Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Bad CC problem or bug?? Sims who grow up and and bathe without feet.
Please help! You did everything and I can not figure it out, it's pretty annoying every time my sims bathe their feet when they are also invisible inmvisibles also grow out sucks! and try deleting as downloads peggy boots that caused the problem and the game still is not, I have these mods: MC, DE, The Overwatch and all of Twallan SP. I am desperate any ideas? ... My game version is 1.29 and I have to Pets, I updated my content with the Fix Rig, I deleted caches, all I'm crazy!! Please help...
Attached is a picture:

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:02 AM
Moving to Sims 3 Help, since you're not making your own custom content.

Have you edited the affected sims' naked outfits using MasterController or AwesomeMod, to give them back their feet?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:46 AM
Those are the NULL feet (courtesy of Mr. Skeleto). They spread with other Sims and give you invisible Feet.

You will probably need to weed through your downloaded Sims and find the guilty party and then remove the Sim. You can simply change shoes to give this Sim back his feet.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:29 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 4th Mar 2012 at 12:04 PM.
If that is indeed the Null Shoes item from my Mr Skeleto sim, I've been told about this before (actually, it was you who told me, crinrict!) and unfortunately I have no control over what other people do with my creations after they download them from here - it's not my own original sim that caused this, it's because numerous people re-posted my Mr Skeleto on the Exchange in sims3pack form claiming that they created him themselves, and it seems that once someone packages cc into sims3pack form and distributes it on the Exchange, the included cc can 'go viral' like that infamous doll or that equally infamous horse body.

Exchange members can (maybe even mistakenly) include other people's cc, such as the Null Shoes, within the sims3packs of other sims that they upload, without you knowing that the extra cc is included. My Creator Policy specifically states "Do not upload to the Exchange" but unfortunately some people choose to ignore creators' policies.

This is one very good reason why it is always best to ONLY download sims that come in .sim form, such as they all do here, and never in sims3pack form.

If you have a package file called NullShoesNude.package dated 03-09-10 in your Mods/Packages folder, that is my original Null Shoes file and you can just delete that file if you want. But once it's been illicitly included in someone else's sims3pack, I don't think there's anything you can do about that except to uninstall all your sims that came as sims3packs and see if it goes away, as crinrict suggested.
Inventor
#5 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:44 PM
I'm unsure what tests I did back when I posted in your thread but I think, I've downloaded Mr. Skeleto, created a Sim and exported it through the game and then they were stuck on that sim (I'm unsure if I've used them or not). Much has been changed since then and more and more package cc simply comes with Sims (it's nobody's fault, it's just the way it is). You can't see the in custard to remove since they are on the Sim itself and only removing the guilty Sim can rid you of the shoes.

You should actually see them when you try to put on shoes.

I'll go try right now.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:30 PM
They're literally just a pair of shoes, the mesh of which consists of only one tiny triangle. Wearing them simply makes a sim look like they have invisible feet. There's nothing special about them that would cause them to mysteriously get 'stuck' to other sims unintentionally, any more than any other pair of shoes would.
Inventor
#7 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:48 PM
That's the point. Other shoes do that too. As well as hair and makeup. There's clothing that does it too (like the infamous bad apron). It's nothing you've done. Yours were just the first I've noticed this issue with.

It's either the tools or EA (probably EA).

I've just tried. If I use them on a Sim, export the sim, then remove the package files and import the sim, I get the Null feet in my game. Does not happen if I don't use the Null feet. Custard shows no indication of them being on the file.

So, all the OP can do is remove the Sim he initially go them with (unless he has Mr. Skeleto himself).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:43 PM
By 'export', do you mean export as sims3pack or .sim file? I don't know what happens with sims3packs, because I never export my sims or any other creations in that format, but I would be really surprised if cc was being exported in a .sim file, I don't think that's technically possible. (But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) If this is really happening with .sim files, then wow, that's rather worrying! I guess the best point to remember is: if you don't want to export a sim with some unwanted cc, then don't have him wearing it when you export him!
Inventor
#9 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:00 PM
I shared them from within CAS which makes them a sims3pack with a Sim in it (not a household). When I reinstall them, I have a .sim file in my saved Sim folder.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:55 PM
That's probably your problem - exporting as a sims3pack. Try dressing your sim in some cc items (but not cc hair, as that can crash the game of someone who doesn't already have the same hair) and then exporting him as a .sim file, by taking him into CAS, clicking the three dots under the sim's icon at the bottom of the screen, then choosing the icon of a folder with an arrow pointing into it. This will re-save your sim into a new .sim file in your SavedSims folder who will be named, say, Joe Bloggs_1.sim rather than the original sim's name of Joe Bloggs.sim.

Have a friend (who doesn't have the same cc that you had your sim wearing) add the resulting new .sim file to their SavedSims folder, and see if the sim is still wearing any cc you had him wearing in your game. He should only be wearing generic default EA base game stuff that the game substitutes for the cc. Hence why .sim files really are the best and safest option for sharing sims.
Inventor
#11 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
If you do it that one, their not in the game BUT 90% of the users export their stuff via sims3packs (I don't cause I don't share my stuff, I just try to figure stuff out for everyone) so it's still an issue.

