather not going to support that (for new patch levels).

On the other hand... What numbers are we speaking of? Maybe we can agree on other values than -2+2 that work for everyone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:22 AM
What about 3 or four? Those values might allow for a maximum "reasonable" range.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:50 AM Last edited by Consort : 4th Mar 2012 at 4:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DarthRuin
What about 3 or four? Those values might allow for a maximum "reasonable" range.

4 looks like that http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9059489/Screenshot-8.jpg

ok, thats actually 4 fat and 4 fit as a bad example

But yea, fatness and fitness values are debatable and I can make a custom unlimited one if youre interested.
Page 1 of 14