For those that use the exchange, it's the only way to share their stuff, whether that's the best method to do it or not.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:03 PM
If that's as widespread as you say, then it is a BIG problem. I don't download other creators' sims if they come as sims3packs, and as mentioned above, I don't export any of my creations as sims3packs. I just don't trust the format, especially when I hear of 'viral unwanted random bits of cc' situations such as you describe.

So it was a bit unfair to say in your earlier post about my Null Shoes which I shared here as a standalone .package file, that "They spread with other Sims and give you invisible Feet". They don't. What's REALLY happening, is that some people who export sims as sims3packs are inappropriately including my shoes, and/or other people's cc, in their sims3packs, whether intended or not.

This is one of the two reasons my policy states "Do not upload to the Exchange". (The other reason simply being that of not being pleased with others stealing and taking credit for my hard work!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:44 PM
If in fact recently got some sims from the exchange I will delete all and see if it works on the file NullShoesNude.package I checked my downloads folder Mods and have not found it then I guess it's those two sims I downloaded recently I will test if that is, by the way I understood it to have the file NullShoesNude.package feet should display correctly?? In the event that my game still persists the problem could install this file? That would help, thank you very much my English is not very good and deeply appreciate your help.
Inventor
#14 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:47 PM
The feet are not very widespread, I would say, just the problem of package files being included in Sims is (there are many files that do that). I was just saying that about 90% of the people upload their stuff as Sims3Packs and not as Sim Files.

Since the don't upload when you are not using them, not many people will actually have it on their sim (only the weirdos that want no feet)

I apologize for my wording but since you never acknowledged my post I though you kinda don't care . The wording is a bit harsh, I admit (but also keep in mind that I'm German speaking). I tried to tell the OP where to look for the download he has, which is either your original file or a Sim he downloaded from the exchange.

What I don't get is why he has a Sim with no feet randomly, since your files are not categorized as such, so maybe someone even changed your original file (which I haven't heard of though).

Hope all is good and there are no hard feelings on your part. I see so much cc that sneaks in people's games and so many creators that do not even bother to fix the most obvious errors (which is not the case for you since I wouldn't know what you would need to do to prevent this) that I sometimes can't find the right words

I know that it's not your fault that people just upload stuff but many are not even aware that they are spreading stuff (especially since everyone always says that package files don't get packed with Sims3Packs, which is only partly true.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:33 PM
Default help me!!
I did and did not solve the problem in all my new sims I think there is the damn problem! I do not know what else to do!
Example:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:43 PM
There is a mod which force the sims show your feet? Because there is with anything and I'm starting to despair
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:45 PM
@viri2626, if the Null Shoes are in your game, they will be in the Shoes section in CAS, probably towards the bottom of the Shoes section, and their thumbnail is a pair of bare legs with no feet. One thing you could try is to look in your installed items in your Sims 3 Launcher and see if you see that thumbnail there - in that case, you might be able to uninstall them from the Launcher.

@crinrict, No problem, I know you weren't being harsh! I know you warn people about bad CC in your blog, and that's very helpful.

I don't know why the shoes would show up randomly either, I didn't enable them for Random, but looks like someone did somewhere along the line, maybe trying to be funny, who knows.

Sorry, I didn't reply to your comment about this on my download page way back then, because there really wasn't anything I could say - I knew that it wasn't my item that was the problem, and that I can't control what other people do with my stuff once they've downloaded - if they want to redistribute it weirdly, there isn't really anything I, or any other creator, can do. My Creator Policy, as well as asking people not to upload to the Exchange, also asks people not to redistribute my CAS meshes with their sims, but that sometimes gets ignored too!
Inventor
#18 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:55 PM
@viri2626: Which of those shoes does your sim have on ? The NullFeet should have a folder icon if you have them and look like EsmeraldaF described.

You might need to scroll down to find them.

@EsmeraldaF: Yeah, people don't care about other people's work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM
@crinrict I can´t see I mean do not you can see, is as if he had put any shoe.
Inventor
#20 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:48 PM
move the folder savedSims to the desktop and see if the issue goes away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:52 PM
Ok guys I've done this: I removed the folder first Dcache and tried to play alone with the Mods folder, the result the problem still persisted, then tried to play alone with the folder Dcache and what happened??? The problem disappeared then the download that's bugging me the game is installed in the folder Mods, now to know what any ideas? Thank you very much indeed for your help! So now I need to find the damn download! (It may be something other than shoes or have to be any discharge of shoes?

Example:

They gone!!!!

With mods still ¬¬
Inventor
#22 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:59 PM
Use the 50/50 Method to find the culprit. It's probably shoes or socks but it might be anything.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:10 PM
Yes, one problem is that we're assuming the item is my Nude Shoes, but it might not be. I know of at least one other creator who has made a null feet mesh, and there are probably more, or it could be something else altogether. Also, don't forget to delete all your cache files (the files that end in .cache in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder) and all World Cache files if you play any other world besides Sunset Valley (in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\World Caches folder), because the cache files still contain copies of your deleted custom content after you've deleted it, so the item can still turn up in your game even though the original file was deleted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:28 PM
Ok thanks for all the help... I go back if the problem is solved or unsolved
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
The problem is solved I have some packages from peggy that not working more with the 1.29 patch and other downloads like a pair of tennis that no longer compatible with this patch... Thanks for all and time waisted for help me :D
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-broken/bad content
Page 1 of 2